5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The Newest Off-Road Package For The 2022 Ram 1500 Lineup:

deanno33

Reaction score
They're just like what's in the built to serve models minus the places for patches.
That's awesome. I ordered a BackCountry last Friday and was a little nervous because there were no seat pics online and the description just said low back cloth bucket seats.

WchChip

Reaction score
It looks like a continuation of the built to serve package with a few exterior/interior differences.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's awesome. I ordered a BackCountry last Friday and was a little nervous because there were no seat pics online and the description just said low back cloth bucket seats.
I looked up the 2021 rebel and built one online, and I can see the seats. It looks good, however I wonder of the vinyl would be part of it.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

deanno33

Reaction score
Good idea. I'll look at the seats on the rebel build too with the low backs selected.

I really like the wheels on the BackCountry. Just wish there were more non-LT options to go 33" with the 18" wheels. I remember considering a Rebel a couple years ago and researched quite a bit only to find virtually no 33" tire options for the 18" wheel (other than heavy LT tires). For 20" wheels there are a ton of options for 33" standard load.

Redfour5

Reaction score

Meet The Newest Off-Road Package For The 2022 Ram 1500 Lineup:​

New Big Horn Back Country Is A More Affordable Offering To The Rebel...​

View attachment 93762

As the 2022 model year is fastly approaching, we are starting to learn a lot more about the updates that the RAM brand will be incorporating for the new model year. RAM has called its half-ton offering the no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency, performance, and convenience, and it’s about to get better going into 2022. This includes a new package for Big Horn (also known as the Lone Star in the Texas market), which is geared toward truck owners who need more capability.

OK, I got a 21 Built to serve with the Rambox/bed management system so that is mostly . It has the essentials of this with the main difference I'm noticing being the 7 inch TFT cluster, tonneau (which I don't care for). I got the LED lighting as part of mine and that is MUCH better...imho. I see they do a mix and match of features for these "editions" they make. Kind of reminds me of the Outdoorsman package I got in 2015 very similar as the offroad stuff hasn't changed much except for the e locker but you gotta lose the anti-slip differential for that. I had heard they were considering bringing the Outdoorsman back, but this just might be it/new name. Overall, not a bad mix of features. I gotta say those LED headlights are wonderful. I got almost all this but paid for it too. I'd get a 3.92 and the big gas tank but other than that, this would be a good package for towing without a Rambox (increased payload) while still getting some level two goodies... Like I said, it reminds me of the Outdoorsman package from 2015. Very similar... It gave you effectively the level 2 goodies (nice EVIC/bucket seats/console) and the big 32 gallon gas tank and 3.92 but no spray in liner (I did aftermarket) or tonneau... I imagine this comes with the Falken A/T's like mine. Put some KO2's and you can go someplace others can't.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good idea. I'll look at the seats on the rebel build too with the low backs selected.

I really like the wheels on the BackCountry. Just wish there were more non-LT options to go 33" with the 18" wheels. I remember considering a Rebel a couple years ago and researched quite a bit only to find virtually no 33" tire options for the 18" wheel (other than heavy LT tires). For 20" wheels there are a ton of options for 33" standard load.
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 in 275/70R18 is 33.2", XL rated, and 51.5 pounds.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm digging those 18"rims. I've always been a fan of 20"..so I'm hoping I can go up a size or more to get to 35" tires. I'm pretty sure you can if the rebel 18" can get up to 35" tires.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a YouTube notification from Ben hardy and his quick review on it. I really hope those are the seats…I would be thrilled. Don’t care of it’s vinyl seats, they looks great, easy to clean, and comfortable.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

deanno33

Reaction score
Good video until he mentioned that we won't see them on lots until end of year or possibly into next year.... guessing special orders will be here before that....I sure hope anyway!

I think there will be plenty of people picking these up, not just because they are cheaper than a Rebel. I love the look of the Rebel but I don't want 3.92s and I do want the 4 auto option. For my needs which is 90+% highway and then times where I'm back on logging roads or going across frozen lakes this will be a good balance.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good video until he mentioned that we won't see them on lots until end of year or possibly into next year.... guessing special orders will be here before that....I sure hope anyway!

I think there will be plenty of people picking these up, not just because they are cheaper than a Rebel. I love the look of the Rebel but I don't want 3.92s and I do want the 4 auto option. For my needs which is 90+% highway and then times where I'm back on logging roads or going across frozen lakes this will be a good balance.
Oh yeah...we will get them long before they hit the lots for the dealer.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
OK, I got a 21 Built to serve with the Rambox/bed management system so that is mostly . It has the essentials of this with the main difference I'm noticing being the 7 inch TFT cluster, tonneau (which I don't care for). I got the LED lighting as part of mine and that is MUCH better...imho. I see they do a mix and match of features for these "editions" they make. Kind of reminds me of the Outdoorsman package I got in 2015 very similar as the offroad stuff hasn't changed much except for the e locker but you gotta lose the anti-slip differential for that. I had heard they were considering bringing the Outdoorsman back, but this just might be it/new name. Overall, not a bad mix of features. I gotta say those LED headlights are wonderful. I got almost all this but paid for it too. I'd get a 3.92 and the big gas tank but other than that, this would be a good package for towing without a Rambox (increased payload) while still getting some level two goodies... Like I said, it reminds me of the Outdoorsman package from 2015. Very similar... It gave you effectively the level 2 goodies (nice EVIC/bucket seats/console) and the big 32 gallon gas tank and 3.92 but no spray in liner (I did aftermarket) or tonneau... I imagine this comes with the Falken A/T's like mine. Put some KO2's and you can go someplace others can't.

