5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

siareone

Reaction score
Yes they do and it was one of the ones that I had owned and pulled off already. The part number is in my signature.

Thank you! That will save me some time! Why did you take it off? Was it really loud? Not looking for something obnoxiously loud.

Ramron

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with the cost, just access lol.
I got a call from my dealer today as well. Having it stalled on Wed. Use the Mopar coupon code that I posted in this post. My dealer gave me the 15% off. I paid $786.25 for mine. Let me know if you can’t find it and I can resend it to you.

Ramron

Reaction score
Thank you! That will save me some time! Why did you take it off? Was it really loud? Not looking for something obnoxiously loud.
I also have the Mopar cat back and think is sounds great. Sounds like a race car when revved, but very little drone when highway driving.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a call from my dealer today as well. Having it stalled on Wed. Use the Mopar coupon code that I posted in this post. My dealer gave me the 15% off. I paid $786.25 for mine. Let me know if you can’t find it and I can resend it to you.
Thank you and if you would I truly appreciate that.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up. Will install a little later or tomorrow and post more pics. I can confirm that they are shipping. I barely ordered mine last week. Even my parts guy was surprised since they say backordered. If you are looking at getting one, I would say just order it and you might be surprised.
Does the lid completely seal the unit from engine bay air? From your photos I can see a seal between the main filter base and the lid. But at the back of the base, on the drivers side, it looks like the seal ends and that there’s an opening? Maybe just the way the picture is taken.

siareone

Reaction score
Does the lid completely seal the unit from engine bay air? From your photos I can see a seal between the main filter base and the lid. But at the back of the base, on the drivers side, it looks like the seal ends and that there’s an opening? Maybe just the way the picture is taken.

It looks like that in the photos because the seal was off on that side when I opened the box. I had to put the seal back on. But yes, it does seal all the way around.

J4U

Reaction score
Can't really tell from the pics. What, if anything has to come off to change (fill),check the oil.

JeffJr

Reaction score
Install done! Took about 45mins to an hour. I took it on a quick test drive and I can say I feel the difference immediately! Also sounds great! My next step is exhaust. Once that's done I'm sure I will be ever more pleassed!
Hey can I ask where you ordered that at or how you were able to aquire it?

siareone

Reaction score
Can't really tell from the pics. What, if anything has to come off to change (fill),check the oil.

You can maneuver a bottle of oil in the space. But honestly dont know till the time comes.

Huck

Reaction score
Just priced it out in Canada and they quoted me just under 1500 bucks. To bad.

AnthonyW

Reaction score
Good Morning!

My first post but I had been following this thread since I recently purchased a 1500 Rebel. I had the dealership put mine on for me, the service manager took a before and after pic.

Attachments

• Resized_20191008_114615.jpeg
    Resized_20191008_114615.jpeg
    557.2 KB · Views: 558
  • Resized_20191008_122320.jpeg
    Resized_20191008_122320.jpeg
    529.6 KB · Views: 560

ohiobh1500

Reaction score
Can we see what the inlet looks like? Just want to see where it's pulling the air straight from.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

J4U

Reaction score
Those pics are showing me that something has to be removed to fill the oil during a change.

Am I seeing it correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread