5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar LED Bed Lights Install?

Okie22

Reaction score
New member so please excuse my ignorance.

Just bought a 22 BH with no bed lights but wanting to install them. Here is what I gather I need to do after reading through this thread:

Order the two lights and jumper/wiring harnesses listed and install.

Program the truck to recognize the lights (ordered this, this morning, OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/6jL6z48)

Download/install AlfaOBD and reprogram.

My question is, what is this?
security bypass harness

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
New member so please excuse my ignorance.

Just bought a 22 BH with no bed lights but wanting to install them. Here is what I gather I need to do after reading through this thread:

Order the two lights and jumper/wiring harnesses listed and install.

Program the truck to recognize the lights (ordered this, this morning, OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/6jL6z48)

Download/install AlfaOBD and reprogram.

My question is, what is this?
security bypass harness
The SGW Bypass. Search that on Amazon. You need it to write changes to the BCM. Otherwise, it's read only.

Okie22

Reaction score
The SGW Bypass. Search that on Amazon. You need it to write changes to the BCM. Otherwise, it's read only.
What about the bluetooth/wireless capability? Still need the harness for that?

Okie22

Reaction score
Ok...stupid question #3...is there a good video/website tutorial on how to set up and run everything (OBD...AlfaOBD...etc). Last thing I need is to screw something up. My wife would make me a drive a Yugo if that happened.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Ok...stupid question #3...is there a good video/website tutorial on how to set up and run everything (OBD...AlfaOBD...etc). Last thing I need is to screw something up. My wife would make me a drive a Yugo if that happened.
Well, I'm writing a how to for AlfaODB. Should be ready by time you get your parts.

DjS.

Reaction score
My uneducated, don't spend your money because I said yes, guess is, yes. I have a 2020 Big Horn and its probably reasonable to think they are the same part numbers.
I also have a 2020 big horn. What’s was the part numbers you went with if you don’t mind me asking?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I also have a 2020 big horn. What’s was the part numbers you went with if you don’t mind me asking?
You need the full kit. The wiring isn't there for 2019/2020.

palmer64

Reaction score
Have a 2022 Laramie GT , so just replace existing wiring harnesses with the ones mentioned and change settings thru alpha obd2 and should be good too go correct? Just wanna make sure before I order parts

vincentw56

Reaction score
Have a 2022 Laramie GT , so just replace existing wiring harnesses with the ones mentioned and change settings thru alpha obd2 and should be good too go correct? Just wanna make sure before I order parts
Yes

palmer64

Reaction score
Are the actual OEM left/right lights something you can also order instead of getting the kit?
Assuming the new wiring harnesses would just connect too these if you can purchase these separately

vincentw56

Reaction score
Are the actual OEM left/right lights something you can also order instead of getting the kit?
Assuming the new wiring harnesses would just connect too these if you can purchase these separately
Yes, read above

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I just want to thank swing4terps and Duane for your help. Installed my led bed lights with the harness terps suggested and they work flawless, just like from factory. No running wires up to cab, just plug and program. Thanks!!

I agree! Thanks fellas! I ordered the parts from BAM, installation was a breeze thanks to your help and a quick AlfaOBD reprogram and I am up and running. Just like it came from the factory this way.
Hi Waco,

Can you confirm these were the parts you used (from earlier in the thread)? I also have a 22 Bighorn, and I am struggling to match/confirm the last part (68488862AA). Various parts websites say this last part is not compatible, but I can't find one that is.

Lift-Gate Lamp, Right 68312566AB
Lift-Gate Lamp, Left 68312567AB
Jumper Wiring, Left Product ID: 68488851AB
Jumper Wiring, Right Product ID: 68488862AA

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Hi Waco,

Can you confirm these were the parts you used (from earlier in the thread)? I also have a 22 Bighorn, and I am struggling to match/confirm the last part (68488862AA). Various parts websites say this last part is not compatible, but I can't find one that is.

Lift-Gate Lamp, Right 68312566AB
Lift-Gate Lamp, Left 68312567AB
Jumper Wiring, Left Product ID: 68488851AB
Jumper Wiring, Right Product ID: 68488862AA
Hi,

Yep, those are the parts. The websites told me the same thing but everything installed and lined easily and perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread