5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Console Safe

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with a previous version, or any thoughts on this? It's listed on the Mopar parts site and you can download the instructions. Looks like once installed you no longer have the ability to slide the center console back at all since it's now taking up the rear, deeper portion of the console storage.

Was looking for a lockable storage more accessible than the lower glove box for certain L-shaped metal items. Looks like Ram makes this or the locks you can add for the rear under-carpet storage bins but the back seat is a bit far when you might need one handy.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Edwards said:
Anyone have experience with a previous version, or any thoughts on this? It's listed on the Mopar parts site and you can download the instructions. Looks like once installed you no longer have the ability to slide the center console back at all since it's now taking up the rear, deeper portion of the console storage.

Was looking for a lockable storage more accessible than the lower glove box for certain L-shaped metal items. Looks like Ram makes this or the locks you can add for the rear under-carpet storage bins but the back seat is a bit far when you might need one handy.
LOL "L Shaped Items" you mean a pistol? then say that

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, the L shaped items had me
icon_lol.gif

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/707-mopar-console-safe/&postID=4877#post4877" data-author="Edwards">Didn't want to offend the Canadians...
1f609.png

</woltlab-quote>We wish we could carry L shaped items but we need to have a trigger lock on them and locked in a case and only used on the range.
2639.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with @2019REBEL I wish we could carry. It takes a hell of a lot to offend me, it's not offending Google Adsense which is why there are some word filters. Without ads there would be no site.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
We wish we could carry L shaped items but we need to have a trigger lock on them and locked in a case and only used on the range.
2639.png
This is outrageous!!! You must live in a perfect world

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
alacombe said:
This is outrageous!!! You must live in a perfect world
Not quite perfect but we don't get a lot of shooting here not like the what just happened in Texas.
2639.png

CaliTex

Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
We wish we could carry L shaped items but we need to have a trigger lock on them and locked in a case and only used on the range.
2639.png
icon_lol.gif

WRH

Reaction score
I need this too. Have tried to find a pic if this safe installed to see how it looks, etc. If anyone has one, please post!!

Last edited:

borant

Reaction score
Do not buy this safe. When installed it is about an inch higher than maximum level for slider moving back. After installation slider stays locked to most forward position. I removed it immediately and now I have to figure out how can I restore cut plastic pieces holding folding gate up at the bottom.

WRH

Reaction score
Do not buy this safe. When installed it is about an inch higher than maximum level for slider moving back. After installation slider stays locked to most forward position. I removed it immediately and now I have to figure out how can I restore cut plastic pieces holding folding gate up at the bottom.

Wow, great feedback. Thanks. I'm with you and I'll pass. I'll wait until a 3rd part safe is available.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Get some epoxy puddy, I use it to repair tons of stuff, it comes in a tube JB weld is my go to. The steel stick is dark grey it can be painted no problem.

borant

Reaction score
Wow, great feedback. Thanks. I'm with you and I'll pass. I'll wait until a 3rd part safe is available.

Or until someone will make smaller replacement for original slider. FCA advertised it a lot but to me it appears annoying and useless. 3rd party cup holder only replacement will have success :)

Users who are viewing this thread