5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Ram airflow kit

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ with out a carbon filter that system. No I cannot be compliant. I don’t even think your allowed to mod your stock intake, let alone replace it in Cali.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We don’t really know what’s inside the air box. For all we know there’s a carbon filter in there.

I thought aftermarket parts were allowed in Cali as long as they were CARB certified. Saw some posts on another forum for older Mopar intakes that indicated they were CARB certified. Maybe someone in California knows what the current laws are there.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^I don’t disagree with you. Previous Gens didn’t have a carbon filter in them from factory. I also do not know if mopar does or not. As I said, if not then I don’t see it being complaint

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. I was speculating on what could be causing the hold on releasing this kit. Might also explain some of the reason for the high price. Just guessing.

Lize

Reaction score
Out of interest what happens if you have a modification that is compliant in your state and then travel to a state where it's not? An easier example to spot than CAI would be tint levels on windows.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of interest what happens if you have a modification that is compliant in your state and then travel to a state where it's not? An easier example to spot than CAI would be tint levels on windows.
Life in prison. Maybe time in the whole.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I moved from DE to CA, I had to have my truck inspected. Whatever didn't meet CA requirements, I had to bring the truck into compliance in order to be able to get it registered.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your traveling and not a permanent resident. If the vehicle complying with that registration state. Nothing that can be done. You are exempt

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious to see it come out and see if the performance is worth it in any way. More importantly, I'm curious to see if by chance they program something into the computer for it to enable the truck to more properly take advantage of the extra airflow.

louz

Reaction score
Did any of the products that they displayed at the auto show ever come out?

Briencrotty

Reaction score
Seemingly not yet. I've been looking for the Ram Rack because it looks like a great way to carry some kayaks, but no hint of that existing at all. Very annoying!

B

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to say, think the manufacturer was caught off guard with the sales and mod reaction to the 5th gen. Even simple add on stuff is now just available on a reg basis w/o wait

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You mean the original unveiling where 200+ accessories were announced? Well the Mopar Cat Back system came out recently, the Bed Step has been out for quite a while, all the Mopar Tonneau Covers are out. Just to name a few. But it’s been more than a year. They need to make the rest of these accessories available.

jwiley386

Reaction score
Better question... Based on the new Ram design "Low Down" which features a brand new hood (designed specifically for the Ram Air Intake) Will those of us with Sport hoods or Regular hoods even be able to utilize the new intake or with that being said, utilize it properly, without purchasing the 3rd edition of the Low Down hood?

Can anyone weigh in on this?

Last edited:

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spoke to my dealership a couple days ago and they told me it was suppose to be available May 15th and the new price is 540 which they suspect to go down even more. Don’t know the weight of truth to any of that but that’s what he told me as he looked it up
What does your dealership say now that it’s June?

Users who are viewing this thread