5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never have gotten 12" software update

braggster

Reaction score
Mine did update the other night. Now at Version 21.6 or something like that. I haven't noticed anything different yet. Still having trouble with SiriusXM not staying on the channel that was selected when I shut the vehicle off.

69Sting

Reaction score
I got the update and it installed smoothly, only things I found is it takes 30 min before your account syncs back up so you can use your uconnect app. I also discovered last night that all my Radio selections (EQ,BALANCE, HD) were all moved to stock plain options. I had to go back through and reset them. Didn't take long but now I am curious what settings in the system defaulted back. Guess it means another 20 min of idling in my driveway and going through all the setting like I have had to do on the last update. OH well. 1st world tech problems :)

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the update and it installed smoothly, only things I found is it takes 30 min before your account syncs back up so you can use your uconnect app. I also discovered last night that all my Radio selections (EQ,BALANCE, HD) were all moved to stock plain options. I had to go back through and reset them. Didn't take long but now I am curious what settings in the system defaulted back. Guess it means another 20 min of idling in my driveway and going through all the setting like I have had to do on the last update. OH well. 1st world tech problems :)
That is the only thing I did notice was the settings going back to default. Curious, with this update, does it now show the odometer, tire pressure, and all the other things it shows for other vehicles?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score

ktl5005

Reaction score
No one really knows how, when, why Chrylser/Uconnect roll out the updates. They don't say anything about it or explain it. Seems it's luck of the draw unfortunately

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
Interesting development today. I took the bait and renewed Guardian for six months for $60. Then tonight, merely a few hours after I threw my money down, I got the update notification.... 20200725_212212.jpg

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Let me know if you get the online search working now that you are a Guardian subscriber.

Interesting development today. I took the bait and renewed Guardian for six months for $60. Then tonight, merely a few hours after I threw my money down, I got the update notification.... View attachment 63356

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting development today. I took the bait and renewed Guardian for six months for $60. Then tonight, merely a few hours after I threw my money down, I got the update notification.... View attachment 63356
Maybe a coincidence. I got the update earlier this week and I don’t have Guardian.

smashweights

Reaction score
Since the update my nav searches online but always gives me no results and says "an unknown error occurred" have to change to offline search to get any results...

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the update now allows me to search via 4g online in the nav. I never could do that before.
Since the update my nav searches online but always gives me no results and says "an unknown error occurred" have to change to offline search to get any results...
I've always been able to do this, and I haven't gotten the latest update. Even my 2019 truck did it. If yours didn't work, either your truck had an issue or the internet wasn't connected (not sure if you need the subscription through AT&T to access search after the initial trial or not).

mikeruoc

Reaction score
So do you have Guardian or ATT subscribed in your truck? From what I am seeing you need Guardian for this to work.

I've always been able to do this, and I haven't gotten the latest update. Even my 2019 truck did it. If yours didn't work, either your truck had an issue or the internet wasn't connected (not sure if you need the subscription through AT&T to access search after the initial trial or not).

Kidder

Reaction score
So do you have Guardian or ATT subscribed in your truck? From what I am seeing you need Guardian for this to work.
Negative. I have neither Guardian or the hot-spot enabled. I got my update this past Monday.

mikeruoc

Reaction score
I am asking about the online search.

I know the updates come through no matter what you are subscribed to or not subscribed to. I have neither and I got my update last Monday.

Negative. I have neither Guardian or the hot-spot enabled. I got my update this past Monday.

ktl5005

Reaction score
The online search in the 12” has been known to not work. Multiple posts about it and Uconnect won’t tell us why.

Users who are viewing this thread