5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 8.4 uconnect update that may fix the deleted preset problem?

eezram

Reaction score
Looks like an update came out for my 2022 1500 8.4 non nav. Says it addressed the radio presets being deleted. I have had it for a few days and so far so good, but time will tell. Anyone else get the update? If so how has it worked.

Reaction score
mine does not have connected services so i checked the uconnect website after putting in my vin, it states no update avail for my veh. frustrating...

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine does not have connected services so i checked the uconnect website after putting in my vin, it states no update avail for my veh. frustrating...

Same here. 8.4 non NAV. Presets magically disappear, day/night mode is random, and other issues. My VIN says no updates available. Sigh....

Reaction score
Same here. 8.4 non NAV. Presets magically disappear, day/night mode is random, and other issues. My VIN says no updates available. Sigh....
the day night mode has a setting you can keep it dark or light or automatic.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the day night mode has a setting you can keep it dark or light or automatic.

Same thing my son and wife said. Yet, I have never touched that setting and some days it's on day mode (white background) and other days it's on dark mode (black background) in the middle of the day with the sun shining. So I think it's just a software glitch...... just like the presets disappearing each night.

Reaction score
Same thing my son and wife said. Yet, I have never touched that setting and some days it's on day mode (white background) and other days it's on dark mode (black background) in the middle of the day with the sun shining. So I think it's just a software glitch...... just like the presets disappearing each night.
i found the automatic mode finicky switch it to manual and set it to dark and it will stay.

Wire4money

Reaction score
How do you update? I assume I have the OTA updates, as it has ramconnect. I have had this truck for a week, less than 200 miles, and need to redo my presets daily.

Wire4money

Reaction score
do you have the wifi set up?
I don’t know. I have the RamConnect hooked up and have the app on my phone. It also had the recall for the rear camera done. Website says uconnect is up to date.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like an update came out for my 2022 1500 8.4 non nav. Says it addressed the radio presets being deleted. I have had it for a few days and so far so good, but time will tell. Anyone else get the update? If so how has it worked.
How do you know an update came out? I’ve been waiting for someone to tell me what the latest version is for the 8.4 U4 non nav. The website always shows that I’m up to date, but idk how it even knows that

eeziter

Reaction score
How do you know an update came out? I’ve been waiting for someone to tell me what the latest version is for the 8.4 U4 non nav. The website always shows that I’m up to date, but idk how it even knows that
I have my truck hooked up to my home Wi-Fi network. I believe it automatically downloaded the software update. I do have connected services as well. Don’t know if that has anything to do with being able to update. I will see if I can find the version number and post it here.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have my truck hooked up to my home Wi-Fi network. I believe it automatically downloaded the software update. I do have connected services as well. Don’t know if that has anything to do with being able to update. I will see if I can find the version number and post it here.
I understand. I don't think my truck has the option for wifi. Thanks for checking on the version.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m guessing you have Uconnect 5? My screens are different.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I spoke to my Uconnect case manager today. He said the drive Uconnect website is only for Uconnect 3 devices, and only the dealer can check my radio to see if there’s an update (since I don’t have hotspot or wifi).

Can anyone confirm this?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I looked up my window sticker and it says Uconnect 3 not 4. Is this correct?
D0BFD067-EC02-40E4-978A-1EBD128F0851.jpeg
AFB5ED1A-1672-451E-9C29-8A0002AAE78B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread