5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Ram airflow kit

smiles5619

Reaction score
I was at my dealership today and enquired about the Ram airflow air intake system. It is available (in Canada anyway) and can be ordered for a whopping $1565.00!! And the 2" lift kit is $2280.00. I did order the off road running boards, they were $1149.00.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was at my dealership today and enquired about the Ram airflow air intake system. It is available (in Canada anyway) and can be ordered for a whopping $1565.00!! And the 2" lift kit is $2280.00. I did order the off road running boards, they were $1149.00.
Lol I can almost buy a supercharger for that! Ok not really but a third the way there. Someone smoking crack charging that much.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Umm yeah... that’s pretty pricey and the bang for buck value goes down way low to play with that. That’s at high level headers and y pipe prices that will gain way more with a stock or tuned truck...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wouldn’t get my hopes up that anyone will see this before the summer time.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. I can honestly say NOT me unless the stars align and show a true HP / Torque gain lol.

Rambro23

Reaction score
The release date on this part is more than past due... I hope nobody buys it at the advertised price because that's plain and simple robbery–especially when they copied Vararam.

Rebel03

Reaction score
I might just have to get a Vararam instead. I've been holding out, but the longer I wait, the less I can justify the cost of the Mopar Ram Air...

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I might just have to get a Vararam instead. I've been holding out, but the longer I wait, the less I can justify the cost of the Mopar Ram Air...

I was planning on getting one of these but around the beginning of January my dealership told me the release date was indefinite. they told me it was scheduled for mid February at the time but to not be holding my breath. So I went ahead and bought the vararam and I have been enjoying it every since

Rebel03

Reaction score
I was planning on getting one of these but around the beginning of January my dealership told me the release date was indefinite. they told me it was scheduled for mid February at the time but to not be holding my breath. So I went ahead and bought the vararam and I have been enjoying it every since
Other than the pleasure of knowing it's under the hood and looks real nice, any noticable differences? Sound, performance, mpg? Any issues with dirty/ wet filter?

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Other than the pleasure of knowing it's under the hood and looks real nice, any noticable differences? Sound, performance, mpg? Any issues with dirty/ wet filter?

Big difference in sound, enough that i almost didnt do exhaust. And a nice noticeable improvement in throttle response...but i couldnt tell you on mpg, i have a heavy foot and dont pay attention.

No issues with the filter. I had one on my 2014 Ram and it had over 120k miles on it.

Rebel03

Reaction score
Big difference in sound, enough that i almost didnt do exhaust. And a nice noticeable improvement in throttle response...but i couldnt tell you on mpg, i have a heavy foot and dont pay attention.

No issues with the filter. I had one on my 2014 Ram and it had over 120k miles on it.
Sold! I don't mind the tone on factory rebel exhaust but have been wanting more. I have always liked the extra CAI sound from under the hood on previous trucks, cars and jeeps. I'll be ordering Vararam this weekend. Thanks for the quick feedback!

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Sold! I don't mind the tone on factory rebel exhaust but have been wanting more. I have always liked the extra CAI sound from under the hood on previous trucks, cars and jeeps. I'll be ordering Vararam this weekend. Thanks for the quick feedback!

I believe you will be very happy with it. Check with Matt at Moes Performance. He has great pricing and fast shipping. Tell him Will sent you.

smiles5619

Reaction score
At my dealership in Canada, I could order it now but as I said in my earlier post, they want over 1,500.00 for it....I'll find another cold air intake thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread