5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was just told that they can not do the 1,000 or 1750 bonus cash(email) if I take the 2.9%. I read a lot of post earlier about them accepting them along with the lower rates.
You can always just ask what bank the loan would be with, and call yourself and get the same rate or lower.
Dealers get a % of your loan on top of whatever your rate would be.

If you know your credit score you can just call around to random banks and ask them for the info.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just told that they can not do the 1,000 or 1750 bonus cash(email) if I take the 2.9%. I read a lot of post earlier about them accepting them along with the lower rates.
could be RAM not allowing. If i understand this bonus cash thing correctly, RAM reimburses the dealers for the bonus cash amount that we don't pay. For instance, I used $1000 so that took $1k off my price, but MD is not gonna eat that themselves. So RAM writes a check for $1000 and send it to MD to cover that $1000 I didn't pay.
Now, given the economy has turned to crap, RAM probably changed their policies on the reimbursement so MD cannot take it.

Twil6

Reaction score
Mark Dodge was upfront and tried to make everything I gave them work. I know ultimately sometimes it comes down to Ram and not the dealership. Mark Dodge is more than fair and on the up and up. I was just doing the best I could to get another 1-2k off, but either way I will end up with the truck I wanted.

Twil6

Reaction score
Deal is done. Very easy finance with Melinda was a breeze. She offered all the usual and didnt ask again after a polite “no thank you”. Overall transaction from Sandi, Art and Melinda was great. I guess I can post the pics they sent now

Attachments

• E66EBF54-4639-40D2-9EC3-47EBAA7624A2.jpeg
    E66EBF54-4639-40D2-9EC3-47EBAA7624A2.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 268951B8-BEF4-406C-810B-F35D0682EC23.jpeg
    268951B8-BEF4-406C-810B-F35D0682EC23.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 89

PoopsMcGee

Reaction score
Are they offering these rates only on previously ordered vehicles? I'm still debating between a tundra or a ram but 4.9 vs 2.9 would be a big difference

Twil6

Reaction score
Finally got to drive truck today! Its been a long 3.5 months without a truck. I was actually getting used to driving the car, but today just brought it all back. Side note I kinda forgot I ordered with 3.92 as my 21" has 3.21. I don't tow, but got the gears just in case I go bigger tires and lift. I know people are going to kill me, but I did not notice a difference and I did not even think about until I was putting all the paperwork away since I have the truck and went over all the specs again to make sure truck has everything I ordered. Guess I don't drive as fast off the line as I thought I did cause I thought I would be able to tell.

I will probably keep driving the car a few days a week to save some miles since I have a decent commute

Antnida

Reaction score
For those that got the vehicle shipped, can you share the company info? I am buying a used RAM from the East coast n would like to ship it to CA. Thanks

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that got the vehicle shipped, can you share the company info? I am buying a used RAM from the East coast n would like to ship it to CA. Thanks
in my case it's a shipper that works with MD. I had them ship to SoCal.

Twil6

Reaction score
So for any Texas buyer that bought between 30-60 days ago, did you receive your plates. Just curios about current wait times from state.
Thanks

Olbez

Reaction score
in my case it's a shipper that works with MD. I had them ship to SoCal.

Hey, I’m in SoCal as well and will be shipping my truck from MD when it arrives from the factory. Would you mind sharing how much was the shipping and what to look out for?

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Hey, I’m in SoCal as well and will be shipping my truck from MD when it arrives from the factory. Would you mind sharing how much was the shipping and what to look out for?
Mine will be shipped to SoCal as well. Currently, the truck is enroute to MD...information regarding shipping will be very appreciated

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i paid $1200 iirc. I was the last truck on that convoy to SoCal and turned out 3 out of 4 trucks on that trailer belong to my friend's and my customers.
The shipping agent from MD quoted $1200-1300 or $1300-1400 for shipping and i just said "you said $1200?" (or whichever is the lowest number he gave me) and dude paused for a couple seconds and said "yeah, $1200 (or whichever number was the lowest he gave me)"
I'm not sure being the last truck on that trip helped me or not though, since I was toying with flying out to meet the team and drive it back or just have it shipped. My truck was so last minute that I confirmed shipping right before closing time on Thursday (and the semi was scheduled to leave for SoCal Friday morning). I skipped on the wash from MD (which was fine with me, since it'd get dirty during the shipping process anyways) but MD does a last visual check after they wash it before loading. Shipping agent informed me that they had multiple pairs of eyes checking the truck when it arrived from SHAP, so I thought it was fine to skip the last visual check. They did however squeezed in time to fill the whole tank for me.

You don't have to front anything. You pay cash when the driver delivers it to you. (iirc you can do money order or cashier's check, just not personal checks and no cards. Cash is always easier since you don't have to pay the bank or USPS or Western Union any processing fee)

One thing to note from my experience is that they basically overnight it from MD, even though shipping agent quote you approximately 4 calendar days. In my case, truck left MD on Friday around noon-ish and I was estimated (by the shipping agent at MD) Tuesday-Thursday delivery, but they arrived at Riverside, CA by Saturday night. They took Sunday off and Monday when I called the driver to ask for delivery time frame, they told me they'd drop it off at my place in a few hours.

