5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
cevans, Sorry to hear about your issues. I plan to fly & drive back to central Florida. What route are you taking home? Are you driving easy for the 1st 100 miles due to break in?
I took I 10 east all the way from Lake Charles back into Florida, then once I got around Tallahassee, I believe it was, I took I 75 south and then halfway there took the turnpike all the way down into Miami. I didn’t really do any special break in procedure. I just drove the truck normally. About 70-90 mph The entire way. I just never got on it. Just normal cruising.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Anyone have paint correction and ceramic done by MD??? Dad was quoted $700. Sounds like a deal, if it's done well.

Haulin192rbs

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have paint correction and ceramic done by MD??? Dad was quoted $700. Sounds like a deal, if it's done well.
I had it done when I picked up my truck back in May. I'm really happy with it! Truck was flawless, smooth and really glossy when picking it up. I have been hand washing with the proper ph balanced carpro soap (can't remember the name).

When I got home and after waiting for the 5-7 day cure time I also applied Griot's 3in1 ceramic coat to all of the windows, tonneau cover, wheels, mirrors and any other black trim. It is so easy to wash and the truck is already nearing 5k miles (lots of bugs!)

Definitely recommend it!

Rammmer

Reaction score
I had it done when I picked up my truck back in May. I'm really happy with it! Truck was flawless, smooth and really glossy when picking it up. I have been hand washing with the proper ph balanced carpro soap (can't remember the name).

When I got home and after waiting for the 5-7 day cure time I also applied Griot's 3in1 ceramic coat to all of the windows, tonneau cover, wheels, mirrors and any other black trim. It is so easy to wash and the truck is already nearing 5k miles (lots of bugs!)

Definitely recommend it!
Do they tell you which coating compound they use? Is it 9H hardness?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Dunga

Reaction score
C QUARTZ UK 3.0
They ask you not to use an auto car wash. It’s not quite possible in the winter here to hand wash all the time. Is it mostly the “soft touch” that’s bad? I never use soft touch, always touch free if that’s any difference.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aaron is a good guy. I found a few small flaws on my truck when I got it delivered to me. I fixed a dent myself and Aaron offered to pay me my rate for dent removal. I rejected the offer as I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I also compounded and polished out a minor scratch. Again, Aaron offered to pay me for it and I rejected that. My only issue that I should have gotten fixed, but didn't, is hydraulic fluid splash marks on the driver side rear door. The marks are in the clear and can only be seen when kneeling down and looking up the door in the right light. The only way to fix this is to repaint the door and I won't be doing that due to potential color and texture matching.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Aaron is a good guy. I found a few small flaws on my truck when I got it delivered to me. I fixed a dent myself and Aaron offered to pay me my rate for dent removal. I rejected the offer as I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I also compounded and polished out a minor scratch. Again, Aaron offered to pay me for it and I rejected that. My only issue that I should have gotten fixed, but didn't, is hydraulic fluid splash marks on the driver side rear door. The marks are in the clear and can only be seen when kneeling down and looking up the door in the right light. The only way to fix this is to repaint the door and I won't be doing that due to potential color and texture matching.
I agree, Aaron is a stand up guy. He offered to completely repaint my door if the scratch I found couldn't be fixed. On Saturday, my detail dept. was able to fix the scratch to the point you can no longer feel it. There is still a mark there, but not as bad. I spoke to him again sat night and told him I really don't want to deal with having the door repainted as the quality of body work in South Florida is garbage. I feel I will have more issues after having the door repainted. I will be nit picking everything. I am happy with the way it is now. Prefer no scratch but I understand crap happens. Told him I would be going to the dealer for the bed liner overspray unless I can figure a good way to remove it from on top of the PPF. Haven't really researched it yet. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat if I ever need another new car again. The experience was more then great vs what I have dealt with before.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
Mark Dodge is still pretty severely backed up. My truck arrived on the 15th, and I just received an email requesting to start finance, so 6 business days. Sandi mentioned something like 600 vehicles have been received in the last week so they're very busy.

Can't wait!

Attachments

• Resized_20220725_130504.jpeg
    Resized_20220725_130504.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 47

Abckmyr

Reaction score
Mark Dodge is still pretty severely backed up. My truck arrived on the 15th, and I just received an email requesting to start finance, so 6 business days. Sandi mentioned something like 600 vehicles have been received in the last week so they're very busy.

Can't wait!

What was your order date? I’m trying to figure out how long it’s been taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score

Can't wait!
Heard the same thing from Sandi today. I was warned it could be 2+ weeks for them to do my inspection and make it ready for pickup/shipping.

Congrats on making progress!

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heard the same thing from Sandi today. I was warned it could be 2+ weeks for them to do my inspection and make it ready for pickup/shipping.

Congrats on making progress!
I would be curious as to how many techs they have? At my dealer, if we were that backed up with orders, they would be handing techs stacks of PDI's to do. Bunch of us would stay an extra few hours just to do like 5-6 pdi's. thats an easy 7-9 hrs done within a few hours.

JVSTBEE

Reaction score
Mine was off-loaded from the port on the 5th of July...and I haven't heard anything since then. Doesn't sound like they're contacting folks in the order the trucks were received.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Does anyone know if MD accepts Tread Lightly with the $1k ram website coupon?

I've read that Tread Lightly doesn't stack with PenFed or Truecar so I didn't buy the memership since I expected to use those. Now that the website coupon's back, if I reading some of these posts right, TL is the only thing that might stack with the coupon.

My truck has been shipped and I'm not currently a TL member so I might have missed the boat on that discount if it applies, but since there are delays I'm wondering if this worth purchasing now in case it takes 30 days to get to finance.

Anyone gone through finance recently and stacked any of these?

scapone4

Reaction score

I've read that Tread Lightly doesn't stack with PenFed or Truecar so I didn't buy the memership since I expected to use those. Now that the website coupon's back, if I reading some of these posts right, TL is the only thing that might stack with the coupon.

My truck has been shipped and I'm not currently a TL member so I might have missed the boat on that discount if it applies, but since there are delays I'm wondering if this worth purchasing now in case it takes 30 days to get to finance.

I think you’re good.

When did you get the coupon ?

Derek916

Reaction score

Both worked in February. I don't think you will have enough time for it to be active since your truck is already a week into transit, but the worst case is you spent a $100 on a donation to a non-profit organization. Plus, they have other discounts as well and you get a t-shirt.

Rammmer

Reaction score
I think you’re good.

When did you get the coupon ?

I got the coupon a few days ago. It's good for 60 days. However I think I'm a bit late on Tread Lightly. Thanks for the replies.

I had no idea the website coupon would come back, and didn't know TrueCar/PenFed didn't stack with it but TL did. Oh well. Maybe I'll just buy TL today in the event the delivery and PDI process takes forever. Sandi said port to dealer is taking 3 weeks, but that seems long based on what's been posted here.

Last edited:

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
I got the coupon a few days ago. It's good for 60 days. However I think I'm a bit late on Tread Lightly. Thanks for the replies.

I had no idea the website coupon would come back, and didn't know TrueCar/PenFed didn't stack with it but TL did. Oh well. Maybe I'll just buy TL today in the event the delivery and PDI process takes forever. Sandi said port to dealer is taking 3 weeks, but that seems long based on what's been posted here.
My truck shipped 6/30 and I just started finance paperwork today. It’ll be a month after shipping to delivery for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online