5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most inflated new car price due to shortages

Burnzie

Reaction score
Just looked this morning @ local Dealer, $3500.00-$7200.00 over MSRP on new 3/4 ton Rams.

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The market has started its nosedive. Give it a few months and the difference will be noticeable. If you want to see something amusing, check out how bad Carmax is doing right now.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn’t know it by some of the TRX markups that are still out there…

View attachment 140266
That’s on par with the Raptor R. I don’t think I’ll be able to get ahold of one so much so that I’m considering a regular Raptor.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These dealer mark ups are insane... straight criminal!!
I was told $50k ADM on a raptor R this morning and price not guaranteed when it hit the lot. I let them know what they could do with it and hung up on them. It felt good, but I know they don’t give a crap about me- I’m just a peon to them.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, it makes me pretty sad that this is the new norm. For the first time in my life, I finally have enough money to do get something like a raptor R, and “global circumstances” suck it right out of my reach.
It's not global circumstances. No matter how many "microchips" there are, the Raptor R will be a limited-run, high-demand truck. There are way too many current Raptor owners that want to one-up their friends. So it would be marked up that much regardless. If it wasn't for the no-sale-within-a-year agreements that Ford is making people sign, I would expect to see Raptor R's on the resale market for $200k.
The TRX will still be a better truck, though. My humble opinion.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not global circumstances. No matter how many "microchips" there are, the Raptor R will be a limited-run, high-demand truck. There are way too many current Raptor owners that want to one-up their friends. So it would be marked up that much regardless. If it wasn't for the no-sale-within-a-year agreements that Ford is making people sign, I would expect to see Raptor R's on the resale market for $200k.
The TRX will still be a better truck, though. My humble opinion.
I restrained myself by calling it circumstances since this isn’t off topic section, which you can garner who I blame if you go through my off-topic posts. The question is, what makes the R so special over the TRX that it commands so much of ADM when I can get under msrp on a TRX? The only thing I can see here is greed, but maybe it’s because I’m annoyed right now.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I restrained myself by calling it circumstances since this isn’t off topic section, which you can garner who I blame if you go through my off-topic posts. The question is, what makes the R so special over the TRX that it commands so much of ADM when I can get under msrp on a TRX? The only thing I can see here is greed, but maybe it’s because I’m annoyed right now.
If you ask 10 people which is better (Raptor R vs. TRX), you'll get 10 different answers. The Raptor has slightly less HP than the TRX, but it's lighter overall. So theoretically it should beat a TRX in a drag race. But the R comes with 37's, so the jury is out on which will be faster. The Raptor fanboys say the R isn't a race truck, it's an offroad machine. And I'm pretty sure it will do better there. On the other hand, it's not nearly as well-appointed as a TRX (and it still looks like a Ford).
But all that aside, the reason you can't find a Raptor R below MSRP is because they're a super-limited allocation (only). No one can call a dealership and custom order a Raptor R - regardless of the wait time.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This thread shows up under "Off Topic Discussions" for me.

Users who are viewing this thread