5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Bug/Air Deflector Rebel install

Ram19Va

Reaction score
While I was at the dealership they had the Mopar bug deflector in stock so I purchased it and added it t the service ticket for installation.
It was worth having the dealership install it b/c they had issues with it at first, and I had read about others having issues as well, mainly with the metal clips.
In the end it turned out well and I'm guessing install was 20-30 minutes.

So far I have noticed less bugs on the windshield, and there is no wind noise at all whatsoever from it(Tested up to 80mph).
Very rugged/strong design, and an exact match material wise as what's on the Rebel grill.
Last pic I tried to show the black metal screws holding it on, but didn't quite come out.
IMG_20190621_121734839.jpg IMG_20190626_181639238_HDR.jpg IMG_20190626_181653169_HDR.jpg IMG_20190621_121725707.jpg

deanfx

Reaction score
Any mirror vibration at highway speeds?

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Hello, which Mopar's partnumber?
82215476 I believe, but not 100% sure. I just told the parts worker my vehicle info and they got me the matte black Mopar version.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
The same bug deflector came on my 2019 Rebel from the dealer. I've had no issues whatsoever.

Zeeya

Reaction score
While I was at the dealership they had the Mopar bug deflector in stock so I purchased it and added it t the service ticket for installation.
It was worth having the dealership install it b/c they had issues with it at first, and I had read about others having issues as well, mainly with the metal clips.
In the end it turned out well and I'm guessing install was 20-30 minutes.

So far I have noticed less bugs on the windshield, and there is no wind noise at all whatsoever from it(Tested up to 80mph).
Very rugged/strong design, and an exact match material wise as what's on the Rebel grill.
Last pic I tried to show the black metal screws holding it on, but didn't quite come out.
View attachment 29527 View attachment 29528 View attachment 29529 View attachment 29530
Thanks for pictures and information. Just picked up my Rebel (black) a few weeks ago and travel to W Texas on a rotational schedule. I really have to make this a priority with traveling down the Lease roads and fighting rock chips. I really like the idea that it is flat black to match the grill and not the shiny material.

Users who are viewing this thread