5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan - $25 over Dealer Cost!--NOW OFFERING PAYMENT PLANS ONLINE!!

MurphDogg

Reaction score
These Extended warranties bug me.
Could you clear some things up for me please?

These extended warranties are dated and in effect from the inservice date of the vehicle, regardless of ext. warranty purchase date, correct?
The ext warranty doesnt pay for anything if the factory warranty is in effect and will cover the issue, correct ?
Therefore if my factory warranty is 3 yrs, and i buy an 8 yr ext. warranty, im really only getting 5 yrs, correct ?
If i wait to purchase the 8yr ext. warranty until the 3yr factory one is almost up, i would still only get 5 yrs coverage, correct ?
If the last question is true, I might as well buy the ext. warranty when it is the cheapest, correct ?
Given that the factory powertrain is 5 yrs, the 8yr ext warranty on powertrain related issues, is in actuality only 3 yrs ?
Yes is the answer to all your questions.
For the second to last, now/asap is going to be the best time to buy if you're going to buy one. They go up in price every year in early January. I wish I would have just bought mine right after I bought the truck because it would have saved me a few hundred dollars if I would have bought it 3yrs ago vs last month.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
These Extended warranties bug me.
Could you clear some things up for me please?

These extended warranties are dated and in effect from the inservice date of the vehicle, regardless of ext. warranty purchase date, correct?
The ext warranty doesnt pay for anything if the factory warranty is in effect and will cover the issue, correct ?
Therefore if my factory warranty is 3 yrs, and i buy an 8 yr ext. warranty, im really only getting 5 yrs, correct ?
If i wait to purchase the 8yr ext. warranty until the 3yr factory one is almost up, i would still only get 5 yrs coverage, correct ?
If the last question is true, I might as well buy the ext. warranty when it is the cheapest, correct ?
Given that the factory powertrain is 5 yrs, the 8yr ext warranty on powertrain related issues, is in actuality only 3 yrs ?
Yes, good questions. I'll do my best to explain.

Most extended warranties are from the original in-service date and original in-service mileage as you stated. So you are getting an additional 5 and 3 in your scenario above. So in some sense, it can 'make sense' to wait until close to the end of the factory bumper to bumper expiration.

I advise against that if you know you are keeping the vehicle for a couple of reasons.

1. with Mopar there are price bumps at 12/12,000 and again at 24/24,000 of $100 and $200.

2. We also see annual price increases every January (last January was 5%.

So if that trend continues if you purchase at 35 months and 35,000 miles your price would be on average $400-500 more expensive than if you bought it closer to when you bought the vehicle.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Well, im tapped out just buying the truck this month :)
Thanks for the clarification. Looks like ill be looking for the best deal that pops up within the next 12 months

dajogejr

Reaction score
Here’s what I can say…
After having the Max Care (unlimited miles) on my 2015 limited, I got my money’s worth. 140K miles over 8 years prior to trading it in.
I’m looking for a Max Care for my new 23 Limited. It’s too bad unlimited miles aren’t available but I understand.

Granger had the best price on this hands down.
I emailed the team (before I had a chance to find the URL for the site) and they were quick to respond and very courteous.
For me, between the tech and air ride, the Max Care is worth it. especially considering how many times it was at the dealer for the air ride alone. Over 8 years and 140K, I easily, easily got my money back 3 times over.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder that we have until the end of this week to take advantage of current Mopar Extended Warranty prices before the price increase!

Happyswiss

Reaction score
I also wanted to share my great experience with signing up for the Max Care.
When I bought my 2022 Limited last February, the dealer almost forced me to sign up for any plan, which I declined, so he gave me and additional discount for the plan, breaking even with my offer. All good.
The 3rd party plan they offered, equivalent to the Max Care I got now, was 3 times the price of what I paid with Granger.
Ok, my decision was very easy since I don’t drive the truck more than twice a week. With my 8year/85k miles plan for less than a set of tires I now have the peace of mind that everything that Ram cut out of their responsibility, read through their Limited Warranty and you’ll be amazed what they can deny after one one year. Hint rear window.
The communication was extremely easy and detailed, the contract signup and payment was done in less than a minute.
Happy new year to me ;-)

dajogejr

Reaction score
@Zach@granger can you answer a question for me.. will added care + cover the air suspension, or would I have to go with max care???

Update… (Erased prior comment). Looking at added care plus brochure on granger’s site, it does state front and rear shocks specifically and factor Uconnect and radio.. Hmm…. GREAT question Indeed.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@Zach@granger can you answer a question for me.. will added care + cover the air suspension, or would I have to go with max care???
I believe it is, but I don't want to oversell something. please email our team at sales@buymoparwarranty, we'll verify with our Mopar Extended Warranty rep just to double check.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Based on Zack’s suggestion, I’ve emailed the team to see if Air suspension, including compressor, fittings, lines, etc. is covered. When I get the information, I’ll share it here.
My 23 Limited and my wife’s Grand Cherokee Overland both have A/S. Potential significant cost savings for us as well :)

ocwill1

Reaction score
Based on Zack’s suggestion, I’ve emailed the team to see if Air suspension, including compressor, fittings, lines, etc. is covered. When I get the information, I’ll share it here.
My 23 Limited and my wife’s Grand Cherokee Overland both have A/S. Potential significant cost savings for us as well :)

Thank you.. will keep an eye out..

dajogejr

Reaction score
Thank you.. will keep an eye out..
Sent the question into Jackie @ the Granger group for an answer on the 28th. With holiday hours/days.. I expect a delay in getting back. Looking Forward to the answer soon.
I think.. I’m gonna go Max care anyways. I don’t believe cameras and a few other components (i.e., expensive electronics) are not covered by Care Plus…. lots of tech to go wrong.
But if the care plus covers ALL of the air ride, there’s quite a bit of savings there to be sure, especially since I gotta cover two vehicles…

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sent the question into Jackie @ the Granger group for an answer on the 28th. With holiday hours/days.. I expect a delay in getting back. Looking Forward to the answer soon.
I think.. I’m gonna go Max care anyways. I don’t believe cameras and a few other components (i.e., expensive electronics) are not covered by Care Plus…. lots of tech to go wrong.
But if the care plus covers ALL of the air ride, there’s quite a bit of savings there to be sure, especially since I gotta cover two vehicles…
Not sure if Grainger does it, but a lot of places that sell the Mopar warranty. If you keep the truck until the warranty ends and don't use it you can get a 100% refund of the purchase price.
You could in theory not use it until the repair costs more then the warranty and come out on top either way.
If you sell the truck before the warranty ends though you need to eat it (might be able to prorate it though)

U

User_3336

Not sure if Grainger does it, but a lot of places that sell the Mopar warranty. If you keep the truck until the warranty ends and don't use it you can get a 100% refund of the purchase price.
You could in theory not use it until the repair costs more then the warranty and come out on top either way.
If you sell the truck before the warranty ends though you need to eat it (might be able to prorate it though)
Zeigler sells the money back guarantee. It cost a bit more than the regular plans.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Per Jackie at Granger, whom I specifically mentioned should ask the warranty rep...NO.
The air ride system not covered by plus.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Good News! We received word that the price increase has been delayed, so prices are still the time for the time being. I'll update you as I know more, but I was told February for an increase, but no exact date or amount quite yet.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased or referred people to us!

Users who are viewing this thread