5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto R&D: RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Catch Can Kit

Texas Woody

Reaction score
Hello,

We are currently expecting more to be available for shipping around mid-July.
Our team is doing everything they can to expedite this as it has been much more popular than initial projections!

For additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] or give our team a quick call at 302-762-4501 Mon-Fri 9A-5P EST.

Thanks,
Justin T.
Mishimoto Automotive
Thanks Justin. We'll see if I can hold out that long - my truck should be built and delivered in early June...

Tommym

Reaction score
Mine arrived a couple of days ago.
I started off by adding the drain line to the catch can. Supplied hose clamps are long so I trimmed mine a bit. Install went nice and easy, Not sure if I will keep the Petcock Drain line. Gimme some time and some miles and I'll see.

IMG_2313.jpg IMG_2314.jpg IMG_2318.jpg IMG_2316.jpg IMG_2332.jpg

HockeyDuck

Reaction score
Just ordered. Thanks all for the write ups, and comical reading. Glad I missed the early fiasco, but looking forward to getting this installed. I’ll be sure to pick up a fresh 6 pack so I can make sure it takes me the allotted 1.5 hr expectation I set with the mrs.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stupid question: other than anecdotes, is there any evidence that catch cans have any impact on efficiency, longevity, etc? I like the idea, but for that $, I would like to know it does more than just make me feel nice and warm inside...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine arrived a couple of days ago.
I started off by adding the drain line to the catch can. Supplied hose clamps are long so I trimmed mine a bit. Install went nice and easy, Not sure if I will keep the Petcock Drain line.

You don't need a drain line. It is easy enough to reach without it. If you check back in earlier threads, I bought a T304 Stainless Steel Ballcock valve off Amazon for about $10 and it is FAR better than the plastic valve Mishi sells and you don't need any hoses to drain it.

RAM_CATCH2.jpg

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Mishi Catch Can will work if I have the S&B CAI? I purchased a nce one off of Moe's but the fitment was not good.

Users who are viewing this thread