So the biggest thing (when it comes to MD's trucking company) is that call the driver day before your estimated arrival date to confirm whether they will be early, on time, or delayed.

Then once the truck is unloaded to you, go through the truck (your truck, not the semi that carried your truck to you ;) ) to make sure there's no scratches, dings, dents, or whatever. If everything checks out, hand the man his money, sign the paper, and he will give you your keys. Shake the man's hand, wish him happy new years and safe travels, and offer him some soda or water (if you have them on hand) before saying goodbye. It is your discretion whether to tip the man or not; I would if it's pouring outside. Be nice to people, that's one thing this place needs the most.

Finally, take your brand new truck around the block for a spin to make sure everything drives fine too.

Mine will be shipped to SoCal as well. Currently, the truck is enroute to MD...information regarding shipping will be very appreciated

Kumba1010

Reaction score
i paid $1200 iirc. I was the last truck on that convoy to SoCal and turned out 3 out of 4 trucks on that trailer belong to my friend's and my customers.
The shipping agent from MD quoted $1200-1300 or $1300-1400 for shipping and i just said "you said $1200?" (or whichever is the lowest number he gave me) and dude paused for a couple seconds and said "yeah, $1200 (or whichever number was the lowest he gave me)"
I'm not sure being the last truck on that trip helped me or not though, since I was toying with flying out to meet the team and drive it back or just have it shipped. My truck was so last minute that I confirmed shipping right before closing time on Thursday (and the semi was scheduled to leave for SoCal Friday morning). I skipped on the wash from MD (which was fine with me, since it'd get dirty during the shipping process anyways) but MD does a last visual check after they wash it before loading. Shipping agent informed me that they had multiple pairs of eyes checking the truck when it arrived from SHAP, so I thought it was fine to skip the last visual check. They did however squeezed in time to fill the whole tank for me.

You don't have to front anything. You pay cash when the driver delivers it to you. (iirc you can do money order or cashier's check, just not personal checks and no cards. Cash is always easier since you don't have to pay the bank or USPS or Western Union any processing fee)

One thing to note from my experience is that they basically overnight it from MD, even though shipping agent quote you approximately 4 calendar days. In my case, truck left MD on Friday around noon-ish and I was estimated (by the shipping agent at MD) Tuesday-Thursday delivery, but they arrived at Riverside, CA by Saturday night. They took Sunday off and Monday when I called the driver to ask for delivery time frame, they told me they'd drop it off at my place in a few hours.

So the biggest thing (when it comes to MD's trucking company) is that call the driver day before your estimated arrival date to confirm whether they will be early, on time, or delayed.

Then once the truck is unloaded to you, go through the truck (your truck, not the semi that carried your truck to you ;) ) to make sure there's no scratches, dings, dents, or whatever. If everything checks out, hand the man his money, sign the paper, and he will give you your keys. Shake the man's hand, wish him happy new years and safe travels, and offer him some soda or water (if you have them on hand) before saying goodbye. It is your discretion whether to tip the man or not; I would if it's pouring outside. Be nice to people, that's one thing this place needs the most.

Finally, take your brand new truck around the block for a spin to make sure everything drives fine too.
Thanks for the details

coldhammer

Reaction score
Truck is currently on a train, heading down to MD - still debating on whether I want to fly down and drive it back to KC area, or have it shipped.

Twil6

Reaction score
Well Mark Dodge handle the registration part great. Got my truck 12/23. Did inspection next day. They received all the paperwork from me on 12/28. She said would process by 1/2/2023. Plates arrived today 1/24. That is pretty fast for Texas standards where some dealers have you waiting way longer than 30 days. I am impressed cause all this was during Christmas and new year's.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oh I should add that I got a $165 refund from MD just recently for my registration. So not only they covered the $145 difference that SD state said was short, but also refunded me $165.

I'm not sure what happened there but... I'll not say no to money given to me lol

Scout4

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up their truck recently? If so, did they offer to pick you up from the Houston Airport? I've read that they've offered this service in the past. I asked my salesman yesterday and he said they'll only pick you up from the Lake Charles airport. I don't mind renting a car but I'm just wondering if this is something they are still doing. I could have them deliver to the airport but I'd like to be the one to put the first "real" miles on my truck.. I'll be on a very tight time schedule and there aren't many (convenient) flights into Lake Charles.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone picked up their truck recently? If so, did they offer to pick you up from the Houston Airport? I've read that they've offered this service in the past. I asked my salesman yesterday and he said they'll only pick you up from the Lake Charles airport. I don't mind renting a car but I'm just wondering if this is something they are still doing. I could have them deliver to the airport but I'd like to be the one to put the first "real" miles on my truck.. I'll be on a very tight time schedule and there aren't many (convenient) flights into Lake Charles.
Not sure pick you up is the correct term.

They will drive your truck to you.

There are a few cheap hotels within walking distance from MD. You will need a taxi to get from the airport to the hotel though.

Users who are viewing this thread