5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory seats

billfraley

Reaction score
I can confirm that the memory buttons will function with just parts replacement and AlfaOBD settings for the memory components you have installed. In my case (Bighorn Level 2) I did the following:

1. Replaced the door harness with a Limited harness (this was to have ambient lighting and memory buttons, any harness with memory would work)
  2. Swapped out the seats with memory power seats from a TRX
  3. Enable the AlfaOBD settings for seats with memory. I also enabled the mirror Memory settings but have not yet install mirrors with memory (they are incoming)
  4. Run the twisted pair from the Can IHS bus to the pins 17/18 on the seat connector. I used 4ft of Cat5E cabling and just used a single pair.

For the Can IHS connections I used the following parts ordered from DigiKey:
17-5-963715-1CT-ND (female pins used at both ends of the wire)
A128871-ND (connector to pin to and plug into the Can IHS bus block)

The under-seat connector requires you to pull out the plastic piece locking the pins. Then you can insert the pins into the connector and push it back in.

This resulted in working memory functions and a working set of memory buttons on the door panel. I also swapped the TRX door panels, and it included the memory buttons. This is what took me down this road, because I hate having something there that doesn't function. The buttons do not light up, but I am not sure if they are supposed.

Some additional notes:
  • I had heated seats and steering wheel from the factory. I have seen in other threads, that if you don't have these OEM optioned you may not have other wiring necessary for the swapped seats to function.
  • I had to run power to one pin for the passenger seat power functions to work.
  • In all, I had to run only these three wires for the swap.
  • I also converted to the console shifter, but that wiring is there and just needs to be repurposed from the original rotary shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread