5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The Newest Off-Road Package For The 2022 Ram 1500 Lineup:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Meet The Newest Off-Road Package For The 2022 Ram 1500 Lineup:​

New Big Horn Back Country Is A More Affordable Offering To The Rebel...​

1621340177707.png

As the 2022 model year is fastly approaching, we are starting to learn a lot more about the updates that the RAM brand will be incorporating for the new model year. RAM has called its half-ton offering the no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency, performance, and convenience, and it’s about to get better going into 2022. This includes a new package for Big Horn (also known as the Lone Star in the Texas market), which is geared toward truck owners who need more capability.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That truck looks like it has half a foot of rake.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it is an off-road package it should have fender flares.

I do like the black rocker panels though...

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it is an off-road package it should have fender flares.

I do like the black rocker panels though...
If they're sticking with the same tires I got (that's what the picture looks like) then flares will make the tires look small and tucked in. If they are going with the slightly larger Rebel tires then yes, they should add flares.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Placed my order for one. I'm really worried that the package is more than the north edition package which is currently $1500

Some places have the price tag as close or even replacing the built to serve edition and that price is $2500.

If it is closer to the built to serve edition, sh!t better come with LED headlights. I'm not planning on it having the LED headlights, but if it comes with something else like rear we'll liners (picture doesn't show it), or a tonneau cover ( I also ordered a rambox) I would be happy.

We shall see.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it is closer to the built to serve edition, sh!t better come with LED headlights. I'm not planning on it having the LED headlights, but if it comes with something else like rear we'll liners (picture doesn't show it), or a tonneau cover ( I also ordered a rambox) I would be happy.

We shall see.
I don't know the price of the package but it doesn't look likes it's going to be cheap as it incorporates stuff from several packages.

Looks like you'll get at least one of the things you're hoping for.

From CarBuzz.com:

Back Country Package
Tires: LT275/65R18C OWL On/Off Road, Off Road Decals, Steering Gear Skid Plate, Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Black Headlamp Bezels, Front Suspension Skid Plate, Pick-Up Box Lighting, Front Extra HD Shock Absorbers, MOPAR Black Tubular Side Steps, Power 8-Way Driver Seat, Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror, Tire: Full Size Spare, MOPAR Deployable Bed Step, E-Locker Rear Axle, RAM Grille Badge - Black, Black Painted Exterior Mirrors Caps, Off-Road Information Pages, Painted Rear Bumper, Painted Front Bumper, Wheels: 18" x 8.0" Black Painted Aluminum, Back Country I/P Badge, Accent Color Premium Power Mirrors, Exterior Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals, MOPAR 4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks, Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps, MOPAR Spray In Bedliner, Rear Extra HD Shock Absorbers, Black Exterior Truck Badging, Grille Surround 1 Body Color Texture 1 Black, Lower Two Tone Paint, Tow Hooks, Dual Exhaust w/Black Tips, Power-Folding Mirrors, Transfer Case Skid Plate, Fuel Tank Skid Plate, MOPAR Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats, Hill Descent Control w/A62 Cluster 7.0" TFT Color Display w/XB9 Truck Bed Cargo Divider

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know the price of the package but it doesn't look likes it's going to be cheap as it incorporates stuff from several packages.

Looks like you'll get at least one of the things you're hoping for.

From CarBuzz.com:

Back Country Package
Tires: LT275/65R18C OWL On/Off Road, Off Road Decals, Steering Gear Skid Plate, Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Black Headlamp Bezels, Front Suspension Skid Plate, Pick-Up Box Lighting, Front Extra HD Shock Absorbers, MOPAR Black Tubular Side Steps, Power 8-Way Driver Seat, Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror, Tire: Full Size Spare, MOPAR Deployable Bed Step, E-Locker Rear Axle, RAM Grille Badge - Black, Black Painted Exterior Mirrors Caps, Off-Road Information Pages, Painted Rear Bumper, Painted Front Bumper, Wheels: 18" x 8.0" Black Painted Aluminum, Back Country I/P Badge, Accent Color Premium Power Mirrors, Exterior Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals, MOPAR 4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks, Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps, MOPAR Spray In Bedliner, Rear Extra HD Shock Absorbers, Black Exterior Truck Badging, Grille Surround 1 Body Color Texture 1 Black, Lower Two Tone Paint, Tow Hooks, Dual Exhaust w/Black Tips, Power-Folding Mirrors, Transfer Case Skid Plate, Fuel Tank Skid Plate, MOPAR Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats, Hill Descent Control w/A62 Cluster 7.0" TFT Color Display w/XB9 Truck Bed Cargo Divider

I like that the spray in bed liner is part of it, so that's good. Looks like it's good mix of the offroad package/bed liner/ trifold cover...and the north edition

Curious to know the painted front and rear bumpers. Last time I checked, my order shows that it's 2-tone, and the bottom half is black, along with the front and rear bumpers.

On the mopar insiders page, it was black bumpers.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Placed my order for one. I'm really worried that the package is more than the north edition package which is currently $1500

Some places have the price tag as close or even replacing the built to serve edition and that price is $2500.

We shall see.

Do the dealerships already have the pricing available for the 2022 Back Country editions?

sig-nifigant

Reaction score

We shall see.

Back Country Package $2695 they added the bucket seats bed liner 2 tone paint and tonneau to the discontinued north edition.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the details
bdb005c0aec8f590ebd16f7b314ae17b.jpg

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Back Country Package $2695 they added the bucket seats bed liner 2 tone paint and tonneau to the discontinued north edition.
I think its an "ok" package. It's pricey compared to the north package. If it came with the LEDHeadlights, it would have been great.

Since I'm getting the rambox, the cover and the bed utility group, it's good. When you price everything out, it's like over $3k worth of stuff.

deanno33

Reaction score
Can't seem to find a single interior pic of the back country. Just the couple pics of the exterior too.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I think its an "ok" package. It's pricey compared to the north package. If it came with the LEDHeadlights, it would have been great.

Since I'm getting the rambox, the cover and the bed utility group, it's good. When you price everything out, it's like over $3k worth of stuff.

Where are you finding this information as it isnt on the Ram Build site.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are you finding this information as it isnt on the Ram Build site.
Nadaguides.com just search for ram trucks. By default, it will take you to 2021 year, but in that drop down window, you have the option for 2022 models.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh man....I hope my hydro blue is 2 toned. It won't be the worse thing in the world if it's not, but it's on my purchase sheet. It's not an option when you use nada website

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

deanno33

Reaction score
Interesting pic of the seats. They don't appear to be full cloth like I thought.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Oh man....I hope my hydro blue is 2 toned. It won't be the worse thing in the world if it's not, but it's on my purchase sheet. It's not an option when you use nada website

I wonder what color options will be available for these?

Users who are viewing this thread