5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Dusty19

Reaction score
What I'm getting at is to make sure the price they quote is one they'll honor when the truck is on their lot. I know for a fact MD will. Given what I've heard about Koons, I don't have the same confidence.
yikes! that is good to know. My gut says to go with MD, I just need to them match the price, or at least meet me at $42,000...

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yikes! that is good to know. My gut says to go with MD, I just need to them match the price, or at least meet me at $42,000...
I don't want you to think I'm trying to sway you one way or the other, just make sure you check into it. Some here have been happy with Koons and had no issues. Others have had issues with their destination and doc fees.

aussie_ram

Reaction score

My guess is that Koons is underquoting you to lock you in, and then will jack the price up on delivery and use the excuse that "you were not price protected". They have zero risk because they know whatever you order, they can sell on the lot probably within a week. I'm sure I read on this forum recently some bad stories from Koons.

Dusty19

Reaction score
My guess is that Koons is underquoting you to lock you in, and then will jack the price up on delivery and use the excuse that "you were not price protected". They have zero risk because they know whatever you order, they can sell on the lot probably within a week. I'm sure I read on this forum recently some bad stories from Koons.
This might explain the salesman’s constant pushing for me to sign papers. He did use the terms “lock you in” multiple times…

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This might explain the salesman’s constant pushing for me to sign papers. He did use the terms “lock you in” multiple times…
If a salesperson is pushing me I do business elsewhere. There's a ton of dealerships that want our business.

When I ordered mine I emailed and talked with 61 different dealerships.
I got all kinds of responses to you're asking price is crazy, no one can do that, we are not entertaining your bid, and the lot. But I also got several that attempted to get good pricing and even 1 that I used before who said to go with the other offer I got because it was too competitive for them to beat based upon the volume they sell and wasn't even a jerk about it or try to con me into paying more to get it from them.

aussie_ram

Reaction score

I have zero time for pushy sales people ... I work with them every day unfortunately.

This was why going with MD was so refreshing and a no brainer. Honestly didn't get "sold" anything, was just provided great, honest service up until now so that locked in the deal for me. If their sales guy is pushy though, wait until you have to deal with their finance manager....

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Plus isn't koons one of the dealers with a high doc fee and double dipping on destination charge? If so, add about $2600 in there. I'd definitely ask your pushy salesman for any fees the dealership has, and in writing. Best to communicate via email or text to keep everything on the record.

Agree with everyone else though, I'm good on pushy salespeople. This was my first time buying new (ordered) so it gave me a lot of flexibility with who to work with. Count me as another happy MD customer from 1500 miles away. I've heard of some other good dealers on here but I'm not sure any offer as complete of an experience overall, in addition to the competitive pricing. Some may but I just haven't heard enough feedback about the others to know as much as we do here about MD.

GFK51

Reaction score
Plus isn't koons one of the dealers with a high doc fee and double dipping on destination charge? If so, add about $2600 in there. I'd definitely ask your pushy salesman for any fees the dealership has, and in writing. Best to communicate via email or text to keep everything on the record.

Agree with everyone else though, I'm good on pushy salespeople. This was my first time buying new (ordered) so it gave me a lot of flexibility with who to work with. Count me as another happy MD customer from 1500 miles away. I've heard of some other good dealers on here but I'm not sure any offer as complete of an experience overall, in addition to the competitive pricing. Some may but I just haven't heard enough feedback about the others to know as much as we do here about MD.
Yes, Koons has a $899 processing fee, double dipping on destination charges, not to mention the horror show named the Finance Office.

Yangster

Reaction score
You need to check with Aaron or Jason Hedgecock at MD. You might have talked to a regular salesperson who can't offer the special pricing that Aaron and his dept offers.

Dusty19

Reaction score
You need to check with Aaron or Jason Hedgecock at MD. You might have talked to a regular salesperson who can't offer the special pricing that Aaron and his dept offers.
I have been speaking with Sandi and Renea.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have been speaking with Sandi and Renea.
What exactly are you trying to buy? Sandi told me they have set discounts on vehicles based upon msrp price.
For example this is what I got when I was comparing a TRX to a Laramie and Limited.

"On the TRX our discount is the same on all builds: over $90K - $9500 / under $90K - $8000"

I know the discount when I went from a Laramie to a Limited stayed the exact same, but these are expensive vehicles so i'm sure there's more wiggle room.
I ended up going with a 2022 Limited 1500 MSRP of 78k, sale price of 67k (not counting rebates or anything else)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to buy? Sandi told me they have set discounts on vehicles based upon msrp price.
For example this is what I got when I was comparing a TRX to a Laramie and Limited.

"On the TRX our discount is the same on all builds: over $90K - $9500 / under $90K - $8000"

I know the discount when I went from a Laramie to a Limited stayed the exact same, but these are expensive vehicles so i'm sure there's more wiggle room.
I ended up going with a 2022 Limited 1500 MSRP of 78k, sale price of 67k (not counting rebates or anything else)
Sorry I just saw what you were looking at.

