5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Limited, I apologize

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the wait is over! Before I get to the new Ram, here's what happened with my order. I had originally wanted a Patriot Blue Limited without a single option other than Ramboxes. On the website it has Advance Safety Package as standard so I assumed I would be getting the adaptive cruise by simply ordering a Limited. There was then some confusion when I was searching around for other Rams, so I asked my sales guy and Ram Chat. Both said no, not included, but website still says it is included and I've yet to see a single Limited built without it so....I used that as an excuse to bail on waiting for the ramboxes for three months and ditch my current 2015 Jeep Overland. The Jeep had 40k miles on it and needed new tires and had some funky noises coming from the passenger front wheel and I really didn't want to pay for either of those.

So I started searching around for Blue Limiteds and had 4 dealers searching. There (as of last week) were 71 Patriot blues and only 3 with the regular (smaller) rims, black interior and NO tow mirrors. I tried to communicate with dealers (closest being 500 miles away) and they said they'd ship the car and drive my trade back. It seemed weird and sketchy so I got cold feet and dropped the Patriot Blue. I wasn't married to the Patriot Blue and the Steel or Ivory were my other choices. Ivory is again, impossible to find. So a dealer about 60 miles away had one loaded up, with way more than I would have got. I never use my pano roof now, but I can see where on overcast days, it would help lighten the inside up. I certainly didn't need the upgraded stereo or ventilated seats in the back but I am glad I got anti spin. Trailer break controls will never be touched because...not sure what it does and I had them take the Kentucky Derby sticker off the second I signed the papers.

The MSRP was 63,955, we got down to 56,500. The biggest factor was they gave me a few more thousand on my trade than the other 4 dealers. So...the rest his history. The truck is everything we all knew it was. This is the most expensive vehicle ive ever purchased, easily the nicest and it makes my soul complete driving it. It's not as "in your face" as the Platinum or especially Denali. I actually love the look of both of those trucks, but the interior is a joke compared to the Ram. I originally went to Ram because of the ramboxes but....I just couldn't wait any longer, and I knew I needed a bed cover anyways for strollers and luggage on road trips, so then I figured either way, ive got to buy a bed cover so I'll just toss everything in the bed and save the money /wait for the ramboxes. Lastly, I want to apologize to all the fellow Ram orderers that are still tracking their builds; you are all stronger than me.

One weird thing that I thought was only on the Laramie from a video I saw, is that it appears the DRL accent lighting even on the Limited/Longhorns does not turn off. If you go into Uconnect to turn DRL's off and on, it just turns the headlights on and off. A little strange as I dont know if it's possible to turn off those accent lights.

A few major likes already is the interior just feels next level. Like every place you look has fancy stitching and some sort of leather design. and Adaptive Cruise Control is amazing. My wife has it in her Acura and it stops at 15mph, its very bizarre to be in rush hour traffic and have the truck stop and start for you. It seems to be way more accurate at reading traffic and merging cars than the Acura as well.

Now for a few pics, I will certainly keep updating and if anyone has any questions about the truck, just let me know and I'll go find out.

Attachments

• IMG_8046.jpg
    IMG_8046.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_8047.jpg
    IMG_8047.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_8048.jpg
    IMG_8048.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
  • ShadowWindow.jpg
    ShadowWindow.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_8049.jpg
    IMG_8049.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
  • ShadowWindow.jpg
    ShadowWindow.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 125

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats! Too bad your order didn't work out but I'm glad you found something that would work for you.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Excellent! I envy you already. Those are the sweetest looking wheels I've yet to see on a '19. Good luck.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck and very nice deal! About the same percentage off as I have on my ordered truck...which sits 4 hours away from my dealer right now. I don't blame you for not waiting - not if one was on the ground that fit your specs! Congrats!

Carseat looks familiar - I guess that's three of us who got a Ram due to the added backseat room!

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
...Three kids?? I dont know how you do it. I've got a 9 month old and...chance of this kid getting siblings is not great right now lol. Honestly, half the reason I purchased this truck was to reward myself for keeping him alive for 9 months. Thanks everyone, time to tint and get a bed cover

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Congratulations! So just wanted to clarify something, the limited doesn't come standard with ACC?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you got a good deal on your truck. Sorry the order didn't work out but atleast you got a Ram your happy with and your wait is done. Hope it serves you well @alwi228

Mopar21222

Reaction score
Very nice, the 20's look great, I like them better than the 22s. Plenty of room in that back seat for the rear facing car seat!

