5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Off Road Pages

Godscountryrider

Reaction score
Under my off road page the axle housing occasionally changes color. From white to yellow. Not sure if it indicates something?

Gitter

Reaction score
Had the pitch and roll page in my Tacoma. It was one of my favorite pages. Would be awesome of we could enable at least the pages on the instrument cluster with and update to TazerDT or AlphaOBD.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man some of you sure get giddy over some silly stuff. It’s not like our trucks are rock crawlers and it really matters to know what degree of pitch or roll you are achieving.....geez

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score
Want to add offroad page on my 2019 Rebel via AlphaOBD, it is possible?)

Отправлено с моего iPad используя Tapatalk

BrickWurX

Reaction score
Man some of you sure get giddy over some silly stuff. It’s not like our trucks are rock crawlers and it really matters to know what degree of pitch or roll you are achieving.....geez

Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

I check my oil level at every fill up. Use to also check the air filter, which would just be a total pain in the butt now. I also had a habit of checking my tire pressure, that tech is a nice change. You would have laughed at me pretty hard the first time I looked for the transmission dipstick for a full five minutes before getting out the manual only to realize, THERE IS NO TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK!

I still stare at my engine at the gas station like its missing an appendage, old habits die hard sir.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

I check my oil level at every fill up. Use to also check the air filter, which would just be a total pain in the butt now. I also had a habit of checking my tire pressure, that tech is a nice change. You would have laughed at me pretty hard the first time I looked for the transmission dipstick for a full five minutes before getting out the manual only to realize, THERE IS NO TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK!

I still stare at my engine at the gas station like its missing an appendage, old habits die hard sir.
When in the world would one “Need” the off-road pages? That’s not a need, sorry but it’s just some more gimicky crap.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not "needed", but neither are half the things we have in our vehicles now.

I'd find it useful when towing to see how steep the road is.
I was replying to the member above that said better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

BrickWurX

Reaction score
I was replying to the member above that said better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Was just having fun sir. Need verses want can be very subjective.

The Ram 1500 is my first new truck in 20 years. Do any of us really need a heated steering wheel or seats, back up camera, power side steps, an automatic transmission, touch screen, throaty exhaust notes, a decent stereo, leather clad anything, tinted windows, or Laramie badging? I got along just fine without those things for years.

I have friends that would say if it doesn't have an 8 foot longbed, it isn't really a TRUCK.
I'm sure a lot of it is "gimicky crap" to some, but not to others. To each his own.

Godscountryrider

Reaction score
I noticed if my steering wheel is turned the axle housing changes to yellow. Straight equals white. The wheel degree indicator is handy. The GPS coordinates are useful the rest is handy to tease the tundra crowed😏

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
on the off road pages when displaying on the 12" screen, you can display front facing camera. i know that was a big gripe on the rebels that there is no front mounting camera. seems like that has been fixed with the surround view for 2021.

is there a speed limit where if you are going over 25mph for instance, the front camera will not show up when using these offroad pages? just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/