5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Ram airflow kit

Max Limited

Reaction score
I sent TASCA Parts an e-mail asking if it is in stock. Have asked several others if in stock and so far all saying May. Last month they said April, so probably come May, they will say June. Frustrating but not much we can do but wait.

Rustin5

Reaction score
Emailed me today and stated they do not have the Ram airflow kit in stock and do not know when it will be available. Just wanted to confirm for everyone

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This I totally agree with, and definitely do NOT advertise you have parts available lol.

Username1

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealership a couple days ago and they told me it was suppose to be available May 15th and the new price is 540 which they suspect to go down even more. Don’t know the weight of truth to any of that but that’s what he told me as he looked it up

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was looking at the pictures of the Airflow and noticed that the snorkel at the very front has been redesigned between its initial announcement and the latest pictures from SEMA. Notice how the push pins originally went through the snorkel but in the SEMA pictures they go through the radiator shroud. Looks like a modified shroud should be included in the kit.

Was wondering what’s inside the air box. It looks pretty large and has a lid that looks roughly double the size of the factory one. Based on the size and shape of the lid (two bulges) it leads me to speculate that there might be 2 of the normal panel filters in there?

Also the SEMA unit is on an eTorque engine.

Attachments

• 81DB0C4F-665B-4CC9-9523-ED5F8715EC9E.jpeg
    81DB0C4F-665B-4CC9-9523-ED5F8715EC9E.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 11262C6C-690E-4250-B533-FD58DF875091.jpeg
    11262C6C-690E-4250-B533-FD58DF875091.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 4C1ED801-FC46-4EF8-B7F1-57F2F34E84BE.jpeg
    4C1ED801-FC46-4EF8-B7F1-57F2F34E84BE.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was looking at the pictures of the Airflow and noticed that the snorkel at the very from has been redesigned between its initial announcement and the latest pictures from SEMA. Notice how the push pins originally went through the snorkel but in the SEMA pictures they go through the radiator shroud. Looks like a modified shroud should be included in the kit.

Was wondering what’s inside the air box. It looks pretty large and has a lid that looks roughly double the size of the factory one. Based on the size and shape of the lid (two bulges) it leads me to speculate that there might be 2 of the normal panel filters in there?
That would be unique. I’m interested in the sound. As for looks, this has everything else beat hands-down. And I have a birthday coming up this summer...

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
I came close to pulling the trigger on this but then read this about the power gains. https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ram/2019-ram-1500-by-mopar-ar179848.html
The Mopar package doesn’t alter the engine. In this case, the 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 remains standard and generates the same 395 horsepower and 410 pound-feet of torque. Well at least they are being truthful about this but I always thought more airflow in more power out to some degree.

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came close to pulling the trigger on this but then read this about the power gains. https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ram/2019-ram-1500-by-mopar-ar179848.html
The Mopar package doesn’t alter the engine. In this case, the 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 remains standard and generates the same 395 horsepower and 410 pound-feet of torque. Well at least they are being truthful about this but I always thought more airflow in more power out to some degree.

...and thats why i didnt put one on my

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reading the article; I don't think they ran a dyno on the truck with the RAM Airflow and exhaust. It appears they are just stating that the engine itself is the standard 5.7 395/410 Hemi.

SColang22

Reaction score
Was looking at the pictures of the Airflow and noticed that the snorkel at the very front has been redesigned between its initial announcement and the latest pictures from SEMA. Notice how the push pins originally went through the snorkel but in the SEMA pictures they go through the radiator shroud. Looks like a modified shroud should be included in the kit.

Also the SEMA unit is on an eTorque engine.
My money is on the same kind of filter as the vararam

kenthelawnguy

Reaction score
Reading the article; I don't think they ran a dyno on the truck with the RAM Airflow and exhaust. It appears they are just stating that the engine itself is the standard 5.7 395/410 Hemi.
I hope you are right but you could read into this both ways. I would love to have one, but I am going to wait till I see some proof otherwise. I can't see charging that much for no gains, it makes no sense. Time will tell..

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There has to be some type of gain in HP. Even if its small. No way they sell this without any gain. Just doesn’t make sense. I think people are reading it and understanding it wrong.

gcscott

Reaction score
My question is with the new Ram Air-flow kit, I wonder what they are doing with the (AGS) active grille shutters? Also do you get a new fan guard or do you have to cut or trim the one you have? I purchased a Vararam from Moe's Performance and I removed the active grille shutters and kept the 4 louver from the top (actuator louver), and bottom louver so I didn't have to deal with getting a error code. I didn't want to get the actuator delete kit and modify my actuator. I didn't have to trim my fan guard to accommodate the Vararam.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread