5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moron contractor hit my truck with a skid loader (video)

flameredram

Reaction score
Thank god for security cameras. A landscape contractor working across the street managed to "ram " (pun intended) his skid loader into the skid plate of my brand new Rebel, see attached video. After that, him and his 4 other pals covered it up and never bothered to tell me or the neighbor who hired them. Some people have no integrity (and too stupid to boot to notice a camera above them). :mad:

Thankfully damage to the truck was minimal, just scratched skid plate and scuffed driveway. Going to the dealer tomorrow to see how much this a-hole is on the hook for.

Click on this link to see the full video

Attachments

• temp2.jpg
    temp2.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 213
  • temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 215

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry about that.

I know nothing about driving a skid loader. Was the guy horsing around, incompetent, or is doing a wheelie and then an endo a legitimate skid loader technique?

TSL

Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry about that.

I know nothing about driving a skid loader. Was the guy horsing around, incompetent, or is doing a wheelie and then an endo a legitimate skid loader technique?
I'm voting for the horsing around, incompetence angle on this one !

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd definitely be taking this video to the main office for the company. Aside from buying you a new skid plate, they will probably be paying for it with the money they save firing the idiot in the skid loader.

flameredram

Reaction score
Oh they were horsing around alright. In the next videos it took 3 of these a-holes plus a mini-backhoe to extract the loader from under my truck. I gotta give it to the strength of the bumper and the skidplate on these Rebels, it emerged practically unscathed. If this was my old Ram Sport with its plastic bumper, or god forbid my wife's Macan that's parked next to it, the damage would have been horribly expensive (if not a write-off in the case of the Macan)

On this topic, does anyone know how much the front plate on the Rebel is? I've looked underneath the truck, it seems replacable and detachable from the bumper, only held by some brackets and screws.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. That dude had no idea how to operate a skid-steer. It’s one thing to pop a wheelie, but what happened when he tried to upright himself?
I lol’d about the dude sweeping up the sand. He’s just minding his own business, looks up and goes “oh lookie there - Larry is popping a wheelie as he drives towards me”. Didn’t actually panic until the skid-steer goes nose-over.

flameredram

Reaction score
If you want to be a real *******, and it's a legit licensed contractor, could turn them in to OSHA.
I wouldn't bet on him being a licensed operator, just some bum they found on the street, judging by his behavior. For now I just need them to pay to fix the truck and fix my driveway

Jake103

Reaction score
That hurt to watch! I would be p***** Looks like a dumb kid lol most landscape companies hire anybody willing to work. He probably knew how to operate it or was new but decided to mess around. Foreman probably left for the day. The other guys clearly didn't know what he was doing. I'd say the guy needs more busy work too bored. It's one thing to mess around, say out in nowhere but when you are that close to personal property let alone vehicles forget it. Hopefully he gets fired a guy like that is a hazard to have around.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What an *******. That guy needs to be fired stat before he kills someone. Nothing would have happened if he hadn't been driving around like a dipshit with the bucket fully extended above the cage. No one who knows how to operate a skid steer does that because the machine is severely unstable with the bucket raised like that; the only reason that bucket is in the air is when it's dumping a load somewhere, and the machine isn't moving or barely moving. He's lucky it didn't toss him out of the cage when it faceplanted.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Wow just wow is all I can say. Sorry dude. I'd be so dam mad

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Happy it wasn't serious, and definitely show that video to his company. I don't like getting people into trouble, but this case, this operator could potential hurt someone with his clear lack of skills and mental awareness and lack of care.

Factor in that whole crew are pieces of crap for not having enough integrity to let you know what happened, screw them to the wall!!!

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considering our trucks are around $100k or more in Canada, take them to the bank!

flameredram

Reaction score
Just got a dealer quote, it will be about CAD$1300 (about $1000 US) to fix everything, their boss is supposed to come by to settle up. Of course they still have to fix my driveway, the a$$holes

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online