You said you are trying to get 13% below invoice, so yes I think that's a bit far-fetched.
Unless you mean you are trying to get 13% below MSRP AFTER rebates which makes more sense considering I got my limited at around 16% below MRSP (after rebates).

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That's interesting about the TRX. So, if you optioned one to $89,500, you should add another option or two to get over $90K and they could be "free."

Dusty19

Reaction score
Sorry I just saw what you were looking at.

You said you are trying to get 13% below invoice, so yes I think that's a bit far-fetched.
Unless you mean you are trying to get 13% below MSRP AFTER rebates which makes more sense considering I got my limited at around 16% below MRSP (after rebates).
yes, 13-15% below MSRP after all applied rebates. I just got a price quote for a 22 BigHorn 1500 4x2 Crew with MSRP of $49,975 for $41,193 OTD. It's an "in transit" vehicle, but no ETA or ship date yet...

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Huh. That's weird. When I spoke with Sandi, she said, "I can usually only give you $8,000 off MSRP for that truck. But, tell you what: I like you. I'll give you $11,000 off. I'll make up the $3,000 difference by telling @Dusty19 I can only give him $5,000 off MSRP."

;)

TeeTheWorld

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing real world experience with Mark Dodge. I'm a first time truck buyer, probably looking at either a Laramie with Off-road package or a Rebel. Reached out to MD recently and found them very responsive as others here have noted. Have a couple quotes from them that no-one in my area can touch. Was at a local dealer today ( to test drive a Rebel, wanted to see how it felt compared to regular Laramie). He said best he could do was $1k below MSRP + any available rebates at time of delivery, MSRP was around $60k-ish. Another dealer I contacted by email responded and said "We are selling builds at MSRP which is awesome". LOL !
I asked the salesman I was sitting across the table from 'how about $6 or $7k below MSRP". He just laughed and said "thanks for coming in, have a nice day".
I think the only thing I need to figure out now is shipping costs from MD to the Pacific Northwest ( 2,400 miles to my address according to Google maps )
Given that MD is quoting me $7k under MSRP and as long as shipping is not going to eat up the $6k I can save over the local dealer ( who's offering me $1k under MSRP ) I think it's a no-brainer for who I should deal with. Not to mention the clean straight-forward no messing around, no bait-and-switch, no sneaky finance tricks that many of you have testified to with MD.
Any guesses on what shipping might cost me ? I know it'll be months out so hard to predict, but might I be looking at $1 / mile, or more or less than that ? A fly / drive home might be an option , it would be a fun road trip, I've never been to the South !, but then I'd have 2,400 miles on my new rig before it hit my driveway !
Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing real world experience with Mark Dodge. I'm a first time truck buyer, probably looking at either a Laramie with Off-road package or a Rebel. Reached out to MD recently and found them very responsive as others here have noted. Have a couple quotes from them that no-one in my area can touch. Was at a local dealer today ( to test drive a Rebel, wanted to see how it felt compared to regular Laramie). He said best he could do was $1k below MSRP + any available rebates at time of delivery, MSRP was around $60k-ish. Another dealer I contacted by email responded and said "We are selling builds at MSRP which is awesome". LOL !
I asked the salesman I was sitting across the table from 'how about $6 or $7k below MSRP". He just laughed and said "thanks for coming in, have a nice day".
I think the only thing I need to figure out now is shipping costs from MD to the Pacific Northwest ( 2,400 miles to my address according to Google maps )
Given that MD is quoting me $7k under MSRP and as long as shipping is not going to eat up the $6k I can save over the local dealer ( who's offering me $1k under MSRP ) I think it's a no-brainer for who I should deal with. Not to mention the clean straight-forward no messing around, no bait-and-switch, no sneaky finance tricks that many of you have testified to with MD.
Any guesses on what shipping might cost me ? I know it'll be months out so hard to predict, but might I be looking at $1 / mile, or more or less than that ? A fly / drive home might be an option , it would be a fun road trip, I've never been to the South !, but then I'd have 2,400 miles on my new rig before it hit my driveway !
$1500 to California, probably $2.5K to the NW…

Yangster

Reaction score
Does MD add dealer name stickers on the trucks (i.e. on the tailgate) or put on dealer mud flaps. I prefer to take delivery without any added paraphernalia. Thanks
Not on mine. The only thing with MD was the plastic license plate frame.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does MD add dealer name stickers on the trucks (i.e. on the tailgate) or put on dealer mud flaps. I prefer to take delivery without any added paraphernalia. Thanks
Mine had a red "Mark Dodge" sticker in the lower passenger side of the back window. And their name on the license plate bracket. And a "Mark Dodge" temporary front plate.

Users who are viewing this thread