5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never have gotten 12" software update

mikeruoc

Reaction score
So I signed up for Guardian for a month. We had a small road trip today so it was a perfect time to see what happened. Sure enough, after about an hour the online search started to work. This is the first time since I owned this truck since May 2018 that it worked. The voice online search is also good. But at the end of the day, the routing and maps can not really compete against Apple Car play and Waze or Google Maps. So not sure I will keep Guardian.

FYI if you have an active Sirus XM subscription you get 25% off Guardian. So the $19.99 convenience package became $14.99. So a little better but still should be much cheaper or free!

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I signed up for Guardian for a month. We had a small road trip today so it was a perfect time to see what happened. Sure enough, after about an hour the online search started to work. This is the first time since I owned this truck since May 2018 that it worked. The voice online search is also good. But at the end of the day, the routing and maps can not really compete against Apple Car play and Waze or Google Maps. So not sure I will keep Guardian.

FYI if you have an active Sirus XM subscription you get 25% off Guardian. So the $19.99 convenience package became $14.99. So a little better but still should be much cheaper or free!

Yes free or no more than $7. That’s what I miss bout my Chevy truck remote start unlock free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeruoc

Reaction score
The other thing that is pushing me to cancel it is the remote locking and starting. It takes a long time to lock, unlock, or start. Just shy of a minute. Each time I tried to use it today I just ended up using the key or grabbing the handle. I was using my Apple watch. Going to try using the phone the next few days and see if it will happen any faster.

Yes free or no more than $7. That’s what I miss bout my Chevy truck remote start unlock free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smashweights

Reaction score
So how do you know if you are searching online vs offline? I have never noticed anything that let me select online vs offline.

It says something like "searching online" in the nav screen when searching. Previously it always said "searching offline" or something very similar

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since the update my nav searches online but always gives me no results and says "an unknown error occurred" have to change to offline search to get any results...
Mine now works correctly...for the first time, I believe. I have an active SiriusXM All-Access package, but no Guardian or hotspot.

TLOC

Reaction score
2019, version 18.27.17
EQ 3.4 no update to date
Oct. '18 build date...GOOD GRIEF...

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
2019, version 18.27.17
EQ 3.4 no update to date
Oct. '18 build date...GOOD GRIEF...

I went to EQ 4.1 and software 20.06.13 the other day. I started with the same version that you have

Barqs

Reaction score
Just received my OTA update this afternoon (first time driving the truck in about a week). It popped up just as I had shut the truck down. I'm about 30 minutes into the download right now. Hoping for great things on the other side of this (but I'm getting used to disappointment).

Barqs

Reaction score
Well I *thought* the download was successful until I drove it today. The first thing I noticed was that my CarPlay volume was all the way down to zero, but I was prepared for that and got it working again. Then my daughter and I both noticed that the air conditioner was working VERY well today compared to other days. It was sunny and in the mid-90's with high humidity, so a good day to compare. What I found interesting was the recirculating air was on by default, which was the first time I've seen that in my truck. I'll have to experiment a bit more on that one to see if it's a change or just dumb luck. But as I put it in park in my driveway a message popped up saying "update failed, call support" or something like that. I pushed the "call" button but it just sat there spinning. Not sure what that's about but if my battery dies tonight I'll know it was trying to do something. More to come......

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That doesn’t work. I’m in the oldest very first software and when I enter my vin it says I’m up to date
My update just came over the air last week. I've been driving the truck for 2 years (see sig) with no updates until last week.

Now, driving this evening, my SiriusXM quit.. Switched to fm an the SiriusXM button wasn't lit and I could not bring it back up. About a half hour later, it was back. Not sure if it had anything to do with the update or not.

Hlpyhlperton

Reaction score
Still waiting for my update. Not sure how long I need to wait before I just give up.
2838d3f8a36fb28d80245ddc5456fd38.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread