5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Has anyone send a wire to Mark Dodge? I need to send them a wire for my truck today and I want to confirm the account number from a trusted source. They emailed me wire instructions but it was a photo of a letter from their bank. I'd like to get some corroboration

In our industry, when we're doing large wires we will get the photo/text of wire information then call the place and get them to read it out to us also. I would ask to speak to finance manager or someone similar, not just a receptionist.

pinkerton

Reaction score
In our industry, when we're doing large wires we will get the photo/text of wire information then call the place and get them to read it out to us also. I would ask to speak to finance manager or someone similar, not just a receptionist.
Will do - I was also hoping someone hear could corroborate but your plans is sound (thanks)

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone send a wire to Mark Dodge? I need to send them a wire for my truck today and I want to confirm the account number from a trusted source. They emailed me wire instructions but it was a photo of a letter from their bank. I'd like to get some corroboration
I just wired payment this morning. I'll post when they confirm they received it.

Hasti17

Reaction score
yea i did, ill pm you the info i was given

Runagun

Reaction score
I just wired payment this morning. I'll post when they confirm they received it.
Just curious if you asked them what the price would be with 0% financing? Not sure if it's available but maybe worthwhile to ask.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if you asked them what the price would be with 0% financing? Not sure if it's available but maybe worthwhile to ask.
I got 0% for the balance.

CRL125

Reaction score
Been informed by Sandi that my truck has an ETA to the port in Louisiana on 1/2. Any recent experience with a timeframe on how long the wait at the port was and trucking to MD? Apparently there are only 5 drivers in the state that are able to service all the dealerships in Louisiana.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Been informed by Sandi that my truck has an ETA to the port in Louisiana on 1/2. Any recent experience with a timeframe on how long the wait at the port was and trucking to MD? Apparently there are only 5 drivers in the state that are able to service all the dealerships in Louisiana.
Wow you received a KZ on 12/22 and you have an eta??? Lucky!! I got a WS on 12/24 and mine is just sitting there. Sure wish I had Sandy as a salesman cause I have no communication for any type of eta at all.

TSL

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing real world experience with Mark Dodge. I'm a first time truck buyer, probably looking at either a Laramie with Off-road package or a Rebel. Reached out to MD recently and found them very responsive as others here have noted. Have a couple quotes from them that no-one in my area can touch. Was at a local dealer today ( to test drive a Rebel, wanted to see how it felt compared to regular Laramie). He said best he could do was $1k below MSRP + any available rebates at time of delivery, MSRP was around $60k-ish. Another dealer I contacted by email responded and said "We are selling builds at MSRP which is awesome". LOL !
I asked the salesman I was sitting across the table from 'how about $6 or $7k below MSRP". He just laughed and said "thanks for coming in, have a nice day".
I think the only thing I need to figure out now is shipping costs from MD to the Pacific Northwest ( 2,400 miles to my address according to Google maps )
Given that MD is quoting me $7k under MSRP and as long as shipping is not going to eat up the $6k I can save over the local dealer ( who's offering me $1k under MSRP ) I think it's a no-brainer for who I should deal with. Not to mention the clean straight-forward no messing around, no bait-and-switch, no sneaky finance tricks that many of you have testified to with MD.
Any guesses on what shipping might cost me ? I know it'll be months out so hard to predict, but might I be looking at $1 / mile, or more or less than that ? A fly / drive home might be an option , it would be a fun road trip, I've never been to the South !, but then I'd have 2,400 miles on my new rig before it hit my driveway !

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing real world experience with Mark Dodge. I'm a first time truck buyer, probably looking at either a Laramie with Off-road package or a Rebel. Reached out to MD recently and found them very responsive as others here have noted. Have a couple quotes from them that no-one in my area can touch. Was at a local dealer today ( to test drive a Rebel, wanted to see how it felt compared to regular Laramie). He said best he could do was $1k below MSRP + any available rebates at time of delivery, MSRP was around $60k-ish. Another dealer I contacted by email responded and said "We are selling builds at MSRP which is awesome". LOL !
I asked the salesman I was sitting across the table from 'how about $6 or $7k below MSRP". He just laughed and said "thanks for coming in, have a nice day".
I think the only thing I need to figure out now is shipping costs from MD to the Pacific Northwest ( 2,400 miles to my address according to Google maps )
Given that MD is quoting me $7k under MSRP and as long as shipping is not going to eat up the $6k I can save over the local dealer ( who's offering me $1k under MSRP ) I think it's a no-brainer for who I should deal with. Not to mention the clean straight-forward no messing around, no bait-and-switch, no sneaky finance tricks that many of you have testified to with MD.
Any guesses on what shipping might cost me ? I know it'll be months out so hard to predict, but might I be looking at $1 / mile, or more or less than that ? A fly / drive home might be an option , it would be a fun road trip, I've never been to the South !, but then I'd have 2,400 miles on my new rig before it hit my driveway !
$1 a mile is pretty accurate. I believe estimates to CA were about $1500 or so, so $2-2.5k is about right. The drive if you can do it would be a once in a lifetime. This will be my 2nd time driving a new truck back from the south and it's amazing, going through texas, new mexico, az etc.

Runagun

Reaction score
There's Dave Smith out by you that does deals. Try that first

Nova90

Reaction score
I paid $900 to ship about 1,400 or so miles from LA to PA.

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
There's Dave Smith out by you that does deals. Try that first
I just asked for a quote from Dave Smith (I guess they don't deal anymore)
" I see you are wanting to know the price of the pickup that you built out. It is going to be the MSRP price of that vehicle. Once that vehicle comes in, we would take off any rebates at the time you would take delivery."
I haven't responded yet, but I'm thinking No!

Runagun

Reaction score
I just asked for a quote from Dave Smith (I guess they don't deal anymore)
" I see you are wanting to know the price of the pickup that you built out. It is going to be the MSRP price of that vehicle. Once that vehicle comes in, we would take off any rebates at the time you would take delivery."
I haven't responded yet, but I'm thinking No!
Wow, ok. My bad for mentioning it. Just thinking cause on location for you. But yeah can't beat MD. I bought my truck from them in Feb this year and had it shipped to Illinois. Cost was around $950. I think mileage was 1100 miles. For you I'd think 2x+ the cost. I'd check a uship quote and see if numbers work for you. Either way Good luck!

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
When my SiriusXM was active I used to hear ads for Dave Smith all the time. They had 20+% off and would pay for your airline ticket to fly you in. I believe they're under new ownership and just want msrp like all my dealers in Colorado. So glad I found MD, and when I pick my truck up I will be parading it around the local dealers lots. Thinking about getting a huge billboard in the bed, "get 12% off msrp, ask me how"

Last edited:

Bigteeze

Reaction score
My initial quote to Oregon from MD was 1500-2k. When my truck eventually gets built, I can let you know what the shipping cost actually ends up being.

TSL

Reaction score
My initial quote to Oregon from MD was 1500-2k. When my truck eventually gets built, I can let you know what the shipping cost actually ends up being.
Bigteeze, do you know if these trucks all have "50 state emissions" standards ? Would hate to order a truck that was built and shipped to Louisiana, and get it back here and have Oregon DEQ shake their heads and say "nope, sorry,can't register that here" !

Users who are viewing this thread