5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

cleigh

Reaction score
I just wish I could get some certainty as to when the truck will arrive. I can then arrange for coverage at work and book the flight. I have some United certificates that are due to expire end of the year so my flight is actually gonna be free. I would land at 3:30 pm and hope to be on the road by 5-5:30 pm. 200 miles to Shreveport and call it a day. Then start bright and early the next day for a 1,000 mile trip to Minnesota.

Agreed. My August/Sept commitments are starting to book up. I'm okay being patient, it's the not knowing that's hard. It's a big deal (especially with kids) for me to leave for 3 days, so scheduling that would be nice!

Dunga

Reaction score
Agreed. My August/Sept commitments are starting to book up. I'm okay being patient, it's the not knowing that's hard. It's a big deal (especially with kids) for me to leave for 3 days, so scheduling that would be nice!
Same. Got two kids at home and like 3 days off in July. One of them is my wife’s birthday. So it’s gonna be tight but heck for $2,000 I’m gonna make it work

Ram12375

Reaction score
Do you have to order from them to get the good deals or are there any deals to be had from their inventory. I'd like to reorder from them but I am to impatient to start the process all over again. I'm going on 3 months and just barely moved into scheduling phase.

Dunga

Reaction score
Do you have to order from them to get the good deals or are there any deals to be had from their inventory. I'd like to reorder from them but I am to impatient to start the process all over again. I'm going on 3 months and just barely moved into scheduling phase.
They have deals on their in-stock vehicles. They’re discounting Wagoneers and Grand Wagoneers when many dealers elsewhere mark them up. Having said that, to get the “best” deal you have to order. If there’s a vehicle you like on their lot you shoot them and email and see if they’ll work with you.

Ram12375

Reaction score
I'll keep my eye on their inventory. I ordered a backcountry and I am beginning to think backcountry trims are order only. I can't even find one on ram's inventory search site, or have I ever seen one st any dealer

Klink

Reaction score
I ordered my Longhorn on May 17th and it was delivered July 9th. I feel very very fortunate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220710-101526.png
    Screenshot_20220710-101526.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 34

Klink

Reaction score
That is crazy fast! I ordered my Bighorn the same day and it's still in D status.
I agree! He told me it could be up to 4 months so this is pretty crazy indeed. I really hope you get yours soon.

eaglemike

Reaction score
I've had my truck from Mark Dodge for a few weeks now. Mine was $1500 IIRC for delivery to SoCal. The guy doing the delivery ended up with a delay - he said it was due to mechanical, but I think he was managing some extra pick up and deliveries. It took and extra day and a half, not a huge deal. It arrived in perfect condition. I think it was likely booked through a company that brokers/subcontracts the work.
I had to get it weighed, the VIN verified, and smogged. These are California requirements, since it was bought out of state. Yes, ridiculous. Total cost was $175, could maybe beat that by a few $$, but it was local and easy. MD had contracted with one of the DMV approved tag stop places to handle the licensing. I got my plates a few days after I got them the paperwork for the above.
So a little hassle to save major bucks. The local credit union "buying service" wanted me to pay 5K over MSRP if I ordered a truck through them. They were useless. Might be better when the supply chain is full, but useless for now. It was waay faster just to contact MD and get the order placed than getting a quote from the credit union buying service.
Good luck to all!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my truck from Mark Dodge for a few weeks now. Mine was $1500 IIRC for delivery to SoCal. The guy doing the delivery ended up with a delay - he said it was due to mechanical, but I think he was managing some extra pick up and deliveries. It took and extra day and a half, not a huge deal. It arrived in perfect condition. I think it was likely booked through a company that brokers/subcontracts the work.
I had to get it weighed, the VIN verified, and smogged. These are California requirements, since it was bought out of state. Yes, ridiculous. Total cost was $175, could maybe beat that by a few $$, but it was local and easy. MD had contracted with one of the DMV approved tag stop places to handle the licensing. I got my plates a few days after I got them the paperwork for the above.
So a little hassle to save major bucks. The local credit union "buying service" wanted me to pay 5K over MSRP if I ordered a truck through them. They were useless. Might be better when the supply chain is full, but useless for now. It was waay faster just to contact MD and get the order placed than getting a quote from the credit union buying service.
Good luck to all!
fellow socal resident here. do you have an idea how much annual registration would be?

Derek916

Reaction score
fellow socal resident here. do you have an idea how much annual registration would be?
My 55k Laramie was 900ish in Sacramento. Trucks are considered commercial vehicles in California.

Dunga

Reaction score
My latest update is that the truck was offloaded from the train on the 7th and is currently awaiting transport to the dealership. This may take up to 3 weeks on average. Then, the PDI process will take another week so long as there’s no major damage on the vehicle. I was advised not to buy any airplane tickets or book hotels until I hear from MD.

They’re not using Central Dispatch no more. They moved a more “premium” company due to some issues they were having. I’m told shipping is going to be $1.40 to 1.50 per mile. I’m still gonna try and fly there. I just hope I have enough leeway with work.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My latest update is that the truck was offloaded from the train on the 7th and is currently awaiting transport to the dealership. This may take up to 3 weeks on average. Then, the PDI process will take another week so long as there’s no major damage on the vehicle. I was advised not to buy any airplane tickets or book hotels until I hear from MD.

They’re not using Central Dispatch no more. They moved a more “premium” company due to some issues they were having. I’m told shipping is going to be $1.40 to 1.50 per mile. I’m still gonna try and fly there. I just hope I have enough leeway with work.
Guess that means I shouldn’t expect to hear from them until next week. Lol. Truck Shows delivered on sat but if they take a week to do the pdi then I would expect to hopefully go pick it up next week.

Rammmer

Reaction score

Oof that makes for an expensive ride.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Damn, I got in just in time to use central dispatch. I got lucky and had 0 issues and had a really nice and communicative driver, but I could definitely see them having issues delivering so many trucks using endless amounts of random companies. I was quite nervous myself.

With the volume they do, it's not suprising they're looking at different methods.

I only paid $1.00/mi (1,400mi) at the time, which was a good thing. It was accepted so quickly too- I probably could have went even cheaper 🤣.

Users who are viewing this thread