5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

djjr50

Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense. How would the truck update if you don't have an active data plan?

I would expect those that are getting the updates have an active data plan--even if it's the free trial that comes with the truck purchase. Those of us that have not renewed the plans I think we're out of luck for an OTA update
Oh...interesting theory! Any of those who got the download care to chime in if they have a data plan?

Pino F

Reaction score
I got my download and I never activated the free data plan or signed up for any

Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an active plan, and no update yet, still on 18.45.40 in Baton Rouge, La.
Don't really care though, mine works just fine. Nothing to complain about at all.
I did notice a difference from a few other posts a difference in Hardware part number. Mine is CNSC29NFGL build date 07, 2019. Maybe the update is for the people with certain hardware. Just an observation.

Attachments

• IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 71

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Don't really care though, mine works just fine. Nothing to complain about at all.
I did notice a difference from a few other posts a difference in Hardware part number. Mine is CNSC29NFGL build date 07, 2019. Maybe the update is for the people with certain hardware. Just an observation.
Dookie, I am in St. Amant Louisiana, I have the same build date as yours. Mine still has the dropped audio during a call. I will have to see what software version I have to compare.

stevestrike

Reaction score
I got my download and I never activated the free data plan
The trial plan is active when your truck leaves the dealer. There is nothing you need to do to make it work, but it expires after... 6mo I think.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The trial plan is active when your truck leaves the dealer. There is nothing you need to do to make it work, but it expires after... 6mo I think.
The WiFi trial is not activated unless your dealer did it for you. SiriusXM Guardian should have been activated by the dealer and lasts a year, as does SiriusXM All Access.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing I have noticed from this last update is the center dotted line on the backup camera which is perfect for aligning your tow ball to your trailer and that the Navigation screen is slightly more full screen size than before.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This is what my system SW versions are. No update as of yet for me either here in NW Florida.

CC24E53A-BBF8-419F-B96D-3A92CB4B9EDE.jpeg

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
You don’t need an active data plan for the download. Not that mine has updated yet but it’s not required. If your dealer activated your data plan without your permission you got ripped off. Again I haven’t even activated mine and never will as the AT&T service sucks in my area. I tried it in my wife’s Jeep on a road trip and it was unusable for most of the trip. I wish they would rename the software version to something else or add what it’s for. FCA and uconnect go off the application version if you’re having issues with your radio and call that the software version. See image from tech bulletin. The latest version I’ve seen is in the 2nd image(not mine).

74157CA9-710C-4F38-AD68-B9C0939D11AA.jpeg
591D4AB1-48BF-4F92-B09E-2745B0628C74.jpeg

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
For those that have gotten or those who get the new update can you check to see if you have an icon or app that says “uconnect market” please?

0EF8D3F0-CFA2-4230-A041-624A5B416DDD.jpeg

ammdrew

Reaction score
left orlando monday drove back to MN did not pick up the update anywhere in between. may require full sleep cycle at a location before it loos to see if a update is available.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what my system SW versions are. No update as of yet for me either here in NW Florida.

View attachment 45736
I have the same version, and honestly, I do not want an update. Mine doesn’t give me problems. I specifically ask the dealer not to update anything when I drop my truck off for service. 25k miles and mine even holds screen themes.

stevestrike

Reaction score
You don’t need an active data plan for the download. Not that mine has updated yet but it’s not required.
How do you know this? Do you have a source? You are saying that Ram/FCA is footing the bill for all that bandwidth?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you know this? Do you have a source? You are saying that Ram/FCA is footing the bill for all that bandwidth?
i dont subscribe to a data plan for this truck, nor my last truck. i have had 1 OTA update, when i owned my '15 4th gen and i guess FCA footed the bill, i didnt get charged.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding is they use the built in cellular connection and a data plan is not needed. I don't have the data plan, but I do have sirius XM and it will go to the cellular signal if the satellite signal cuts out. I am still waiting for the elusive update to hit so I can see if my problems get cured. Here is an old uconnect update sheet that has more explanation:

Users who are viewing this thread