I agree entirely, that the Interior has essentially obsoleted all the competitors, along with the rear suspension.

nerdrock

Reaction score
Man my life took a slight turn and i'm really regretting getting a cheaper big horn without the adaptive cruise / lane assist now. (just had our first kid 3 months early, so she's 2 hours away in NICU) . I've already caught myself a couple of times 'zoning out' on the highway while driving back and forth. that, and smart move on the grippier differential. Without it, I've barked the tires trying to zip into traffic a couple times in the big city, making me raise an eyebrow at my decision, vs my old silverado with the posi.... it's things like that I neglected to consider when the 'hurr durr shiny new truck' impulse was happening.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Man my life took a slight turn and i'm really regretting getting a cheaper big horn without the adaptive cruise / lane assist now. (just had our first kid 3 months early, so she's 2 hours away in NICU) . I've already caught myself a couple of times 'zoning out' on the highway while driving back and forth. that, and smart move on the grippier differential. Without it, I've barked the tires trying to zip into traffic a couple times in the big city, making me raise an eyebrow at my decision, vs my old silverado with the posi.... it's things like that I neglected to consider when the 'hurr durr shiny new truck' impulse was happening.

Man, thoughts are with your new baby! My wife is actually a neonatologist so I can appreciate how overwhelming life can be for you as a parent right now. The bells and whistles are nice, I get made fun of more for not having a real truck than I expected tho lol. I'll search the forum for what truck you got. Cheers my friend

nerdrock

Reaction score
Man, thoughts are with your new baby! My wife is actually a neonatologist so I can appreciate how overwhelming life can be for you as a parent right now. The bells and whistles are nice, I get made fun of more for not having a real truck than I expected tho lol. I'll search the forum for what truck you got. Cheers my friend

Thanks :) .. I didn't post much about my truck anywhere, short of the super disconcerting noise being made at almost infrequent random times coming from what sounds like the noise cancelling system. I haven't had time to drop it off at the dealer to take a look yet, so all I have is video / audio proof at the moment. But yeah : pretty simple Big Horn with not a lot of extras. One thing i've really started to appreciate compared to my former silverado is the quality of the factory speaker system to keep the tunes cranked to help stay awake. Also the heated wheel and parking sensors front and back were features not even my 17 LTZ Z71 (very close to the tippy top) had.

Also hug your wife for me, a complete and total stranger from the internet. I've yet to meet anyone in the NICU that wasn't absolutely superhuman.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update! got the tonneau cover on .Ended up getting ...mx4 truckbak (?) im honestly not sure what the name was, but it was one of the more popular options for a mate black finish. This company also had a $330 "backbok 2" that acted like a tool chest in the back, but one that could be collapsed if you needed the space. It is the perfect solution to what I gave up with my ramboxes I figured i'ld share it.So if you get this mf4 cover, do a mail in rebate, you get a over 300 dollar toolbox rebate. (the is where i will be putting in most of my ram box stuff fi had planned on putting there. Google. rakbox2 and here is the info I have so far. Again, its day one so I cant say how well it works, but it seems very strong and very secure.

Attachments

• IMG_8073.jpg
    IMG_8073.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8071.jpg
    IMG_8071.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_8070.jpg
    IMG_8070.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a nice tonneau cover. I've got a BakFlip on my truck and have been very happy with it. The toolbox add on is a nice touch as well.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the toolbox option is not available for rambox

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will order one too once I get my new one. I currently have the G2 but like the MX4 as you don't have to open the cover before you close the tailgate.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, almost 500 miles in. Got the tint today, and bed cover done Saturday. I should have realized that my window tint guy Is also the main guy in town to work on the clearbra stuff so I will probably do that next. Fathers day gift from...my wife, will be some water tight totes for the bed....my fathers day gift to myself was the truck. Everything is perfect on the truck! using the 360 every chance I can get (lining up with tracks in carwash) so it has become one of my favorites, that and the stopngo cruise, makes a huge difference in rush hour!

Attachments

• IMG_06131.jpg
    IMG_06131.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_06132.jpg
    IMG_06132.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_06133.jpg
    IMG_06133.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_06134.jpg
    IMG_06134.jpg