5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition:

ichime

Reaction score
I just saw the article, very very interesting how they unveiled this Rebel after Jim Morrison (Head of the Ram brand) made an appearance on TFL Truck's live YouTube feed (TFLnow) just yesterday. He was specifically asked about putting the 12 inch screen in the Rebel and his response was how they listen to customer feedback and take the feedback to serious consideration. Then the next day, Voila! A Rebel with a 12 inch screen!

Jim seems like the right guy to take Ram to the next level. Very exciting!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
RM019_365FN60m5o6kgf2p84ep2usit5tv51v.jpg

You Asked For It, Ram Trucks Delivers...

Rebel fans have been asking for it, and Ram has answered. Yes, the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel will now come with the option of the 12.1-inch UConnect touchscreen. Meet the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition.

The new 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition brings new technology and premium appointments to one-of-a-kind off-road design in the full-size truck segment.

RM019_363FNjps1tl5au8m2i4u2vilnvmp9pt.jpg

2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition. (Ram).

“Expanding the availability of the segment-leading UConnect 4C 12.1-inch touchscreen is a direct response to market demand,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Ram Brand, FCA – North America. “Customers have been asking for additional high-end features on Rebel and now we’re delivering with benchmark technology and materials wrapped in off-road capability.”

The 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 special edition offers unique technology never before available on Rebel, including Ram’s UConnect 4C with 12-inch screen and navigation. The fourth-generation UConnect system includes enhanced processing power, multi-touch gestures, vivid imagery, sharper graphics and the ability to support smartphone integrations. The class-exclusive, 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen display offers split-screen capability and tailor-made graphics. Next-generation in-car audio entertainment debuts with industry-exclusive SiriusXM with 360L, on-demand content and a personalized listening experience.

RM019_366FNs8rl7c1u4ub83id9plin4m1db.jpg

2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 Special Edition with UConnect 4C NAV and 12.1-inch touchscreen. (Ram).

Rebel 12 special edition also features leather-trimmed interior with heated front seats and unique metal speaker grilles trimmed in the Rebel’s signature Radar Red anodized finish. Owners will appreciate the finest audio system ever available in a pickup — Harman Kardon with 19 premium speakers, 900-watt surround-sound amplifier, 10-inch subwoofer and active noise cancellation.

The Ram Rebel brings factory-engineered, off-road capability to the full-size truck segment with unique design cues and can-do attitude backed by Ram Truck engineering. Equipped with a factory lift, locking rear differential, 33-inch tires, Bilstein shocks, skid plates, tow hooks and other off-road-ready features, the Ram 1500 Rebel appeals to the truck owner looking for a less-beaten path.

RM019_367FN4lsodj407ca6iv2n3ds973vicf.jpg

2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 with 900 watt, 19-speaker Harmon Kardon sound system (Ram).

The Rebel 12 Special Edition is an available package on all Rebel cab, color and powertrain configurations.

Packed with premium materials and technology at a great value, the 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel 12 starts at $46,990, not including $1,695 destination. Rebel 12 Special Edition will be available in the fourth quarter of 2018.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Hmm.... Starting to consider if I wanna cancel my limited and go with Rebel....:eek::unsure:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mother ****er! Hahahaha, saw this coming a mile away. How did they think there wouldn't be demand for a "Limited" Rebel? Not a fan of the 12" screen, but the other updates would've been nice.

Kidder

Reaction score
Honestly, I think I would have purchased, at least considered, the Rebel if it had the 12"/Harmon Kardon option instead of my Laramie.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned...early arrivals may be wanting to be prepared to rethink their purchase.

I seen this hinted at...so what else is gonna show up at the Texas State Fair.

I just want a Tradesman with Rebel Package lol.

Ram said they were gonna hit the high trims first...so there is hope.

Another great article @redriderbob

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We need more info on the Rebel subbrand.

We need the 6.4l Hemi in this thing.

We know the Hellcat is coming...we have heard about the 7.0l...we need 392 cubic inches for the masses.

Not that the 12 inch screen isn't nice.

Oh, the excitement is growing.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll pass on the 12”screen but this paired with a 6.4 would be worth me swapping out vehicles.

opet

Reaction score
The lack of 12" screen upgrade, strange cloth seats, and the red interior were the only items holding me back on the new Rebel (versus an upcoming Night Edition Laramie, for instance). Now, I just need to convince myself that the red interior isn't terrible... maybe it will grow on me? Uhg...

Last edited:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Please can they just offer a Rebel "Laramie" already like they do/did with the Power Wagon?

It would give us the front bench seating, heated/ventilated seats, and rear reclining seats (not to mention 12" screen option).

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Also, i like that this came out before Texas State Fair. This means something else more exciting will debut there (hopefully)

RT70808

Reaction score
That sucks. I would have bought the Rebel instead of limited if these were available! I guess I’ll trade when this option is available with a diesel.

Mikeg

Reaction score
The lack of 12" screen upgrade, strange cloth seats, and the red interior were the only items holding me back on the new Rebel (versus an upcoming Night Edition Laramie, for instance). Now, I just need to convince myself that the red interior isn't terrible... maybe it will grow on me? Uhg...
i was a bit taken aback as well on the red interior pieces at at first, but i will say that the interior view when driving or in passenger seat the red portions are not overwhelming. sitting in the back is where you see a lot more (back of driver and passenger seat).

XDBrad

Reaction score
Well poo! I passed on the Rebel for the single reason it didn’t have ventilated seats as an option. If you zoom in on the pictures, it’s right there now. Not sorry with my decision but doing it again, if my current truck was parked beside a new Rebel i would lean hard towards the Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread