5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

stevestrike

Reaction score
My understanding is they use the built in cellular connection and a data plan is not needed.
Thanks for the link! So they are using a data plan that's built into the truck that we do not get access to unless we pay additional. FCA is paying for that connection, since they do not run their own cellular network. Still no updates for my truck as of yet.

From the document: "An Over-the-Air Software Update is a method ofdelivering new software to a vehicle through a wireless cellular network."

Reactions: Jtr

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm also on 18.45.40.
There's no rhyme or reason as to which trucks get updates or why others don't.
Could be trim dependent, but I doubt it.

IMG_4657.jpeg

Last edited:

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am about to go on a drive today after being sick. Here's to hoping that I get the update and it doesn't cause more harm then good. I am currently on Software = 18.27.17, boot = 18.26.01 EQ = 3.4. Purchased 12/24/2019.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Mine is updating now and I live in central Arizona. Will post a picture of the screen when done.

Attachments

• B45D6AE3-B5A1-47BF-99E2-6D89E2ECCBA2.jpeg
    B45D6AE3-B5A1-47BF-99E2-6D89E2ECCBA2.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 99

dsmonline

Reaction score
What version were you on prior to the update?
Version 19.33.11
does it just start on its own?
Yes, it started on it's own just after I shut it down and let the screen time out.

Update took about 30 minutes, I had the truck in 'Run' with the engine off. There was a countdown in minutes and % down, somewhat accurate. I went through the settings and can see only one change, the audio settings had changed, bass was -3, mid +1 and treble +3. After update bass was +1, mid -1 and treble +2, so looks like the changed the software curve otherwise they would have been all zeroed or left where they where.

11-30-2019.jpeg 2-5-2020.jpeg

dsmonline

Reaction score
I see my map version did not change, I have 2019-03-27 before and after. I have seen others say their map versions are different (older), so for those with older versions, check after the update to see if you got a newer map version.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. So I contacted Uconnect and evidently everyone in this forum are complete liars and everything we have all been told is false. We are living in the Matrix. Uconnect Geniuses told me that there are no more OTA updates and every update is to be downloaded to a usb stick and updated manually. I told them there are reports of people getting OTA updates and he said that's not possible. Go to the drive uconnect site and check for updates is the only way (I was told this way would never tell you, you have an update). So if you got an OTA update you're hallucinating its not really happening. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys.

Is uconnect really this out of the loop that their support group has no idea what's going on?

stevestrike

Reaction score
Has anyone with the 18.45 gotten an update? I wonder if Ram quietly changed hardware and there is a rev.2x that is getting the 19.33 and beyond. Could we be stuck with the buggy and non-working 18.45 forever?

jhoran

Reaction score
Has anyone with the 18.45 gotten an update? I wonder if Ram quietly changed hardware and there is a rev.2x that is getting the 19.33 and beyond. Could we be stuck with the buggy and non-working 18.45 forever?
Starting to wonder the same thing...
IMG_0334.jpg

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Those with the update. Is the update adding the pandora feature that was mentioned in a post or article(can’t remember which) previously? Not that I use pandora.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Since I am one of just a few that got the 19.33 version initially with my 2020 and others are stuck at 18.45, you may just have something with that thought. We will see over the next few days, maybe a dealer visit will be necessary.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Those with the update. Is the update adding the pandora feature that was mentioned in a post or article(can’t remember which) previously? Not that I use pandora.
I have not seen Pandora anywhere on any screen, new software or old. Where should I look for it?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not as of this morning. If anything changes I will post.

I don't think we're going to see one anytime soon. It looks like 2020's are getting the update first. Who knows when the 2019's will get it, if ever.

Users who are viewing this thread