5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

monkeypunch

Reaction score
That makes sense. I'm old (41), but not retired, and I have little kids at home so it'll be solo and as quick as possible for me. 😛
I'm half way considering taking my by then a 3 year old with me, if the flights are cheap enough. Carry on the car seat and seat cover.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Any idea if I can pick the truck up from the factory?

I know its a long shot, but the RAMs are built roughly 7 miles away from me. I'd hate to have the truck built, just to have it shipped all the way to MD, just for me to fly down there and drive it back up to where it was... Sure would be nice if that is an option...

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm half way considering taking my by then a 3 year old with me, if the flights are cheap enough. Carry on the car seat and seat cover.
Don't worry. By the time it's built and delivered, your child will be licensed and be able to help you drive it home!
;)

wvinson

Reaction score
Just found a truck at Mark Dodge on the lot like the one that got bought out from under me by the online sales manager at another dealer. any advice for which salesman to speak to or discount pricing? Point me in the right direction.

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Just found a truck at Mark Dodge on the lot like the one that got bought out from under me by the online sales manager at another dealer. any advice for which salesman to speak to or discount pricing? Point me in the right direction.

This is almost the extract same situation that happened to me but with an ordered truck (7 mos, no ETA still) and I happened across a Limited Night Edition on their lot I couldn't pass up on. Contacted Logan Desormeaux ([email protected] ) who got me setup in the truck and I made the 11hr drive down to get it and traded in my 19 QC. The drive was a pain but it was worth it. They did just about everything they could to make the process easy with no surprises.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

n7qpp

Reaction score
I was wondering why you can get a discounted truck if you order it but not the same discount on a truck on the lot.?

Joe

Yangster

Reaction score
I’ve skimmed through most of this thread and I didn’t see an answer I’m seeking, unless I missed it.

Is MD price a no haggle price, or do I need to work a deal? Most of what I’ve read, beside signing up with something like “Tread Lightly”, you just send them what you want and they give you their only price. Also, how does the trade in work if my build would not arrive for 5+ months? Obviously, in that amount of time, my truck value will drop due to mileage and age.
It's a no haggle price. The most common levels of pricing are: MSRP, Dealer Cost, Employee Cost (Stellantis employees get 5% under Dealer Cost) and then MD price. The MD price when I bought my truck was like $2k below Employee Cost. I had an EP #, but MD didn't use it and the price was below EP. Then you take off any rebates or other bonuses!

On the trade-in, they gave me a best guess price when I did my deal which was optional. When my truck came in, used car pricing went through the roof, so I was planning to sell it to the CarMax dealer which was relatively close to MD. I had my price which was about $5K more than the price MD initially told me. I told them that I was going to sell it to CarMax due to the price difference. They would not match it, but they came close enough that I took their offer. It was easy, just like the buying process. They sent docs electronically, I signed and then drove to MD from Atlanta. When I got their, I gave them the keys and deposit. They gave me my keys, walked me through the truck and off I went. They didn't even check my trade-in (which was a 2 yr old Lexus RX450h)!

4 weeks later, I rec'd my new plates and off came the temp tag from MD!

EJ84

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered either a jeep or a Dodge Durango from MD? Just wondering if the deals are comparable

Nova90

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered either a jeep or a Dodge Durango from MD? Just wondering if the deals are comparable
I haven't ordered yet, but Aaron gave me extremely good pricing on a Jeep Cherokee L when I asked him to price a build.

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a no haggle price. The most common levels of pricing are: MSRP, Dealer Cost, Employee Cost (Stellantis employees get 5% under Dealer Cost) and then MD price. The MD price when I bought my truck was like $2k below Employee Cost. I had an EP #, but MD didn't use it and the price was below EP. Then you take off any rebates or other bonuses!

On the trade-in, they gave me a best guess price when I did my deal which was optional. When my truck came in, used car pricing went through the roof, so I was planning to sell it to the CarMax dealer which was relatively close to MD. I had my price which was about $5K more than the price MD initially told me. I told them that I was going to sell it to CarMax due to the price difference. They would not match it, but they came close enough that I took their offer. It was easy, just like the buying process. They sent docs electronically, I signed and then drove to MD from Atlanta. When I got their, I gave them the keys and deposit. They gave me my keys, walked me through the truck and off I went. They didn't even check my trade-in (which was a 2 yr old Lexus RX450h)!

4 weeks later, I rec'd my new plates and off came the temp tag from MD!
Thanks for the info.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just took delivery and all I had was a license plate bracket.
Put up a picture.

anigif_sub-buzz-173-1578682289-6.gif

Users who are viewing this thread