5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Bigteeze

Reaction score
Bigteeze, do you know if these trucks all have "50 state emissions" standards ? Would hate to order a truck that was built and shipped to Louisiana, and get it back here and have Oregon DEQ shake their heads and say "nope, sorry,can't register that here" !
My understanding is that they are all 50-state emissions compliant. If I'm wrong, hopefully someone chimes in.

TSL

Reaction score
My understanding is that they are all 50-state emissions compliant. If I'm wrong, hopefully someone chimes in.
Actually, yes, you are right. I went to ramtrucks.com, to the very bottom of the main page, there's a bunch of links. There's one headed "Research" and under that is a link to Compare Models.
(https://www.ramtrucks.com/vehicle-selector.model-compare.html is the direct link ) . Expanding the Power Train items, the very last item in that section is "50 State Emissions" and that is checked as Standard for all trims EXCEPT for the TRX ! If you choose TRX as one of the trims, it says "not available" for the 50 State Emissions item. Well, that's not on my shopping list anyway !

Randboye

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing real world experience with Mark Dodge. I'm a first time truck buyer, probably looking at either a Laramie with Off-road package or a Rebel. Reached out to MD recently and found them very responsive as others here have noted. Have a couple quotes from them that no-one in my area can touch. Was at a local dealer today ( to test drive a Rebel, wanted to see how it felt compared to regular Laramie). He said best he could do was $1k below MSRP + any available rebates at time of delivery, MSRP was around $60k-ish. Another dealer I contacted by email responded and said "We are selling builds at MSRP which is awesome". LOL !
I asked the salesman I was sitting across the table from 'how about $6 or $7k below MSRP". He just laughed and said "thanks for coming in, have a nice day".
I think the only thing I need to figure out now is shipping costs from MD to the Pacific Northwest ( 2,400 miles to my address according to Google maps )
Given that MD is quoting me $7k under MSRP and as long as shipping is not going to eat up the $6k I can save over the local dealer ( who's offering me $1k under MSRP ) I think it's a no-brainer for who I should deal with. Not to mention the clean straight-forward no messing around, no bait-and-switch, no sneaky finance tricks that many of you have testified to with MD.
Any guesses on what shipping might cost me ? I know it'll be months out so hard to predict, but might I be looking at $1 / mile, or more or less than that ? A fly / drive home might be an option , it would be a fun road trip, I've never been to the South !, but then I'd have 2,400 miles on my new rig before it hit my driveway !
Fly in on a cheep flight ,rent a uhaul truck/and trailer, tow it back and putting the miles on there's. Just research the cost.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the Mark Dodge dealer code is 44690. This number is in parentheses next to their name but there is a different ordered by code......maybe that is the salespersons number.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the Mark Dodge dealer code is 44690. This number is in parentheses next to their name but there is a different ordered by code......maybe that is the salespersons number.
I'm 99% sure that's the dealer code. My order page has it in the address as the sold\ship to and it wouldn't make sense for that to be am employee number.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn’t know it before, but my employer is on the affiliates program. has anyone benefitted from that with their pricing from MD? I know they gave you a bit extra on tread lightly, etc.. wondering if this will help.

i’m going to send a request to them, just wondering what you guys have seen.
If you go through MK you are getting better pricing then the affiliates program. I ordered my truck on December 20th 2021. I wasted $100 on Tread Lightly thinking it would be worth it before finding out all the quotes were well below 1% under invoice.

But also as someone listed they are not available for the 1500 DTs so maybe if you are getting a 2500/3500 it might help. I know on 1500 DTs and TRX from MD they are giving better pricing already.

Best of luck!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the only thing I need to figure out now is shipping costs from MD to the Pacific Northwest ( 2,400 miles to my address according to Google maps )

2,400 miles shipping will be costly. Try these that are much closer to you

Rob Trachtman (954-864-5162) at Tuttle Click CDJR in Irvine, CA is 2% under invoice

Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Auburn, WA was also selling below invoice but I can’t confirm the %

Cda3488

Reaction score
Bigteeze, do you know if these trucks all have "50 state emissions" standards ? Would hate to order a truck that was built and shipped to Louisiana, and get it back here and have Oregon DEQ shake their heads and say "nope, sorry,can't register that here" !
Look at your build sheet, it says it on it.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rob Trachtman (954-864-5162) at Tuttle Click CDJR in Irvine, CA is 2% under invoice

Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Auburn, WA was also selling below invoice but I can’t confirm the %

I got a huge deal from Phillip Olson last year (ordered in Feb of 2021). Great to deal with: up front, informative, great guy. But...I'm 99.999% sure he's no longer affiliated with Bud Clary. If you can find Phillip, give him a shot.

