5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

Runagun

Reaction score
You should have this one at least. Fixes a good amount of issues.

This is what I got and I have been having major issues from day one. I’m curious to see but honestly I’ve been told since October 2018 there will be an update soon and so far nothing but empty promises...

357a1a5e065ef43f55722b2ffa4bf21b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020blckout

Reaction score
Not a single problem here
2020 limited build 09/2019
Also think my truck is perfect
Take it to the dealership and looks like they activate the feature for reverse till mirrors
I’ll post a picture of my system

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 128

SemperGumby

Reaction score
I really wish I was more friendly with techs that have access to the dang downloads, it's not like it's some Konami code to get it to update; copy the update to a 16gb thumb drive, plug into truck, press update, go watch a TV show, boom you are done.

The part where it mentions performing an ECU reset twice makes no sense to me but it's most likely the ol "turn it off and on a few times" so maybe a battery unplug will do the same.

ghardy

Reaction score
My Ram was built in May 2019 and I have Radio Hardware CNSC29NFGL Software 18.45.40. Since getting my truck in Nov 2019 I have had the bluetooth issue of not being heard. Took my truck in today for the 2nd time to see if the software can be updated. They stated I have the updated software already however " there is a bulletin stating that the issue could be directly related to one or both of the microphones on the driver side". They replaced one of the microphones as suggested by the bulletin. They stated if this does not fix the problem then they will replace the other as well. Since having the microphone replaced I have had 3 separate calls, each lasting at least 10 minutes, within the bluetooth dropping.

ghardy

Reaction score
I do not see a bulletin number on my paperwork nor did they provide one. However what was replaced was part number 68207349AB. I told them I have tried and had this happen on an Android LG Q6 and Q8 as well as iPhone 8 and 10Max. I also told them that this happened on a 911 call last week to report a drunk driver and 911 had to call back because they thought I hung up on them

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not see a bulletin number on my paperwork nor did they provide one. However what was replaced was part number 68207349AB. I told them I have tried and had this happen on an Android LG Q6 and Q8 as well as iPhone 8 and 10Max. I also told them that this happened on a 911 call last week to report a drunk driver and 911 had to call back because they thought I hung up on them
Thx for looking, pls keep us updated if you continue to be problem free. Hoping for an firmware update by next month(not holding my breath) . If not I'll bring it in or worse case replace myself. For $30 it might be easier than going through hassel of dropping it off or waiting around for a few hours while they diagnose.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

macallien

Reaction score
not a software update itself, but I have noticed a lot of cool features on my uconnect that were not demoed to me during the buy.

all of the stations marked as favorites are constantly doing a rolling buffer of the current play so when I switch to the channel it always starts at the beginning of the song/segment. this is only while the truck is running.

there are many stations that are not on the sat feed, but use the onboard hotspot to stream to the truck for audio.

there are on-demand segments that can be played through the related content button/menu, these are hotspot streamed.

When I take/make a call for handsfree, the music in play pauses itself and resumes where it left off, which is great when I am enjoying a favorite song and then get a call.

the autoplay on USB device connected/BT device connected can be disabled in the menu so it doesn't start playing whatever audiobook I was listening to as soon as I get in the truck.
how do you disable utoplay on USB device connected/BT device connected

dreinert

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there isn't but just to make sure there is no known way to force or "assist" in initiating the OTA update, correct?

When I was updated to this version it fixed a ton of issues but seemed to create the Bluetooth muting issue but that could be a coincidence.

I'm at Software: 18.45.40
App version: 28.1
Hardware: CNSC28N0GL

dsmonline

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there isn't but just to make sure there is no known way to force or "assist" in initiating the OTA update, correct?

I'm at Software: 18.45.40
App version: 28.1
Hardware: CNSC28N0GL

No known way to force an OTA update and we believe with your hardware version, there is little hope of getting one (sorry). The update seems to pop up randomly right after shutting off the engine, so always look at your 12" screen for a few seconds after doing so just in case it shows an update is available.

Gixxer1kr

Reaction score
The bluetooth issue has nothing to do with the mic. It is a software issue. A workaround until they fix the issue for the bluetooth is when you are on a call and it happens you have 2 options. One hit bluetooth button on your cell and then back on will resume the call with sound again. Or two from the dial screen on Ram screen hit transfer then transfer again and it will resume as normal. Both options work 100 percent of the time.

ghardy

Reaction score
I am still problem free and have no issues with callers not being able to hear me after the call has already started.

