5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recall on power adjusting pedals

PTRAM

Reaction score
I still can't get my recall done for the power brake pedal since my dealer doesn't have any parts unless they have a limited amount and are putting them on new Rams so they can sell the ones on the lot---Nay, they would not do that to a customer who has purchased at least 15 vehicles from them--would they???

Incomplete
Recall Date
February 05, 2019
FCA Recall #
V07
NHTSA Recall #
19V-067
Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk
An adjustable brake pedal assembly that allows the brake pedal adjustment to over travel could cause the brake pedal to become separated from the pedal assembly. If the brake pedal separates from the adjustable pedal assembly, the driver may be unable to use the brake pedal to apply the service brakes, which can cause vehicle crash without prior warning.
Repair Description

FCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall on all affected vehicles to repair the adjustable pedal assembly.
Recall Status
Incomplete but repair parts are available

This makes me feel good if parts are available and I can't get one.

Last edited:

Bonafide823

Reaction score
Stopped at the dealership today and they said thats the only recall thats out for my truck right now. I mentioned the power steering but they said based on my VIN, I only need to get my pedals inspected

DennisY

Reaction score
No, you don't need a letter if you know about the recall, they will repair it. I think if you have your vehicle in for anything and they see a recall not completed they go ahead and do if if you have the time.

Confirmed today. I have an appt next week. As with Ford, they looked up the VIN and found all three recalls. Pretty early in the model year to have so many recalls. Hope that doesn't bode poorly.

j517

Reaction score
I still can't get my recall done for the power brake pedal since my dealer doesn't have any parts unless they have a limited amount and are putting them on new Rams so they can sell the ones on the lot---Nay, they would not do that to a customer who has purchased at least 15 vehicles from them--would they???

Incomplete
Recall Date
February 05, 2019
FCA Recall #
V07
NHTSA Recall #
19V-067
An adjustable brake pedal assembly that allows the brake pedal adjustment to over travel could cause the brake pedal to become separated from the pedal assembly. If the brake pedal separates from the adjustable pedal assembly, the driver may be unable to use the brake pedal to apply the service brakes, which can cause vehicle crash without prior warning.
Repair Description

FCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall on all affected vehicles to repair the adjustable pedal assembly.
Recall Status
Incomplete but repair parts are available

This makes me feel good if parts are available and I can't get one.
once they sell u the truck or vehicle you are sh-t to them

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

PTRAM

Reaction score
Stopped at the dealership today and they said thats the only recall thats out for my truck right now. I mentioned the power steering but they said based on my VIN, I only need to get my pedals inspected

Don't always trust "what they say" but check it out yourself. Here is the Mopar recall website----just enter your 17 VIN (no punctuation markls) and see if your Ram has any Recalls.

edit--Whoops--forgot to give you the website..............https://www.mopar.com/en-ca/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

1fujifilm

Reaction score
Just called my dealer today to set up a appointment for the power steering issue. As I was talking to the service advisor, she informed me that there is another recall just issued today. She told me the power adjusting pedals could come out of adjustment and cause braking problems. There is a shim that has to be installed on it. She said they have to order the part, and that they will call me when it's in.
Has anybody else heard of this?
She said it was just issued today

Bogus dude, I didn't want these stupid pedals but they came with an overpriced package. They are useless unless you are exteremely short.

Bear

PTRAM

Reaction score
Bogus dude, I didn't want these stupid pedals but they came with an overpriced package. They are useless unless you are exteremely short.

Bear
Just called my dealer today to set up a appointment for the power steering issue. As I was talking to the service advisor, she informed me that there is another recall just issued today. She told me the power adjusting pedals could come out of adjustment and cause braking problems. There is a shim that has to be installed on it. She said they have to order the part, and that they will call me when it's in.
Has anybody else heard of this?
She said it was just issued today

If yesterday was Feb. 6 when you talked to your service department they are correct-----------

Bear
I didn't know I had it until after I purchased my Ram and asked the salesman what that button was for that controls the
brake pedal height position. Now I have a Ram really unsafe to drive according to the V07 recall. My wife is short and she checked and she doesn't need to raise it. I told her before this recall to not change it.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If yesterday was Feb. 6 when you talked to your service department they are correct-----------

I didn't know I had it until after I purchased my Ram and asked the salesman what that button was for that controls the
brake pedal height position. Now I have a Ram really unsafe to drive according to the V07 recall. My wife is short and she checked and she doesn't need to raise it. I told her before this recall to not change it.
Unsafe is a little harsh, if you don’t adjust the pedals while driving (which the manual says not to) I don’t see what the risk is.

