5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I hate living here with a passion. Everything about Miami is garbage. The only thing that I like here is the people I work with, that’s it.
Yikes and the traffic down there. Yeah I wish I could convince my wife and my family to move out of FL. Too much traffic, schools blow, jobs are mostly service industry so any kind of pandemic jobs take a massive hit, housing, etc..

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yikes and the traffic down there. Yeah I wish I could convince my wife and my family to move out of FL. Too much traffic, schools blow, jobs are mostly service industry so any kind of pandemic jobs take a massive hit, housing, etc..
would love to move out of here but I have my house and not going to sell it as trying to buy a house right now is crap and rent prices are out of this world, plus I still make good money at my job and the benefits are great. I just deal with it.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Anyone have any other info on the new shipping service? I could be wrong, but it sounds like MD switched because MD was taking a financial hit for issues with certain carriers used by central dispatch, and now the consumer just has to pay more to mitigate MD's risk of damage during transit. At $1.50 a mile it's going to cost me about a grand more.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Derek916

Reaction score
Anyone have any other info on the new shipping service? I could be wrong, but it sounds like MD switched because MD was taking a financial hit for issues with certain carriers used by central dispatch, and now the consumer just has to pay more to mitigate MD's risk of damage during transit. At $1.50 a mile it's going to cost me about a grand more.

I just spoke with them. Not only does it cost more, it is also rolled into your purchase price. Which means sales tax applies to the shipping cost and also higher car registration in California. For me that’s an another $200 in sales tax. I’d be looking at $3K minimum for shipping.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I just spoke with them. Not only does it cost more, it is also rolled into your purchase price. Which means sales tax applies to the shipping cost and also higher car registration in California. For me that’s an another $200 in sales tax. I’d be looking at $3K minimum for shipping.
Good grief my wife is going to be pissed. Ugh.

Not sure I agree with including shipping with the purchase price. To me it's a separate transaction. Grrrrr

I may look into flights now and see what's cheaper.

Rammmer

Reaction score
That is really annoying.

I would consider flying and driving back but it's such a far drive for me. The miles on the truck, the gas, tolls, airfare, hotels, add up to something not THAT much less than just getting it shipped and not having to go through the ordeal of driving across the country.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good grief my wife is going to be pissed. Ugh.

Not sure I agree with including shipping with the purchase price. To me it's a separate transaction. Grrrrr

I may look into flights now and see what's cheaper.

If this is how they are doing things now that is BS. They should at least work with customers who ordered under the "old system" and pricing expectations. For $1.50 per mile it better be an enclosed trailer, too.

Maybe Aaron will see this and can verify or give a report/update? A lot of people ate going to be pizzed who ordered under previous expectations.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tracker shows truck was delivered to MD Saturday. How long typically to hear about doing the paperwork?
Seems a bunch of us trucks were delivered on Saturday. Just patiently sitting here waiting for either a phone call or an email to do the paperwork and then get my plane ticket to fly out there.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If this is how they are doing things now that is BS. They should at least work with customers who ordered under the "old system" and pricing expectations. For $1.50 per mile it better be an enclosed trailer, too.

Maybe Aaron will see this and can verify or give a report/update? A lot of people ate going to be pizzed who ordered under previous expectations.
Be prepared to pay top dollar if you want your truck shipped in an enclosed trailer. Open trailers are cheaper than an enclosed trailer. Not sure if anybody’s looked into it but there are other options other than using the dealer to get your truck shipped to you. I have used uship.com several times in previous years to have a motorcycle and ATV brought to me without any issues. You also let Company‘s bid on your transport. If I was considering shipping my truck and the dealer told me that the cost would be included in with the truck I would say hell no. I would bet the dealer does that because they get some type of kickback out of it.

Rammmer

Reaction score

I certainly purchased from MD because, in part, of the price of shipping. Being told I can wait a few days for a shipper to pick up a .80ish cpm delivery was a big selling point since I'm ordering from a dealer that is quite far away. Going from that to potentially 1.50 cpm is a pretty large cost increase I was not expecting.

That comes on top of being told I'm not even getting the original rims on my truck.

RedFred

Reaction score
That comes on top of being told I'm not even getting the original rims on my truck.

Dumb question, but why are you not getting the original rims on your truck?

Dunga

Reaction score
I certainly purchased from MD because, in part, of the price of shipping. Being told I can wait a few days for a shipper to pick up a .80ish cpm delivery was a big selling point since I'm ordering from a dealer that is quite far away. Going from that to potentially 1.50 cpm is a pretty large cost increase I was not expecting.

It does suck I agree. For most of us it’s still a huge saving over local dealers selling at sticker minus manufacturer incentive. My truck is at least $10 grand off sticker.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
Would be cheaper to fly. Car rentals are like $100 right now. You ad in gas, can get an airline ticket for the same price.
I looked it up. Rental cars were ~$90 for a one way rental, but flights were in the ~$250 range. Not sure where I could get a $100 ticket that is more or less last minute since I won't know when to get it.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked it up. Rental cars were ~$90 for a one way rental, but flights were in the ~$250 range. Not sure where I could get a $100 ticket that is more or less last minute since I won't know when to get it.
for me, I can get a one-way ticket to lake Charles from ft Lauderdale on Friday of this week for $108. could change at any time though. I thought about the rental car scenario if the plane tickets were crazy expensive.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
MD delivers to the airport. If you aren't planning on exploring for a bit have them meet you at the airport.

Users who are viewing this thread