Over all it isn't anything spectacular really when you think about it, When i built my ram, i got all that for about the same amount of money, the only thing is I don't have two tone paint.

deanno33

Reaction score
Over all it isn't anything spectacular really when you think about it, When i built my ram, i got all that for about the same amount of money, the only thing is I don't have two tone paint.

Maybe not spectacular but pretty good savings when comparing a comparable 2022 build. I have the build sheets for both from the dealer (BackCountry and regular Bighorn) with the exact options. The only differences (off top of head so may miss something minor) were wheels /tires (18" w/ 32" LT tires vs 20" w/ S rated 32" tires), two tone paint and the BackCountry has black mirrors and bumpers whereas the BigHorn has body match. Other than that, optioned exact, BackCountry MSRP 58,960 and the BigHorn 62,025. The savings of 3,065 was enough for me to choose BackCountry.

The only thing I'd change is the wheels. I like 20s. A guy was selling his 20" new 2021 takes offs from a Laramie night on marketplace for 1000. I just missed buying them as they were pending in a day and the other guy bought them,

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Maybe not spectacular but pretty good savings when comparing a comparable 2022 build. I have the build sheets for both from the dealer (BackCountry and regular Bighorn) with the exact options. The only differences (off top of head so may miss something minor) were wheels /tires (18" w/ 32" LT tires vs 20" w/ S rated 32" tires), two tone paint and the BackCountry has black mirrors and bumpers whereas the BigHorn has body match. Other than that, optioned exact, BackCountry MSRP 58,960 and the BigHorn 62,025. The savings of 3,065 was enough for me to choose BackCountry.

The only thing I'd change is the wheels. I like 20s. A guy was selling his 20" new 2021 takes offs from a Laramie night on marketplace for 1000. I just missed buying them as they were pending in a day and the other guy bought them,

My neighbor had asked when this edition will be an option to choose from on the Ram website? do they usually update the online build in the new year or will it be online sooner?

deanno33

Reaction score
My neighbor had asked when this edition will be an option to choose from on the Ram website? do they usually update the online build in the new year or will it be online sooner?
I'm not sure but guessing when they start production of 2022 models in August, they will probably switch over the Ram website. The dealers already have the 2022 order info so they can build the 2022 for you now. Or, you can use the Nada new car website and build a 2022. Nada is pretty much up to date with the exception of a couple things that I noticed. Nada doesn't include a seat charge, where the dealer builds do for 2022 (BackCountry didn't have the extra charge which was cool, but the Laramie and regulars BigHorn do). Also, the Uconnect 5 is more expensive than Nada shows. Nada shows 795 for the 8.4 with Nav. Dealer builds are 1395 for the 8.4 with Nav. Otherwise, Nada was right on.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know that the best part of this package for me that sold me was the bed utility package, tri fold tonneau cover, and spray in linerThat alone is an additional $1500 by itself. So its a good package for me.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this package comes with rear wheel liner? I don’t think so, but I wanted to ask.

Just adding to the list of things I want to add when I get my truck thx.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

deanno33

Reaction score
The RAM doesn't have that option from what I recall poking around UConnect. You can turn that off in the Jeep if you wanted.

Can anyone confirm if this package comes with rear wheel liner? I don’t think so, but I wanted to ask.
I added them to my order since they were not part of the package.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Sort of a bump. Others list what is on their Monroney (window sticker)

Let's compare...

Built To Serve Monroney 2021

Built–to–Serve Edition $2,795 (Not Listed is night edition badging, door handles, black mirrors, special seats including)
  • Lockable–Console Storage by Mopar®
  • Black Onyx Interior Accent
  • Black Headlamp–Bezels (LED Lighting Package)
  • Black Tubular Side Steps by Mopar®
  • 20–Inch x 9.0–Inch Aluminum Wheels
  • (Alpine) 9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
  • Electronic Locking Rear Axle
  • Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats by Mopar®
  • Front Suspension Skid–Plate
  • Fuel Tank Skid–Plate
  • Steering Gear Skid–Plate
  • Transfer–Case Skid–Plate
  • Hill–Descent Control
  • 4–Way Power Lumbar Adjustable Driver Seat 8–Way Power Driver Seat
  • Tow Hooks

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just looking around, and I never updated my situation here.

To make a long story short, I did get my back country order in late December ( it took 6 months). Here is my baby.

It's the hydro blue one...next to the Rebel I traded I'm ( had it for only 2 months)

I love the truck, but now I need to put my touches on it (rims, tires, headlights, tail lights, lift).

The one thing that hasn't been talked about the back country, are the Rebel seats. Super comfortable and premium looking.
ca510570f79d74031622b94062c4d555.jpg
c76828d4dd8e072e1192827c8ee26230.jpg
436fefeab0aadfc922a3877be0cbe354.jpg

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread