5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From this thread and an email it seems like it is worked into the purchase price whether you finance or pay an extra "down payment" on it, so it is taxed either way (and if you finance it not at 0% you are paying interest on it and the tax).

The huge sudden price increase because of their process and company changes is more of an issue than the tax, though.
If you pay for it separate, I don’t see how that is worked into the purchase price. If they tell you the cost of shipping will be $2000 extra, you just send them $2000 aside from what your price of your car is. Unless you don’t have $2000 then they will include it in the purchase price and then you just finance it. Seems like a no brainer. I would assume that not everybody out there has an extra two or $3000 set aside for shipping and the dealers doing you a favor by saying hey we can include it in the purchase price. Yea you pay extra but that is up to each buyer.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My main concern is the increase in price. Sure its "only" a few cents more per mile, but going from say .80 cents to a $1/mile to now $1.40 adds up quick.
that is why I am flying out there and driving it back. With the increase in the price of gas and rise in inflation, cheaper to do that then get it shipped. Would prefer not to do that but with the way things are right now, not paying $3000 to get my car shipped here when it used to cost $500-$1000.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My main concern is the increase in price. Sure its "only" a few cents more per mile, but going from say .80 cents to a $1/mile to now $1.40 adds up quick.

I don't believe MD is saying that you are REQUIRED to use there shipping option. I believe they have made the business decision to pick a provider that they feel delivers a certain standard of service they are happy with. There must have been too many issues with the central dispatch service they previously recommended. I am sure you can choose to use any service you find, it is just that MD does not want to be responsible for all standing behind the hundreds of individual carriers using the central dispatch service. It is a wise business decision in my opinion.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I don't believe MD is saying that you are REQUIRED to use there shipping option. I believe they have made the business decision to pick a provider that they feel delivers a certain standard of service they are happy with. There must have been too many issues with the central dispatch service they previously recommended. I am sure you can choose to use any service you find, it is just that MD does not want to be responsible for all standing behind the hundreds of individual carriers using the central dispatch service. It is a wise business decision in my opinion.
Makes sense. I get it. When I talked with them yesterday it was mentioned that they ran into some issues and needed to make a change. I get it from a business perspective. Just stinks from a customer perspective, but I get it. Either way I'm still saving compared to my local dealers so in the big picture all is well.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
feel like a real idiot when I was looking up airline flights. I kept clicking on the date I wanted to fly out yet the results kept showing the flights for a month out, which kept coming back at $108. When I input the correct date, the prices are almost $500. Small setback but luckily, I have bonus points from years of spending to cover that.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
feel like a real idiot when I was looking up airline flights. I kept clicking on the date I wanted to fly out yet the results kept showing the flights for a month out, which kept coming back at $108. When I input the correct date, the prices are almost $500. Small setback but luckily, I have bonus points from years of spending to cover that.
Yeah, the absolute best way to use miles or points are on one way tickets bought on short notice. glad you're not going to get pounded by the airline companies!

Rammmer

Reaction score
Aaron reached out to me here and I spoke with him a bit this morning. I can genuinely say Aaron and the team at MD have been great to work with and they are trying their best to make things work out.

It seems like they're going to allow us the option of how we want to get the trucks shipped, which seems fair and completely reasonable. They'll quote the price for central dispatch, the more premium shipper, or allow us to use our own. Aaron also stated that it is not required to roll the shipping cost into the deal, so there shouldn't be additional negative tax implications unless you intentionally tried to set it up that way.

MD was having problems with some of the drivers on central dispatch, so it makes sense why they wanted to switch to a more reliable carrier. At least now the risk is in our court as far as pricing out risk of a cheaper versus more expensive carrier.

MD has got a ton of trucks in recently and these guys are probably super busy so it says a lot that they reach out to people individually to try to ensure folks are happy and understand what is going on.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My MD experience is coming up on its one year anniversary. Based on everyone I dealt with, mostly Aaron, I honestly can't see them doing anything sneaky or to screw over the customer. It wasn't just the easiest vehicle purchase I've had, it was probably the easiest 4+ figure purchase of any kind I have ever had. Even on the trade in side of the equation.

DegenRam

Reaction score
Ok now it’s not today. It’s “TBD” 😒
Mine went back and forth between TBD and a delivery date, I bet this means it's getting loaded off the train, I bet it gets delivered to MD this weekend.
Sounds like they are pretty busy, Mine got in last Sunday, they still haven't gotten through PDI, doesn't sound like it will be ready until next week.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does Mark Dodge match Ziegler on Max Care plans?

My parents are seniors so I am helping them with this purchase. They haven't signed anything yet, but have agreed in principle to the warranty MD offers at $100 over cost. It is 6 years, 70k miles they said. But there is no Max Care 6 year 70k Max Care offering according to what is on Ziegler site.

I seem to remember on here it being mentioned MD uses a third party warranty company.

I don't want them to spend thousands on a third party warranty and it not pay if they need to use it, which third party warranties are in business to find a way not to pay.

Thanks for any information on this.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Does Mark Dodge match Ziegler on Max Care plans?

My parents are seniors so I am helping them with this purchase. They haven't signed anything yet, but have agreed in principle to the warranty MD offers at $100 over cost. It is 6 years, 70k miles they said. But there is no Max Care 6 year 70k Max Care offering according to what is on Ziegler site.

I seem to remember on here it being mentioned MD uses a third party warranty company.

I don't want them to spend thousands on a third party warranty and it not pay if they need to use it, which third party warranties are in business to find a way not to pay.

Thanks for any information on this.
Pretty sure MD does use a third party, but not sure which one. If you prefer the Mopar warranty, I’d just purchase through Zeigler.

And don’t forget to use the discount code “payinfull” to get the lowest price.

Dunga

Reaction score
Get ready to wait another week or two.
Have they reached out to you? The tracker says my truck was delivered on the 13th. My schedule is sooo unbelievably tight. I can possibly make it work flying out next Monday and driving Monday-Tuesday. After that I’m working for 3 weeks straight. Ughhh.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
e
Have they reached out to you? The tracker says my truck was delivered on the 13th. My schedule is sooo unbelievably tight. I can possibly make it work flying out next Monday and driving Monday-Tuesday. After that I’m working for 3 weeks straight. Ughhh.
Yes, mine was delivered on the 9th. I initially emailed them and they let me know that due to their volume right now it would take about a week or so before they’re able to get the PDI done. After that they will reach back out. Aaron called me on Thursday of last week to let me know the process, he had me fill out the credit application and then from there he sent my paperwork over to finance but did tell me it would be probably today or tomorrow before they will reach out to me to complete the financing. Hoping to hear from them early today so I can complete the financing and then hopefully flying out there tonight or tomorrow and driving it back. Not getting my hopes up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online