5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 8.4 uconnect update that may fix the deleted preset problem?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you update? I assume I have the OTA updates, as it has ramconnect. I have had this truck for a week, less than 200 miles, and need to redo my presets daily.
Hello Wire4money,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Ramisgood

Reaction score
I took our truck in for a looks cause the radio presets, and surround sound and road noise settings kept going away. The dealer ordered out a new radio for us. We had a flash done previously that was supposed to take care of it but it only lasted for a week or so.

Where is the day/night setting for the screen? Ours is too bright for me at night and I have to turn off the screen to help my vision.

RamCares

Reaction score
I took our truck in for a looks cause the radio presets, and surround sound and road noise settings kept going away. The dealer ordered out a new radio for us. We had a flash done previously that was supposed to take care of it but it only lasted for a week or so.

Where is the day/night setting for the screen? Ours is too bright for me at night and I have to turn off the screen to help my vision.
Hello Ramisgood,

How is the vehicle operating after the new unit was replaced? If you would like to discuss this further, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to assist.

You should be able to adjust the screen brightness on the left side of your dash where the light controls are all located.

William
Ram Cares

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, my presets stopped disappearing after I configured the head unit to my home WiFi. I guess it downloaded an update overnight that fixed that issue?

However, I still continue to get the "GPS signal lost" announcement every time I start the truck to go somewhere. I want to punch the dash. I hope they get that fixed soon. And, yes I did update Android Auto on my phone.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

I think it’s one of the wheels next to the headlight switch. You can adjust the brightness of the dash and radio

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Hello Ramisgood,

How is the vehicle operating after the new unit was replaced? If you would like to discuss this further, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to assist.

You should be able to adjust the screen brightness on the left side of your dash where the light controls are all located.

William
Ram Cares
The replacement radio has not come in yet so I haven't any idea how it will work. Thanks for the info on the lights; I know the switch affects the dash but didn't have the radio on to see what happened there.

RamCares

Reaction score
i'm still not sure what version the 8.4 non-nav should be on
bigdodge,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to see where your software level is currently at and where it should be.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
After two months of holding the presets they have once again disappeared. Here we go again. It was a nice ride while it lasted! 😡

Sorry this recurred, 20GladRubicon. Feel welcome to PM us your VIN and any additional info about your truck, and we're happy to research into this for you.

Steph
Ram Cares

Ramisgood

Reaction score
I really like my Ram EXCEPT for the radio that won't keep my settings. Over three weeks ago the dealership said that it needed to be replaced and a replacement would be in in a couple of weeks. Called them yesterday and was told the service agent would check with the parts department and call me right back. Apparently, the agent needs her memory reset was she didn't call back. Just got off the phone with them again and found out the radios are on backorder and should be in in another two weeks. Needless to say, I dislike the poor service from the dealership and the fact Ram is incapable of providing its customer with a product equal in quality to the price paid for it. Haven't had any issues with my 2018; why did Ram go to the new Uconnect system after the bugs were worked out in the old one. Totally dissatisfied!!!!!!!

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So now I have a new problem. Last two days I start the truck and immediately get a "Tire Pressure is Low" warming on the Uconnect screen. Dash display shows 40 PSI at all four corners and all tires are fine. Sigh... why can't they test this electronic junk before releasing to the public?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I really like my Ram EXCEPT for the radio that won't keep my settings. Over three weeks ago the dealership said that it needed to be replaced and a replacement would be in in a couple of weeks. Called them yesterday and was told the service agent would check with the parts department and call me right back. Apparently, the agent needs her memory reset was she didn't call back. Just got off the phone with them again and found out the radios are on backorder and should be in in another two weeks. Needless to say, I dislike the poor service from the dealership and the fact Ram is incapable of providing its customer with a product equal in quality to the price paid for it. Haven't had any issues with my 2018; why did Ram go to the new Uconnect system after the bugs were worked out in the old one. Totally dissatisfied!!!!!!!
Sounds like they don’t know what to do so they just keep replacing the radio. This is obviously a software bug or some other form of problem that prevents the radio from keeping power while the truck is off.

RamCares

Reaction score

Hi Ramisgood,

Please send us a private message with your VIN and the name of your servicing dealer, and we can work on expediting the radio for you from there.

Steph
Ram Cares

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh, yesterday ALL of my presets vanished. First time that's happened. Back in the summer just a few presets would disappear randomly. This time EVERYTHING was gone, including my audio settings. Why haven't they flashed this OTA to fix these issues yet?

fishingNut

Reaction score
I got the rear camera recall notice about a couple months ago, and finally got my truck serviced this week. This recall fix should also include a fix to the radio presets disappearing issue. Although rare for me, I did experience the rear camera not working twice since I got my truck this past mid-May.

My truck does not have the connected Wi-Fi, so I brought it into the dealership.

This was my build version BEFORE this update:
FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.141.01.12.00 release-keys

This is my build version AFTER this update:
FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.145.00.15.00 release-keys

We'll see how it performs. I will post an update after a couple weeks.

HMCK@1

Reaction score
I got in my 2022 Ram this morning and my presets were gone.

Users who are viewing this thread