5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a place where we can find the actual most current SW version for each version of HW? Seems most posts here are regarding 2019 units, and I didn’t see anything in my scrolling regarding my HW. I have no idea if I’m current.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would the update be the same in Canada as the US ? If so I don’t have the update yet .

Rebel Soul

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Today I just switched to :
*475 horsepower and 1,050 lb-ft of torque on available 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel F-350 .
Was a nightmare having the rebel with 12’ screen and Uconnect/FCA/guardian/xm...
Free ford pass app with health report not like Uconnect wanted me to pay $30 a month just to lock,unlock and start the engine....
Thanks to everyone and specially to this forum which I learned a lot about ramcares ( who don’t give a f...k) how we can fix our problems with our trucks.
Be safe and well everyone...
Peace...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
*475 horsepower and 1,050 lb-ft of torque on available 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel F-350 .
Was a nightmare having the rebel with 12’ screen and Uconnect/FCA/guardian/xm...
Free ford pass app with health report not like Uconnect wanted me to pay $30 a month just to lock,unlock and start the engine....
Thanks to everyone and specially to this forum which I learned a lot about ramcares ( who don’t give a f...k) how we can fix our problems with our trucks.
Peace...
Well......bye!

(Seriously, though...best of luck with the new rig!)

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
*475 horsepower and 1,050 lb-ft of torque on available 6.7L Power Stroke V8 Turbo Diesel F-350 .
Peace...
Did you have a rebel, that's a big change from rebel to F350, perhaps other needs influenced your discision to change. I understand your frustration with the 12', I get pissed every time my android auto doesn't connect and I need to wait about 24 hours before it will think about reconnecting l. AA did work flawlessly in my mustang that I traded in for my Ram. With that said it took Ford 3 tries at there Sync system before getting it right, so cut FCA a little break.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Peace...
Did you have a rebel, that's a big change from rebel to F350, perhaps other needs influenced your discision to change. I understand your frustration with the 12', I get pissed every time my android auto doesn't connect and I need to wait about 24 hours before it will think about reconnecting l. AA did work flawlessly in my mustang that I traded in for my Ram. With that said it took Ford 3 tries at there Sync system before getting it right, so cut FCA a little break.

As someone coming from a 2019 Mustang GT with the latest Sync, I can assure you it has its issues as well.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As someone coming from a 2019 Mustang GT with the latest Sync, I can assure you it has its issues as well.
Yeah, I don't doubt it but the AA did work, we won't even get on all the mustangs they lemoned due to 5.0 engine issues. Bottom line no manufacturer is perfect and hopefully FCA keeps trying to perfect with updates.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
According to the powers that be at Uconnect they are still pushing out updates, but there is no timetable on when it‘ll happen. My take is it could happen by the end of the month or 2 years from now. No longer holding my breath.

RammyShand

Reaction score
2019 Limited (6/19 build) here and I received the update a month or so ago. Before the update, my ONLY problem was randomly muted Bluetooth calls. Everything else worked as designed. After the update, everything works and I'm loving my truck even more. The update also included a few minor UConnect tweaks that enhances the user experience (buffering xm channels, Pandora stations, etc.)

No knock against others who are still waiting and quite frankly, I'd be pissed if I was one of them.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted a thread awhile back but there was no replies so maybe I’ll get a better response in this thread.

So since my truck was new I have had this problem, first noticed at about 300-500km and now I’m at 27,000km (10 months or so have had this problem). When hitting my 4-way flasher or adjusting my seat the screen flickers sometimes short burst and sometimes long burst. Also, it doesn’t do it ALL the time.

Also my Bluetooth mutes the phone calls, the person can’t hear me but I can hear them. Then I have to disconnect the call and call back. Then it works. Again this doesn’t happen everyday it’s sporadic as well.

Anyone have these issues? I think I seen the some post here about the bluetooth, but nothing regarding the screen flicker.

I’ve had the truck at the dealer a few times. One time they reloaded software and after weeks of waiting from “Chrysler engineers” as the dealer told me, the dealer was old to take the radio out and reseat all the connectors. Nothing it working. I have contact my dealer a few times and they said they are not aware of any currently updates.

I am frustrated, because in about 2 months time this will be a full year with this problem yet to be fixed.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted a thread awhile back but there was no replies so maybe I’ll get a better response in this thread.

So since my truck was new I have had this problem, first noticed at about 300-500km and now I’m at 27,000km (10 months or so have had this problem). When hitting my 4-way flasher or adjusting my seat the screen flickers sometimes short burst and sometimes long burst. Also, it doesn’t do it ALL the time.

Also my Bluetooth mutes the phone calls, the person can’t hear me but I can hear them. Then I have to disconnect the call and call back. Then it works. Again this doesn’t happen everyday it’s sporadic as well.

Anyone have these issues? I think I seen the some post here about the bluetooth, but nothing regarding the screen flicker.

I’ve had the truck at the dealer a few times. One time they reloaded software and after weeks of waiting from “Chrysler engineers” as the dealer told me, the dealer was old to take the radio out and reseat all the connectors. Nothing it working. I have contact my dealer a few times and they said they are not aware of any currently updates.

I am frustrated, because in about 2 months time this will be a full year with this problem yet to be fixed.

When you have the phone mute issue, rather than hanging up and calling back, from the phone screen if you hit the transfer to handset button, then right away hit the button again to transfer back to Uconnect it clears up the mute issue. It’s really annoying that it happens in the first place though.

Reaction score
When you have the phone mute issue, rather than hanging up and calling back, from the phone screen if you hit the transfer to handset button, then right away hit the button again to transfer back to Uconnect it clears up the mute issue. It’s really annoying that it happens in the first place though.

Awesome thanks for the tip!!! It’s definitely annoying that it happens, but more annoying is my screen flickering when I adjust my seat or hit my 4 ways. The transfer call thing is way better then hanging up and redialing. I’ll have to give that a shot the next time I have an issue. Been driving a company vehicle for a few weeks so haven’t been in my truck for almost 3.5 weeks.

RammyShand

Reaction score
You asked if anyone have the muted Bluetooth call issue. Yet, directly above your post, I talked about the muted Bluetooth call issue being resolved with the latest UConnect update. Lots of discussions have been had about that very issue.

Reaction score
You asked if anyone have the muted Bluetooth call issue. Yet, directly above your post, I talked about the muted Bluetooth call issue being resolved with the latest UConnect update. Lots of discussions have been had about that very issue.

HeIlo I believe you didn’t read my post in it’s entirety. I even stated just after my post with this quote.

It clearly states I seen some post about the bluetooth bu nothing regarding the screen flicker.

My post was more directed to the screen flicker problem which I have seen NO post for. The Bluetooth issue I seen post about it, I never gave the bluetooth portion much though as I figured it was related to my screen flicker. It’s the screen flicker that bothers me as it does it when pushing my 4 way button and seat adjustments therefore this could be a full vehicle wiring issues. Whereas the Bluetooth is usually just firmware/software issues which are usually easily fixed..

hdgmctruck04

Reaction score
Evening, so I will openly admit I read a few pages and got pulled away at work before I could google it. Yes, I will be lazy , its been a long day. How do I find the SW rev on my radio? I assume I have to get into the engineering menu somehow??

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/