5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar LED Bed Lights Install?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi Jay, you were mentioning using AlfaOBD to turn on the feature for factory Bed Lights. "Additionally, you need to set CBC I/O A5 enabled to yes and CBC I/O G16 enabled to yes in the BCM configuration and the cargo bed lights will be as OEM intended in regards to wiring and function." Is the CBC I/O A5 is that the 2014 CBC Config I/O -Bed Lighting Present - Pin A5 section. This is the only one I can find listed for the pin A5. Thanks
Yes.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Kemcar

Reaction score
So what's the cheapest option to "program" the lights to get them to work?? Just bought the Mopar kit, and they quoted me $175 to program the lights after install. I will be installing myself. Is there a OBD reader I can rent from a parts store that will allow me to program it? Other options? Thanks!

vincentw56

Reaction score
So what's the cheapest option to "program" the lights to get them to work?? Just bought the Mopar kit, and they quoted me $175 to program the lights after install. I will be installing myself. Is there a OBD reader I can rent from a parts store that will allow me to program it? Other options? Thanks!
You can get Jscan or AlfaODB. You will need a security bypass and ODB II interface. Or ask to see if anyone close has it and is willing to do it.

stancedeuros

Reaction score
You can get Jscan or AlfaODB. You will need a security bypass and ODB II interface. Or ask to see if anyone close has it and is willing to do it.

I've run Jscan on a couple of vehicles including my 20 Rebel. Do you happen to know which modules/adaptations need to be turned on or where they reside in the possible options?

In Cargo/Bed, I've got Bed Light Switch(Sales Code LPL), Bed Lighting Present(Sales Code LPL) along side Cargo Light Output. I'm thinking both LPL codes activated and it should be good?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I've run Jscan on a couple of vehicles including my 20 Rebel. Do you happen to know which modules/adaptations need to be turned on or where they reside in the possible options?
No, I only know what they are in AlfaODB. In AlfaODB, if you search for "bed", there are two settings that pop up.

Kemcar

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a OBD II interface that works with Jscan and is cheap?

Kemcar

Reaction score

In Cargo/Bed, I've got Bed Light Switch(Sales Code LPL), Bed Lighting Present(Sales Code LPL) along side Cargo Light Output. I'm thinking both LPL codes activated and it should be good?
Yes if someone has the step by step on Jscan that would be great!!

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I just want to thank swing4terps and Duane for your help. Installed my led bed lights with the harness terps suggested and they work flawless, just like from factory. No running wires up to cab, just plug and program. Thanks!!
I just want to thank swing4terps and Duane for your help. Installed my led bed lights with the harness terps suggested and they work flawless, just like from factory. No running wires up to cab, just plug and program. Thanks!!
I agree! Thanks fellas! I ordered the parts from BAM, installation was a breeze thanks to your help and a quick AlfaOBD reprogram and I am up and running. Just like it came from the factory this way.

stancedeuros

Reaction score
QTY​
Item #Item Description
1​
68312566ABLift-Gate Lamp, Right
1​
68312567ABLift-Gate Lamp, Left
1​
68488851ABJumper Wiring, Left
1​
68488862AAJumper Wiring, Right
This is what I ordered from Bam wholesale. It took a little over a week to get.

Has anyone confirmed that the jumper wirings work for the 2020s?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed that the jumper wirings work for the 2020s?
There isn't any for the 2019/2020s. Changes to the wiring harness where made after those years. I have a 2020 and had to install the full kit.

palmer64

Reaction score
New here but just bought a 2022 Laramie GT without bed lights and just wondering if the plug and play at the rear of truck would work for me ?

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
New here but just bought a 2022 Laramie GT without bed lights and just wondering if the plug and play at the rear of truck would work for me ?
Hi Palmer,

It should work for you. It worked for my ‘22 Bighorn. It was super easy and a clean install without having to run something new all the way upfront. A quick set up with AlfaOBDand you are all set.

Welcome to the forum!

palmer64

Reaction score
Hi Palmer,

It should work for you. It worked for my ‘22 Bighorn. It was super easy and a clean install without having to run something new all the way upfront. A quick set up with AlfaOBDand you are all set.

Welcome to the forum!
Ok thanks for the help appreciate it. So those 4 wiring harnesses just replace what’s there then? And would any OBD tool work ; I’ve got a cousin who runs a garage and has scanner

vincentw56

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the help appreciate it. So those 4 wiring harnesses just replace what’s there then? And would any OBD tool work ; I’ve got a cousin who runs a garage and has scanner
You need to make changes in the BCM to activate it. A scanner alone won't work. You need a SWG bypass and something to make those changes like AlfaODB. If he has the ability to do it with his equipment, then you are good to go.

maverick69

Reaction score
I recently added the OEM bed lights to my ‘19 and activated them using AlfaOBD. The two wires you de-pin are just the stock wiring that would run to the bed lights if they were installed at the factory. I assume they dead end somewhere on models that are spec’d without the bed lights. During my install, the pin for the replacement wire for the C1 connector broke as I pushed it through the rubber plug on the firewall. I tapped into the stock wire on the C1 connector instead of de-pinning and it works just fine.
Do you need the security bypass harness to enable these with alfaOBD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online