ETA: Since this is a Mark Dodge thread, let me add that I had a great experience with Aaron on that purchase (that went to Phillip). So much so that I contacted Aaron for my next purchase and dealt with Sandi. Another outstanding experience.

Last edited:

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you go through MK you are getting better pricing then the affiliates program. I ordered my truck on December 20th 2021. I wasted $100 on Tread Lightly thinking it would be worth it before finding out all the quotes were well below 1% under invoice.

But also as someone listed they are not available for the 1500 DTs so maybe if you are getting a 2500/3500 it might help. I know on 1500 DTs and TRX from MD they are giving better pricing already.

Best of luck!
When I bought (July 2021,) MD knocked off $500 for the Tread Lightly affiliation, after they knocked of X% below invoice. Now, for all I know, they could have backed that $500 out of what they quoted below invoice and just added (subtracted) it at the end rather than at the beginning.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Is Philip Olson the guy the dealership ran off because he was quoting too good of deals? I remember a lot of talk about that happening to someone at Bud Clary back when I was first looking, but LA is much closer than WA for me.

Dusty19

Reaction score
Am I crazy for trying to get my $47,274 invoice price on one of these '22 BigHorn 1500 Crew Cab 4x2 below $41,000 after rebates? Koons has me at $41,543 after rebates, but I'm paying an additional $2,000 to ship the vehicle to AZ. Best deal so far before the shipping costs....

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Am I crazy for trying to get my $47,274 invoice price on one of these '22 BigHorn 1500 Crew Cab 4x2 below $41,000 after rebates? Koons has me at $41,543 after rebates, but I'm paying an additional $2,000 to ship the vehicle to AZ. Best deal so far before the shipping costs....
Mark Dodge couldn't beat that? What did they quote you for shipping?

Dusty19

Reaction score
Mark Dodge couldn't beat that? What did they quote you for shipping?
mark dodge has me at $47,077 + $444 Doc. Fee = $47,521 and will only qualify me for $3,000 in incentives so $44,521 OTD. Shipping from them is quoted at $1,120. To be fair, I did not try to negotiate with my sales rep yet. That's just the number they came back with initially and Koons went straight to the bottom on theirs.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
mark dodge has me at $47,077 + $444 Doc. Fee = $47,521 and will only qualify me for $3,000 in incentives so $44,521 OTD. Shipping from them is quoted at $1,120. To be fair, I did not try to negotiate with my sales rep yet. That's just the number they came back with initially and Koons went straight to the bottom on theirs.
Gotcha. I'd definitely see what MD can do. Also recommend taking a hard look at those numbers and what guarantee Koons can offer that the price won't change at delivery time.

Dusty19

Reaction score
I feel like its a bad look on my end to give them the "Koons gave me this price, can you beat it?" schtick... usually ends up with the response of "then I would take that deal" response haha. Never factory ordered a vehicle before, and definitely not from a high volume dealer, so I don't know what to expect as far as what's negotiable. It sounded like they just give you rock bottom pricing to begin with.

Dusty19

Reaction score
Gotcha. I'd definitely see what MD can do. Also recommend taking a hard look at those numbers and what guarantee Koons can offer that the price won't change at delivery time.
My salesman at Koons guaranteed me that pricing through end of day tomorrow, but I will keep my eyes peeled. He also said incentives were already applied, but the build sheet I was given had nothing on it in regards to incentives applied... and for a second, I thought I had an additional $3,000 in incentives off, which would have put me at $38,043 OTD!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like its a bad look on my end to give them the "Koons gave me this price, can you beat it?" schtick... usually ends up with the response of "then I would take that deal" response haha. Never factory ordered a vehicle before, and definitely not from a high volume dealer, so I don't know what to expect as far as what's negotiable. It sounded like they just give you rock bottom pricing to begin with.
Yeah, I probably wouldn't play it that way either. I'd just let them know I'm shopping around and tell them what I'm looking to pay or ask for their best and final number. Even letting them know you're looking at some other offers isn't a bad idea.

Only time I'd ever throw another dealer's offer out there is if they tell me my number isn't doable.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My salesman at Koons guaranteed me that pricing through end of day tomorrow, but I will keep my eyes peeled. He also said incentives were already applied, but the build sheet I was given had nothing on it in regards to incentives applied... and for a second, I thought I had an additional $3,000 in incentives off, which would have put me at $38,043 OTD!
What I'm getting at is to make sure the price they quote is one they'll honor when the truck is on their lot. I know for a fact MD will. Given what I've heard about Koons, I don't have the same confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online