5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recall for backup cameras

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
you are not a mechanic you are a desk jockey and know nothing what you talk about

What Data is Available from OBD? | OBD Solutions.
This is a direct quote of the person you replied to:
Just got called for the recall on this. Dealer Service Department stated that it's a quick computer flash. Is this going to affect the AlfaOBD changes I've made. IE Tailgate Ajar and Bedlights?

Thanks,

DusterJoe
This is a direct quote of your response to that person’s question:
as long as the dealer does not put a reader in the obd-2 port.
Your answer to that person’s question is not correct at all. The act of the dealer simply plugging a reader into the OBD2 port can not possibly affect any changes that were made with AlfaOBD. In order for that to happen, they would have to purposely perform the restore vehicle configuration function.
This recall doesn’t have anything to do with the OBD2 port. The recall is to update the radio software. This is done by downloading the software update onto a thumb drive, and plugging it onto the USB port in the media center under the radio screen.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you are not a mechanic you are a desk jockey and know nothing what you talk about

What Data is Available from OBD? | OBD Solutions.
Just because a tech plugs into the OBD port doesn't mean everything is wiped out. For example, my wife has a Wrangler, that I installed 34" tires on ans set tire size with Alfa. I can plug into the car, program multiple models and still have the setting I set with Alfa. If I initialize the ABS or perform a vehicle reconfiguration while using Witech, the programed tire size will be reverted back to stock. Those are really the only 2 things will mess up what you have done w/ Alfa.

The only reason the dealer would plug into the OBD port for the recall is to "pod" the car for service advisor write up and for the tech to clear codes after, most techs will skip this.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Seems you were the one proven wrong. Might want to check yourself before commenting further.
no one has proven me wrong

unlike you who is only a Integrated systems lead technican.

Can't prove anything I said was factually wrong, just different than your opinion, so let's attack the person, not his advice.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
no one has proven me wrong

unlike you who is only a Integrated systems lead technican.

Can't prove anything I said was factually wrong, just different than your opinion, so let's attack the person, not his advice.
I didn't attack anyone, you are the one doing that. I just said the dealer plugging in the OBD2 reader has nothing to do with them flashing the BCM and reverting it back to stock. Which is doesn't. JIMMY07 set you straight, or are you going to argue with him as well?

Oh, and just for record. Keep up the personal attacks and you will get a vacation. Already did that once this thread, to two others. Consider this your warning. Of which you have received several during your time on this forum.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
AGAIN NO ONE SET ME STRAIGHT

again read what I posted!!!!
Screen shot of your comment and the post you were replying to. Based on the comment you were replying toz your comment insinuates that the dealer plugging in the OBD 2 reader will change settings. If that's not what you meant then my reply was spot on, and your comment doesn't make any difference Screenshot_20231021-155509.png

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Screen shot of your comment and the post you were replying to. Based on the comment you were replying toz your comment insinuates that the dealer plugging in the OBD 2 reader will change settings. If that's not what you meant then my reply was spot on, and your comment doesn't make any difference View attachment 169709
I know what I said
I wrote it!!!!!!!!!!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
and putting a reader in the port ONLY READS WHAT WAS done

why is it so hard for a Integrated Systems Lead Technician to understand it is ONLY reading something NOT modifying anything
It can't tell what was changed, unless they were trying to compare it to factory configuration. And still doesn't matter in regards to the recall. So what was the point of your comment?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NO ONE SAID IT IS WIPED OUT
I only said "as long as the dealer does not put a reader in the obd-2 port."

STOP PUTTING WORDS WHERE THERE ARE NOT ANY!
Bro take a breath. Take a step back, eat an edible and look at what you typed and why people are replying in the way they did/are. Then you add in some link to obd port like that was some kind of new info. Unless you have a factual answer to the question that was asked, why even post what you did?

DeanM2

Reaction score
This recall requires that the radio be updated to version T27.46 (or newer). Anybody have that version for download so that I can perform the update, myself?

Dale_K

Reaction score
My radio software is an older version so I'm trying to use the OTA update and avoid a trip to the dealer. I go to the vehicle setting and pick software update, the truck connects to my wifi but then nothing happens. No "update now", no "check for updates" or any similar phrase. What do I need to do to kick off an update?

The notification letter says "your vehicle's radio software can be reprogrammed remotely using firmware over the air technology in the near future". Does that mean it's not ready yet?

uncc_99xj

Reaction score
My radio software is an older version so I'm trying to use the OTA update and avoid a trip to the dealer. I go to the vehicle setting and pick software update, the truck connects to my wifi but then nothing happens. No "update now", no "check for updates" or any similar phrase. What do I need to do to kick off an update?

The notification letter says "your vehicle's radio software can be reprogrammed remotely using firmware over the air technology in the near future". Does that mean it's not ready yet?

They’ll push it OTA soon. I got the official letter this weekend in the mail and saw that OTA was an option.

When this happened on our Jeep a couple years ago, the update was pushed not long after we received the letter in the mail.

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Has this hit over the air yet? My radio has been trying to update for a week now. The radio stays on when I turn the truck off get out and lock the door. I will get in the truck the next day and the radio says failed to update error code -4. Just trying to figure out if this is the latest update or not.

My radio is showing Build Number: FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has this hit over the air yet? My radio has been trying to update for a week now. The radio stays on when I turn the truck off get out and lock the door. I will get in the truck the next day and the radio says failed to update error code -4. Just trying to figure out if this is the latest update or not.

My radio is showing Build Number: FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD
Try leaving the truck on until the update finishes

GMetal

Reaction score
I recieved the OTA update 3 days ago. It added a zoom feature. I also got an email for the recall yesterday. The RAM App still hasnt updated.

Rebel Chas

Reaction score
Before Build Number: FCA MY23.T25.48-PROD and Application version TTNAV26.3.0

After the Recall mine shows Build Number: FCA MY23.T27.46-PROD and Application version TTNAV28.3.0

Attachments

• FAC MY23 T27 46 Prod 20231102.jpg
    FAC MY23 T27 46 Prod 20231102.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 20
  • TTNAV T28 3 0 20231102.jpg
    TTNAV T28 3 0 20231102.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread