5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most inflated new car price due to shortages

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just /ignore him. People are dumb as he stated, making a point to him will be futile.

You think ALL dealers do shady crap?
Ill re-quote myself since you clearly can't read and GregHBNA feels the need to quote cutouts of peoples sentences
All dealers do this shady crap for the most part because people are dumb and they go to where the price is lower so if
Not my fault if you can't read, you must be part of the population that dealerships take advantage of with those low low prices listed based upon the way you act.

U

User_3336

Ill re-quote myself since you clearly can't read and GregHBNA feels the need to quote cutouts of peoples sentences

Not my fault if you can't read, you must be part of the population that dealerships take advantage of with those low low prices listed based upon the way you act.
Let me re-quote yourself....... You said "ALL dealers do this shady crap "for the most part".......ALL dealers don't... and you said "People are dumb"..... Your statement and use of words. ...and I can certainly read!
So are you saying Ram forum members are part of the population that can't read and we're all dumb? LOL

U

User_3336

I got $10,000 off MSRP on my RAM. I'm happy as a lark, and pretty smart to get that deal, and I certainly didn't get taken advantage of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got $10,000 off MSRP on my RAM. I'm happy as a lark, and pretty smart to get that deal, and I certainly didn't get taken advantage of.
Cool story. I am so happy for you. 10k off MSRP, you are a legend. Please tell everyone how bad dealers are.

U

User_3336

Cool story. I am so happy for you. 10k off MSRP, you are a legend. Please tell everyone how bad dealers are.
There are some good dealers out there. If you bought a vehicle from them in the past, sometimes, you have a wee big more haggle room, and if its end of month, you might score an even better deal. Of course, this was with a RAM dealer, which had adequate inventory, the some good discounts, and it was RAM truck month at the time, so extra manufacturer rebates. (Quite a different story with Chevy and Ford).
The pic I posted earlier was a true representation of price, and it was pretty identical to the deal I got. No gimmicks at this dealer, nor do they list any rebates you don't qualify for (you MAY qualify for more, example, military, certain insurance discounts, etc). I certainly didn't get taken advantage of, nor did I walk in there with DUMB plastered over my forehead. I had the upper hand in the entire process. I stated in advance I didn't want any "add-ons". Finance manager had me out in about 10 minutes, and didn't go thru any of his speeches. They even gave me a set of running boards for $300, which cost was about $560. Rebates were $4500 the month I purchased. The dealer discount was similar.
ram22price.jpg

U

User_3336

I drove by their lot yesterday, but I didn't count the trucks. 🤣 It sure looked like 50-60 to me.
Savez-vous si l'un des concessionnaires avait des marges sur leurs véhicules qui se trouvaient sur le terrain?
Depuis combien de temps habitez-vous à Coeur d'Alène ?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you know if any of the dealerships had markups on their vehicles that were in the lot?
How long have you lived in Coeur d'Alene?

I'm not sure.

I grew up in CDA, moved away for 20+ years, then moved back in 2007.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Savez-vous si l'un des concessionnaires avait des marges sur leurs véhicules qui se trouvaient sur le terrain?
Depuis combien de temps habitez-vous à Coeur d'Alène ?
You speakin' in tounges? Lord goin' strike you down son. We speak 'Mercin roun' here.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was out looking at different cars for her 1500 replacement today. Saw this on a Kia Sorento, of all things... You've got to be kidding me... On a new Sorento??
That’s insane. Not sure who would even consider that. My brother just got a new grand Cherokee and got 2500 off sticker. Not great but at least it’s something.

Users who are viewing this thread