I was able to get the bulletin number for the microphone issue
S1908000199 released 11-27-19

stevestrike

Reaction score
I was able to get the bulletin number for the microphone issue
S1908000199 released 11-27-19
Anyone got a copy of that bulletin? I can't believe that if it applied to our issues the dealers would not have applied it by now. I think they are getting as desperate to fix this issue as we are, as I'm sure they're sick of hearing people complain!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
So I've been having issues with my 12 inch screen and I called Uconnect about it. I mentioned the update and they had no idea it was going out to people. They told me i have the latest version, but based on this thread that is not the case. My version starts with 18. I was put on hold for a while and the rep went to go look into it. When they came back I was told that they are doing a test release in Michigan currently. Overall very little info on it. I think they just train their reps to tell everyone they have the most up to date version. Oh well, i hope i get an update soon.

Abesosa

Reaction score
So I've been having issues with my 12 inch screen and I called Uconnect about it. I mentioned the update and they had no idea it was going out to people. They told me i have the latest version, but based on this thread that is not the case. My version starts with 18. I was put on hold for a while and the rep went to go look into it. When they came back I was told that they are doing a test release in Michigan currently. Overall very little info on it. I think they just train their reps to tell everyone they have the most up to date version. Oh well, i hope i get an update soon.

Yea even when I go online and enter my vin number is says up to date but like
You said according to this thread that is not the case

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue tom

Reaction score
In software development, there's a concept called canary releases or incremental rollouts or some other terms. Vendors don't just have a big "launch day" like in the past. Software is constantly updated, then updates are released to a small portion of the audience. Sometimes it's a specific audience segment (like geo location, some user attributes, customer value, beta users, etc.) and sometimes it's totally random. They roll it out to a few, monitor metrics to see how it's doing, and then with enough data, they either continue to slowly roll it out incrementally, or they roll it back if needed. They could also be running A/B experiments using different versions with different features and fixes. Those variation buckets are typically randomly assigned.

That's all to say that there may not be a person in control of which software version you get or when you receive updates. The support rep on the other end of the line probably can’t push a newer version OTA to you if you’re not in one of the early rollout groups. The point is to let an algorithm determine who gets it initially and to make data-based decisions. Not customer request-based decisions that can skew your test results.

Now, I’m not saying that’s what RAM is doing in this case. Just that it’s a thing that product teams do. And when users don't realize it's a thing, they can get awfully confused or ornery when they realize someone else has a different experience than they have. Don't even get me started on personalization...

1e09e3f1ffbfbe51e2e06005afb8d0f7.gif

Epilogue: If you want to see this sort of rollout, testing, and personalization in action, just compare your Amazon.com app to a friend’s. Odds are that your home page, your sort & filter options, and your search results for a given keyword will be different, sometimes to a great degree.

fredrk123

Reaction score
I’m right there with you on getting an attorney. Mine is actually rebooting every 3.5 to 4 mins. GPS location is completely off from my current location. Heat cycles off and on. Told there will be an update soon. Hahahaha. I bought the truck with a working screen.
This experience has been terrible. I will be sure to bad mouth Ram/Chrysler to anyone I know. I’m done. The worst experience ever with service. Getting rid of my F-150 was my biggest mistake. Blinded by that 12 inch screen and the interior.
I get the issue of having to adjust the heat because it will get too hot then it will get too cold issue. Also I get the unrecognized usb cable issue. The gps unfortunately for me works decent....it still when you put in an address seems its a little lost so i just put in name of the location instead of the address.....Have they fixed your issue yet or what did you do to fix. We all waiting on the update which i hope comes or the lawsuits will be worse than the coronovirus outbreak. I have 2019 ram laramie loaded....

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
I get the issue of having to adjust the heat because it will get too hot then it will get too cold issue. Also I get the unrecognized usb cable issue. The gps unfortunately for me works decent....it still when you put in an address seems its a little lost so i just put in name of the location instead of the address.....Have they fixed your issue yet or what did you do to fix. We all waiting on the update which i hope comes or the lawsuits will be worse than the coronovirus outbreak. I have 2019 ram laramie loaded....
Yes they fixed my issue by replacing the whole radio unit behind the screen, so not the actual screen. Mine was actually unusable took over a month to get some sort of answer then 2 weeks for the unit and replacement to be put in. They also made 1 months payment for my trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread