5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory seats

andyc16

Reaction score
Is it possible to add? Can't believe I was such a fool to think a fully loaded truck with leather seats would come with a memory for the driver seat.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get a fully loaded truck if it is in fact not fully loaded? Knowing the content of your truck before you buy is kind of on you...

I don't believe it's an easy add-on. Did you get a Rebel? Those are the only ones offered with leather that aren't going to come with memory seats standard.

andyc16

Reaction score
Did you get a fully loaded truck if it is in fact not fully loaded? Knowing the content of your truck before you buy is kind of on you...

I don't believe it's an easy add-on. Did you get a Rebel? Those are the only ones offered with leather that aren't going to come with memory seats standard.
This is true, I will be honest it's the first new truck I have ever bought and coming from a 08 ltz Silverado and an 08 expedition I was so used to it I didn't even think about it untill we started swapping drivers. You would be correct it's a rebel with the all black leather. Never realized how much it was used until it was gone. Just seems crazy that I can have all leather, a sun roof that goes to the back of the cab, a 12 in touchscreen but not a memory seat lol

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is true, I will be honest it's the first new truck I have ever bought and coming from a 08 ltz Silverado and an 08 expedition I was so used to it I didn't even think about it untill we started swapping drivers. You would be correct it's a rebel with the all black leather. Never realized how much it was used until it was gone. Just seems crazy that I can have all leather, a sun roof that goes to the back of the cab, a 12 in touchscreen but not a memory seat lol

They actually added the leather package to the Rebels after the introduction of the truck due to customer demand. But you are far from a "fully loaded" truck, there are two or three more trim levels above the Rebel (depending on how you look at it the Laramie trim)

andyc16

Reaction score
They actually added the leather package to the Rebels after the introduction of the truck due to customer demand. But you are far from a "fully loaded" truck, there are two or three more trim levels above the Rebel (depending on how you look at it the Laramie trim)
Ya I guess to me it's pretty loaded sorry I should have not said that

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's all good, trucks come with a ton of things stuffed in them nowadays. Even the LTZ version of the Silverado is far from the top trim now. And a truck having some high end options doesn't mean it gets them all anymore either, as customization is a high priority now with buyers wanting to a-la-cart their purchases

Just for future reference, toss your truck details and info in your signature, that way when you start threads or ask questions, people don't have to guess what you drive. There's a thread around here somewhere kind of unofficially asking everyone to do that, and most do, so it makes the forum content have better context instead of lots of back and forth "what do you drive" questions.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would anyone need memory seats? That would mean you were going to entertain the idea of someone else driving your vehicle and who cares if the passenger needs to adjust their seat, they’re lucky to be riding shotgun :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: j/k (kinda?)

Although I do have memory seats, I 100% agree with this statement, lol. Plus I'm tall so my seat is easy to put back if someone moves it, I always go all the way back, and pedals all the way down.

andyc16

Reaction score
Well my wife actually drives it 90% of the time cause if I drove it the miles would be through the roof because of my commute but I get it on the weekends with the toy hauler. That's a good thought I'll update my sig. Really new here.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well my wife actually drives it 90% of the time cause if I drove it the miles would be through the roof because of my commute but I get it on the weekends with the toy hauler. That's a good thought I'll update my sig. Really new here.

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the truck! Hopefully the rest of the truck is doing better at living up to your expectations, the Rebels are sweet looking and quite capable. If they came with more toys (not even leather when I bought my truck) I would have gone that way for the look and the off road ability.

andyc16

Reaction score
I love it so far. But I'd really like to add the memory seat haha. I'd pay a decent amount to do it if it would for sure work.

clazer

Reaction score
Ya I guess to me it's pretty loaded sorry I should have not said that

Naw, you absolutely should have said it. Seems like the forecast is hot with a high chance of trolls this evening.

Anyone actually have some input? Would be interested to hear if there’s a possible flash upgrade or similar.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Naw, you absolutely should have said it. Seems like the forecast is hot with a high chance of trolls this evening.

Anyone actually have some input? Would be interested to hear if there’s a possible flash upgrade or similar.

I wasn't trying to troll anyone, and already answered the question... It's been talked about on the forum before as well, it's not something the truck is prepped for, so installation of whatever modules and wiring harnesses, as well as the buttons that go in the door panel that doesn't have the cutout for them, would be pretty involved. I also didn't ask for any apology from the op at any point.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Just to be a little more specific is the question to add a memory function to an existing power seat or to add memory + power to a manual seat? Obviously the latter will require more effort since you will need to buy a power seat frame

andyc16

Reaction score
Just to be a little more specific is the question to add a memory function to an existing power seat or to add memory + power to a manual seat? Obviously the latter will require more effort since you will need to buy a power seat frame
My seat is already power

clazer

Reaction score

The Rebel 12 seats are powered, heated, perf’ed leather. They’re just missing ventilation (which would be nice) and a memory button to return them to a previous setting. No King Ranch massagers either.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
My seat is already power

Great question Patsy1099!!!!

andyc16,

I am sure it is doable but to what extent cost wise worth/value along obstacles/procedures to make it happen as well.

Just off top of my head few things I can think of that may come into play---
-seat powered? YES--(patsy1099 again good start point!!!)
-harness there? should be see part info below
-Part/Switch needed for side seat panel? 68233963AB <---shows same part for REBEL and LIMITED
-do you need to change out side panel on seat? I don't think so/appears to have same as powered seats?
-code for dealership to activate/flash to work??? LEQ/Le5 not sure
-Is key fob same or need upgrade??? I don't know

I don't have the memory seats either so I don't know all the functions, key fob memory/if it has memory keys somewhere else. Biggest battle is that part above seems to be the same part in the Limited so it has the function, just not turned on.

Hopefully others can chime in to help!!!

Part info for seat---

Limited seat part:
https://www.moparpartsinc.com/a/Ram...8/_52016_7589054/Switches--Seat/i2381567.html

Rebel seat part:
https://www.moparpartsinc.com/a/Ram...8/_52016_7589054/Switches--Seat/i2381567.html

andyc16

Reaction score
I don't give a 5hit how many trim levels the Rebel is 'under'.... for $60K, memory seats should be a given.
That's I how feel lol. I guess I was very naive to not think about it but ya when buying something like this I was shocked to find out it didn't have it.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
and parts for ventilation....just in case for those that mentioned it....again don't know all that is needed but here are some of the parts to get us started:

DRIVER SEAT:

PASSENGER SEAT:

Blower motor
ventilation bag

EDITED TO ADD DRIVER SEAT LINK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread