5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Console Safe

flffpm

Reaction score
I got the OEM. Installed w/o incident for a throw down L shaped item. A recent post on "what did you do today" shows the Lock'rDown....

Attachments

• IMG_5554.JPG
    IMG_5554.JPG
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 117

JBeckman

Reaction score
I'm here to follow this thread as well. Has anyone found one that has a key pad or biometric lock? I dont mind the key, but in the event SHTF, quick entry is preferred.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm here to follow this thread as well. Has anyone found one that has a key pad or biometric lock? I dont mind the key, but in the event SHTF, quick entry is preferred.

Google "Locker Down". They have four models with choices of locks.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I got the OEM. Installed w/o incident for a throw down L shaped item. A recent post on "what did you do today" shows the Lock'rDown....
Does the OEM model of this safe allow the sliding console to operate fully back?

Joker4L

Reaction score

Can you take a picture with the lid open. I just tried installing mine and no way in hell was it going to fit below the fill line. I am extremely pissed at spending this much money on pure junk!

cjmst23

Reaction score
Can you take a picture with the lid open. I just tried installing mine and no way in hell was it going to fit below the fill line. I am extremely pissed at spending this much money on pure junk!
It's because you have a limited. I had the same problem with the locker down safe. Limited and Longhorn consoles are shallower than others

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can understand @Joker4L 's frustration as this being a MOPAR product as they would know which trim it would fit and the tray still function... I can give Lock'er Down a pass on not knowing there would be a difference in trim levels.

South Texas Aggie

Reaction score
Until lockerdown gets their new model out, I bought a $10 SnapSafe from Academy. The tray will slide over it and you can put it underneath the mat in the console so the bad guys may not notice it’s there. At least the grandkids/kids can’t get to my gun. I mean “L” shaped object.

Joker4L

Reaction score
8139EB9F-3A6B-4A10-84E6-2EB305432997.jpeg 0A2CCAC7-D62E-4FD9-9665-AE3928F73662.jpeg EFAB987D-AE31-4024-96FF-687D297A8E18.jpeg 1E9D6442-ABE0-4983-8DDC-5B4AA5434F48.jpeg The console safe is way further up the max fill line. I say a little over an inch. Mopar advertises this to be compatible with the limited which it clearly isn’t. I just opened a case with the Mopar accessories team and I am supposed to hear back tomorrow about how they will proceed with this bull crap.

It’s a very easy fix on their end by making the mounting plates a inch shorter on each side. Also the instructors are horrendous. Even the representative was like shocked and said they are more like blueprints than instructions. Grrr I was so looking forward to this so I can store my L shapes object :p when I am at work ( can’t Carry in a federal building )

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The console safe is way further up the max fill line. I say a little over an inch. Mopar advertises this to be compatible with the limited which it clearly isn’t. I just opened a case with the Mopar accessories team and I am supposed to hear back tomorrow about how they will proceed with this bull crap.

Yeah.. saying it fits a trim level when it clearly does not certainly does not put them in a good light.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I can understand @Joker4L 's frustration as this being a MOPAR product as they would know which trim it would fit and the tray still function... I can give Lock'er Down a pass on not knowing there would be a difference in trim levels.
Agree 100%

cubsflfan

Reaction score
It's because you have a limited. I had the same problem with the locker down safe. Limited and Longhorn consoles are shallower than others
Why is the Limited more shallow. You'd thing the console would be the same. I happen to have a Laramie so I'm hoping the Locker down works.

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Installed the low profile Locker down today on my Laramie. Received it a day early. I did take out the large rubber mat from the console and cut it right by the openings for the divider. Then placed the large piece back in the front and was also able to put the smaller piece inside the safe area. I’m very pleased with the safe fitment and I splurged on the electronic lock. So far works great. The tray on the Laramie still slides back all the way. What a relief. I hate leaving certain things in the truck not in a safe. Pics are from passenger seat so the numbers on the lock do face the driver in case you were wondering.

Attachments

• 8C9D7756-1CA1-4FB4-B6A2-9B914090723F.jpeg
    8C9D7756-1CA1-4FB4-B6A2-9B914090723F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • 3EAAF939-3B70-478E-AF40-A5A0A7C7EDBE.jpeg
    3EAAF939-3B70-478E-AF40-A5A0A7C7EDBE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65

ecb12

Reaction score
Installed the Mopar safe today, fits great in my Bighorn. One note for installation, you do have to break off two extra tabs in the console as compared to the lock'r down models since the Mopar safe is a bit bigger.

I also tried to swap over a Tuffy 3 dial cam lock from another Tuffy safe I had before, while it fits the safe, it's too tall to use the sliding feature again, so i swapped back to the stock key lock. I'm still looking for a low profile key less cam lock.

(not my photo, but is my terrible drawing of the extra tab holes)

InkedIMG_5554_LI.jpg

Nick54

Reaction score
Installed the Mopar safe today, fits great in my Bighorn. One note for installation, you do have to break off two extra tabs in the console as compared to the lock'r down models since the Mopar safe is a bit bigger.

I also tried to swap over a Tuffy 3 dial cam lock from another Tuffy safe I had before, while it fits the safe, it's too tall to use the sliding feature again, so i swapped back to the stock key lock. I'm still looking for a low profile key less cam lock.

(not my photo, but is my terrible drawing of the extra tab holes)

View attachment 17188
Is the 1/2 circle for stuffing things in the safe without opening the lid???

Users who are viewing this thread