5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 8.4 uconnect update that may fix the deleted preset problem?

Ramisgood

Reaction score
So, I was just notified by the dealership that I have to bring my truck in again for a "diagnostic" on the radio. One would think a diagnostic would have been done initially to determine the radio was bad and needed to be replaced. I was told 2 weeks for a replacement radio and that was over 7 weeks ago. Now, I have to start all over again; total BS.

Have been contacted several times by RamCares but I wonder what they actually do. I was told by them they contacted the dealership to expedite the ordering of the replacement radio.

I wonder what Ram would do if we paid for their truck the same way they treat us, their customers. I'm getting dizzy from this run around. Hope the others with this issue get better service.

TheWarmBeer

Reaction score
I got to reset my presets about 12+ times before the update in August and my radio held all of my presets until yesterday.... Then all gone again. So I reset them like I always do but noticed a new issue tonight on my way to the store. I pressed the left, center button, on the steering wheel and instead of the station changing the radio switched to FM from SiriusXM. I thought it was funny, so I switched back to SiriusXM on the 8.4" screen, pressed the left center button again and it switched to FM. The whole way home it did this, the center button would swap between FM and SiriusXM. The right side volume worked perfect and the left side top and bottom buttons moved the channel up and down. Anyone else have anything like this happen recently?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got to reset my presets about 12+ times before the update in August and my radio held all of my presets until yesterday.... Then all gone again. So I reset them like I always do but noticed a new issue tonight on my way to the store. I pressed the left, center button, on the steering wheel and instead of the station changing the radio switched to FM from SiriusXM. I thought it was funny, so I switched back to SiriusXM on the 8.4" screen, pressed the left center button again and it switched to FM. The whole way home it did this, the center button would swap between FM and SiriusXM. The right side volume worked perfect and the left side top and bottom buttons moved the channel up and down. Anyone else have anything like this happen recently?
Do you know what your Uconnect software level is currently at? Please send us a PM, our team would be happy to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Ramisgood

Reaction score
A tech at the dealership said they have had numerous issues with the Connect radios; some work fine and others don't. We haven't had any issues with the one in our 18.

I was told the replacement comes from the manufacture and not Chrysler. Ram Cares contacted the dealership to have them order me a replacement but that is nothing more than fluff as the dealership didn't do a thing until my last diagnostic visit. I don't know if they ordered a replacement yet as I have no assurance of anything that has been said. It's a shame we spend this amount of money and not only get a known defective product but the run around from Ram and the dealerships.

SBFL

Reaction score
I purchased my 2022 Ram 3500 Tradesman in Sept 2021. The presets have never stayed input past 17 days with the shortest being: I started the truck, reset the presets, drove 15 min to the feed store, shopped, got back in the truck, and had to reset the presets. I'm only utilizing 5/15 available presets just because I'm tired of resetting them all the dadgum time.
My truck has been to the dealer four times: Dec 2021, Feb 2022, Jun 2022, and Oct 2022 with the same results: the next software update will fix the issue and we will not install a new radio.
Ram UCONNECT contacted me last week and said a software update fix would be out Mar 2023. On 3 Jan 2023, they called to offer me a free oil change and tire rotation for my inconvenience...really? I asked if they could just fix my radio. The answer was "No, not at this time and we don't know when a fix will be available".
16 months I've been dealing with this issue and it seems by reading all the Ram forums, I'm am absolutely not alone, yet Ram literally does nothing to address the issue/s. If Ram or their supplier were truly working on this/these issues, a fix would have been available in 16 freaking months. Seems to me whatever it is Ram is supposedly doing needs to change or at a minimum, get a whole new group of engineers to work on this.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I purchased my 2022 Ram 3500 Tradesman in Sept 2021. The presets have never stayed input past 17 days with the shortest being: I started the truck, reset the presets, drove 15 min to the feed store, shopped, got back in the truck, and had to reset the presets. I'm only utilizing 5/15 available presets just because I'm tired of resetting them all the dadgum time.
My truck has been to the dealer four times: Dec 2021, Feb 2022, Jun 2022, and Oct 2022 with the same results: the next software update will fix the issue and we will not install a new radio.
Ram UCONNECT contacted me last week and said a software update fix would be out Mar 2023. On 3 Jan 2023, they called to offer me a free oil change and tire rotation for my inconvenience...really? I asked if they could just fix my radio. The answer was "No, not at this time and we don't know when a fix will be available".
16 months I've been dealing with this issue and it seems by reading all the Ram forums, I'm am absolutely not alone, yet Ram literally does nothing to address the issue/s. If Ram or their supplier were truly working on this/these issues, a fix would have been available in 16 freaking months. Seems to me whatever it is Ram is supposedly doing needs to change or at a minimum, get a whole new group of engineers to work on this.
I want to believe ram and the techs are working on it but they are incredibly slow because there are so many issues.

do you have the nav or non nav?

Reaction score
I've been having the same issues since delivery in December 2021 on my 2022 Laramie 8.4 non-NAV. It went away for a little while after last dealer visit for service, but it came back.... it always comes back!

And some new fun things that seem to be glitching now are the Easy Exit and horn beep on second press of remote.

S/W Version:FCA_RIL_ARM64_00.145.00.15.00 release-keys

@RamCares any updates as to when this will ever be updated?? Seem like it's been around way too long for trucks at this price-point.....

Bonsaihorn

Reaction score
Funny thing I've noticed is my presets disappearing only affects my profile. My wife has a profile with her presets and they never get reset. Mine just recently went about 6 months without resetting and then they were gone again last Friday.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
My presets have been good for a while now. But with the last update I’ve found that when using CarPlay it was returning to the homepage at random. Now after paying closer attention it’s not at random, it’s every time my headlights turn on or off. I drive to work early and noticed there are a few places where the lights would turn on and it would go to the homepage and I would put it back to CarPlay and then when the lights turned off again it would go back to the homepage again. I also noticed it when I had the wipers on and the headlights turned on it would go back to the homepage until I made it go back to CarPlay.

zolcsi68

Reaction score
Hi!

If someone have software on usb for my22 8.4 please share.

I able to manage work this radios in older rams with the right harness but only the used radios. i purchased few new and cant get work. I guess need software update. I do all of this on bench so no way to get OTA. Please help to solve this.

Possible to download with aftermarket Witech subscription?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread