5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav system offline

Billy2j

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. spent hours researching this. If you go to the video from FCA going over the nav in the 12.1 there screen is the same way. Very frustrating as the wording "Online Search" to me means online search. Only difference on their video is the wording does not say online search it shows search places, address. if you go to around 53 seconds of this video you will see.

I just did the 2021 update on my 2020 Ram 12" Nav and now my online search looks just like the video you posted (@53 secs). Multiple bars displayed showing internet signal is available, but above these bars the circle with the diagonal line through it shows internet not available and the on screen mic icon is inactive. Before the update the online search worked flawlessly...not happy with the $149 update!!!

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
I just did the 2021 update on my 2020 Ram 12" Nav and now my online search looks just like the video you posted (@53 secs). Multiple bars displayed showing internet signal is available, but above these bars the circle with the diagonal line through it shows internet not available and the on screen mic icon is inactive. Before the update the online search worked flawlessly...not happy with the $149 update!!!
Someone in the same boat as me. Search only searches what’s stored in the map update but will not search online like before for offname businesses. Mine also disabled my assist and sos button. Look in ur Uconnect menu and see if there is an activate services mine has been showing that. I’ve taken to the dealer they’re stumped but most people are morons anyways. I have tried resetting my radio to the point of deactivating everything xm radio and then currently re subscribing to everything. Talked with SiriusXM guardian and they submitted a ticket and told me they would let me know when resolved but don’t know how long it will take which to me sounds like an email ending up in someone’s junk drawer. I’ve been taking things into my own hands if I figure out how to get it back I’ll let you know. My guess is after the update the truck thinks it’s not activated anymore but the services like xm guardian think the truck is still active so the truck is trying to activate a service that is already activated.

Billy2j

Reaction score
Someone in the same boat as me. Search only searches what’s stored in the map update but will not search online like before for offname businesses. Mine also disabled my assist and sos button. Look in ur Uconnect menu and see if there is an activate services mine has been showing that. I’ve taken to the dealer they’re stumped but most people are morons anyways. I have tried resetting my radio to the point of deactivating everything xm radio and then currently re subscribing to everything. Talked with SiriusXM guardian and they submitted a ticket and told me they would let me know when resolved but don’t know how long it will take which to me sounds like an email ending up in someone’s junk drawer. I’ve been taking things into my own hands if I figure out how to get it back I’ll let you know. My guess is after the update the truck thinks it’s not activated anymore but the services like xm guardian think the truck is still active so the truck is trying to activate a service that is already activated.
Let me know if you find the answer....

Campbell927

Reaction score
Have been having the same problem since my complimentary Uconnect subscription expired and I suspected it was related. Got my dealer to dig into it. At first he said he'd never heard of the problem then said by coincidence another customer had come in with the same problem. He sent me the attached STAR Online Publication which basically says this is a feature, not a bug. You need an active Uconnect subscription for the search function to work and dealers shouldn't replace any radios based on this "problem". The problem is that without a cell signal, the search function just searches around the current location in the Around Here window, and there's no way to select a larger search area. I told him that no other nbav system in the industry works like this, that it seems like a straightforward software fix and that FCA ought to comp owners with Uconnect service till this gets fixed. See the attached bulletin

Attachments

• RADIONAV.pdf
    458.6 KB · Views: 30

Jeremyko8

Reaction score
Have been having the same problem since my complimentary Uconnect subscription expired and I suspected it was related. Got my dealer to dig into it. At first he said he'd never heard of the problem then said by coincidence another customer had come in with the same problem. He sent me the attached STAR Online Publication which basically says this is a feature, not a bug. You need an active Uconnect subscription for the search function to work and dealers shouldn't replace any radios based on this "problem". The problem is that without a cell signal, the search function just searches around the current location in the Around Here window, and there's no way to select a larger search area. I told him that no other nbav system in the industry works like this, that it seems like a straightforward software fix and that FCA ought to comp owners with Uconnect service till this gets fixed. See the attached bulletin

Right currently you have to have active guardian for nav search but the current map update messes up your sos and assist connection which in return turns off nav search. Currently I have active guardian so my sos assist and nav search should be working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I had known that a Guardian subscription would be needed to have online search AFTER thye update, I sure as he!! would not have updated. Wonder if the update can be reversed?

Billy2j

Reaction score
If I had known that a Guardian subscription would be needed to have online search AFTER thye update, I sure as he!! would not have updated. Wonder if the update can be reversed?
My dealer said they cannot go back to previous versions...

Billy2j

Reaction score
Right currently you have to have active guardian for nav search but the current map update messes up your sos and assist connection which in return turns off nav search. Currently I have active guardian so my sos assist and nav search should be working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, Guardian says everything is active, dealer says everything is connected in the truck but the SOS and Assist along with Nav online search functions still do not work.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dropped ALL my sirius/xm . I run all my nav through the where to/other places and it all works just fine. Just takes a min longer.

Users who are viewing this thread