5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So since I got updated on multiple occasions the radio is only playing through right speakers, turn radio off and on and it's all fixed never happened before update and I the volumn when listening to spotify through Android Auto is much lower compared to listening to FM radio.

E.Hands

Reaction score
So since I got updated on multiple occasions the radio is only playing through right speakers, turn radio off and on and it's all fixed never happened before update and I the volumn when listening to spotify through Android Auto is much lower compared to listening to FM radio.

When the left(driver's side) speakers drop out it usually means your GPS is trying to mute the music and give directions. The navigation voice volume is turned all the way down in navigation settings.
This may not be your situation but I heard other mentioning the left speakers dropping out and the coming back on. And I found the fix to be turning up the navigation voice volume in nav settings.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still no update from this N0GL dude, but my screen did black out a few times today. :p:mad:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When the left(driver's side) speakers drop out it usually means your GPS is trying to mute the music and give directions. The navigation voice volume is turned all the way down in navigation settings.
This may not be your situation but I heard other mentioning the left speakers dropping out and the coming back on. And I found the fix to be turning up the navigation voice volume in nav settings.
Yeah, I know what your referencing as I had issue when I first got truck and had to figure it out. In this situation no navigation was being used. I just started truck and only had right side speakers(perhaps only right front but not 100% sure) .

20RAM2O

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to receive the OTA update notification. I checked on the UConnect website and it's showing no updates available, of course.

2019 RAM Limited.

Neokane

Reaction score
Got a brand new phone so I can tell u connect it isn't the dang phone cutting out with the bluetooth...

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got a brand new phone so I can tell u connect it isn't the dang phone cutting out with the bluetooth...
I got a Samsung s20 ultra and I haven't had an issue. I also never had any issues prior with my pixel 3 xl.
I was hoping the new phone wouldn't cause a problem with the uconnect software.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even Tesla doesn’t know that ****, they had bricked cars the day before Christmas because the 6gb download wouldn’t finish...

If the download never finished how did they brick the cars? Seems it would never have started the update.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
If the download never finished how did they brick the cars? Seems it would never have started the update.

That’s exactly the point they were talking about. Even with an interrupted download you still have a file. Now if you use no or weak file integrity verification before you start the update process with a corrupted file you can brick your device. One would think checksum verification is pretty standard those days but those things still happen... look at Apple they have recently bricked some of their watches with updates, now that was just a developer beta but still went out to a ton of people... or ever returning bugs that were supposed to be fixed etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.Hands

Reaction score
I think we may be going "Corona Virus" with all this failed/bricked software update stuff.
My system worked fine before the update and after even with the little search work around. I'm quite happy with system!

Tellsch

Reaction score
My truck updated last friday and online nav search / mic started working today.
My lucky day - the online search works now. It says 4G and I am able to search new locations. Took about 6 days after the update for it work.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping to hear of more updates over this past weekend but it seems like the this round of updates may be over.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
My lucky day - the online search works now. It says 4G and I am able to search new locations. Took about 6 days after the update for it work.
Mine too.... updated last week and it showed offline and now suddenly my online search is working.... looks like someone at FCA flipped another switch.

thankfully I didn’t follow uconnects Advice to go to the dealer and get another screen. They really don’t have a clue.....

CNSC29NFGL
build 2/19

rconiv

Reaction score
Somehow the Waze volume is muted or 0 after updated, you will need to wait when the notification pop-up and quickly turn the volume up as you like and it will stay like that after.

I also noticed square notification box for Waze to alert you about police or disabled car..... is blocking ahead view now, i don't know is Waze, AA or Uconnect issue.
That was what my audio issue was, thanks. I will have to pay more attention to the icons. I didn't run it very long this morning, just enough to see if the issue was fixed by turning the volume knob.

Reaction score
My truck build was middle of last year. I have not had any issues at all but I don't use the nav portion of it either. It did the update last week and the only thing I have noticed as was mentioned by a couple others was that the stereo system does indeed have a much tighter bass sound to it now.

This truck is amazing and I feel so bad for those who have had such bad experiences with theirs.

Escamp1

Reaction score
My truck updated a week ago and the navigation search finally works. Unfortunately it's 2 weeks before my sirius xm trial ends.

Users who are viewing this thread