5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recall on power adjusting pedals

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
Just called my dealer today to set up a appointment for the power steering issue. As I was talking to the service advisor, she informed me that there is another recall just issued today. She told me the power adjusting pedals could come out of adjustment and cause braking problems. There is a shim that has to be installed on it. She said they have to order the part, and that they will call me when it's in.
Has anybody else heard of this?
She said it was just issued today

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just called my dealer today to set up a appointment for the power steering issue. As I was talking to the service advisor, she informed me that there is another recall just issued today. She told me the power adjusting pedals could come out of adjustment and cause braking problems. There is a shim that has to be installed on it. She said they have to order the part, and that they will call me when it's in.
Has anybody else heard of this?
She said it was just issued today

Yup. A week ago this site posted an article about it.
https://5thgenrams.com/recall-2019-ram-1500-models-with-power-adjustable-pedals/

I believe as long as you don’t adjust the pedals while the truck is in motion it should be fine until the repair is made. I’m waiting for both my recall notices (battery connector nut & adj. pedal) to come in the mail before I schedule both service repairs.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was in today for the power steering recall and while it was there, they did the power adjusting pedal recall as well.
You may be the first to report on this site that has had the power adjusting pedal recall completed. Can you provide any information about what they did? What parts were required? I have been hesitant to take mine in for this and other issues because I didn't want it to just sit there waiting for parts.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
You may be the first to report on this site that has had the power adjusting pedal recall completed. Can you provide any information about what they did? What parts were required? I have been hesitant to take mine in for this and other issues because I didn't want it to just sit there waiting for parts.
As far as what I was told, they put some kind of spacer in to keep the pedal from traveling back towards the seat too far. I was gonna look underneath the dash once I got home to see if I could tell what they did, but it was dark out so I figure I’ll look in the morning. I didn’t ask if this is a temporary fix or a permanent one.

klail

Reaction score
Do you know if it is all 2019 with adjustable pedals or a specific build date?

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just re-read the article and it doesn’t specify a build date only says certain 2019 new body models. A few hundred thousand are affected “1/3 of which are still at dealers.”
More importantly it suggests not adjusting the pedals at all until its fixed, not just while in motion as I originally thought.

Saints

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 2016 2500 and he got the recall for the pedals.

tango1179

Reaction score
My RAM has not been delivered yet. It is still in the Toledo, OH hub. I would assume that all recalls will be performed on the vehicle before delivery, but I know how dangerous assuming can be. Is there a way to cross reference a VIN with possible recalls?

arizonapaul

Reaction score
Ouch, my truck just arrived at dealer today and I was going to pick it up on Saturday.
Pretty excited, then I got the call that that can't deliver it to me because of the new recall.
That's all I know for now. Hope it's a quick fix and not waiting for parts.
Maybe I'll go visit it tomorrow.
At least they sent me a picture

af79eee1d8fa26800aa808012313aba9.jpg

Last edited:

j517

Reaction score
They will put a spacer since a nut or something is coming loose. They don't have the washers on hand and have to be ordered. They recommend not to move pedals. What is the truck was taken for test drive and some one at the stelership already moved the pedals. Hmmmmm

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Ram79hemi

Reaction score

Ram79hemi

Reaction score
They actually haven't performed the recall yet on my truck they are waiting for parts. Probably going to have it done sometime next. I'll give you more information once it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online