Yes it’s annoying, yes it needs to get fixed.

PTRAM

Reaction score
Unsafe is a little harsh, if you don’t adjust the pedals while driving (which the manual says not to) I don’t see what the risk is.

Yes it’s annoying, yes it needs to get fixed.

I had already done that several times so I guess it was a little dangerous since I had not read the 688 page manual completely or looked at completely on the Internet. (most of those times I was sitting still-but probably 3 times I was moving and accidentally hit the button))

Repair Description

I guess this would "annoy me" if I was alive to talk about it. I see this as a risk.

Last edited:

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FCA US urges customers affected by this recall to refrain from using the adjustable pedal
feature until their vehicles are serviced. Further, FCA US reminds customers not to use
the adjustable pedal feature while driving, as stated in the owner’s manual

I will follow the recall recommendations and continue to safely drive my truck

PTRAM

Reaction score
FCA US urges customers affected by this recall to refrain from using the adjustable pedal
feature until their vehicles are serviced. Further, FCA US reminds customers not to use
the adjustable pedal feature while driving, as stated in the owner’s manual

I will follow the recall recommendations and continue to safely drive my truck

I will too, but will be careful not to hit that brake button anymore--safe driving edclark.

tango1179

Reaction score
Ouch, my truck just arrived at dealer today and I was going to pick it up on Saturday.
Pretty excited, then I got the call that that can't deliver it to me because of the new recall.
That's all I know for now. Hope it's a quick fix and not waiting for parts.
Maybe I'll go visit it tomorrow.
At least they sent me a picture

af79eee1d8fa26800aa808012313aba9.jpg
That sucks that a brand new built vehicle would still have the recall. That should have been fixed during the build. I have put my VIN in the MOPAR checker several times, and it comes back as NO RECALLS.

Bonafide823

Reaction score
Don't always trust "what they say" but check it out yourself. Here is the Mopar recall website----just enter your 17 VIN (no punctuation markls) and see if your Ram has any Recalls.

edit--Whoops--forgot to give you the website..............https://www.mopar.com/en-ca/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

Thanks for the link. I checked and the brake pedal is the only recall. Pretty stupid of the dealership wanting me to schedule an appt. With scheduling for them to inspect it. What if it is defective and I lost my brakes while driving with my kids in the vehicle? They also said it would take 2 hours to inspect and install the clip if needed.

canative

Reaction score
Just got my '19 Big Horn delivered to me on Sat. Now I have to go back this Sat. for the recall on the pedals. Geez!

JDBob35a

Reaction score
I'll be at the dealer today for the rear brake replacement to stop the squealing noise. Hope they can take care of the pedal adjustment recall while I'm there. I called and asked and I can never get a straight answer from them on anything. I can say it's getting old quick having to burn vacation time to get work done to a new truck with less than 4000 miles on it.
Last trip I was stuck at the dealer for 3.5 hours getting them to "LOOK" at the rear brakes and tighten the ground wire for the power steering recall (had to argue with them that recall existed). Wish me luck!!

j517

Reaction score
Idiots at the dealership for 3 day and some jerk off drop e it 40 miles with out my permission or knowledge. Dealership will not tell me crap the day I fought the truck they did not do the inspection and I had the recall for the battery terminal when I purchased it. Going to file a complaint with the NTSB some dealership for fined 45k

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

CompuDav

Reaction score
I ran into this issue trying to buy a Ram Laramie today. Got everything agreed upon and the salesperson came back with “we’re sorry, we cannot sell you this car due to the recall”. They were estimating they could not fix the truck until early March...

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Had mine at the dealer Friday, they did the pedal recall so at least that is behind me. They were also working on the brake noise issues, but they botched that all up. Was there from 12:20 until 4:15!! Ram dealer incompetence is about to get to me.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
my dealership have called me 3 times already to come in for the brake pedal recall and i am finally going in tomorrow , i am hoping they have parts and wont keep my truck hostage until they can get parts. called to check, the lady is of no use and told we always have parts and fixing a recall takes half a day.. i didnt argue. i am thinking of walking to the service department first to check if they have parts before driving her in

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my dealership have called me 3 times already to come in for the brake pedal recall and i am finally going in tomorrow , i am hoping they have parts and wont keep my truck hostage until they can get parts. called to check, the lady is of no use and told we always have parts and fixing a recall takes half a day.. i didnt argue. i am thinking of walking to the service department first to check if they have parts before driving her in

Try to build a working relationship with a service writer. Then you can call him/her directly and get straight answers. I had the pedal and power steering recalls done last week. Both were done in a about 45 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread