5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make Your Own TRX!

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
We looked into the TRX bumper and, believe it or not, it's the same size as the regular Rebel's. If you look at pictures, Ram was able to create a front bumper "flare" to fit to the wider front panels. We're, sort of, doing a similar thing to this one.
Do you happen to know the part number of the flare? With the wider fender flares that I put on, I was considering adding the bumper flare to give it more of an even look.

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
One last picture of the drivers side in it's current state showing a wide shot with tolerances all corrected (for the most part)
Looks good man, I feel your pain. On my last Audi, I purchased a full RS3 front clip from Germany...Everything had to be touched! fenders widened, hood massaged and painted etc.

Keep up the good work, it's coming together!

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Love the project, if you afford it and it makes you happy that's all that matters! #builtnotbought

ereeber

Reaction score
Here's a quick update of the project. This took almost 3 months to complete. Body work is finished. All that is left is the supercharger and inner wheel wells, along with some body structure support modifications.

Attachments

• IMG_5690.jpg
    IMG_5690.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_5691.jpg
    IMG_5691.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG_5694.jpg
    IMG_5694.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_5697.jpg
    IMG_5697.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_5698.jpg
    IMG_5698.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 993

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here's a quick update of the project. This took almost 3 months to complete. Body work is finished. All that is left is the supercharger and inner wheel wells, along with some body structure support modifications.
Looks great!

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Damn that looks clean. Great job! How much are you in it with just the body work? Not the suspension/tires/wheels

ereeber

Reaction score
Damn that looks clean. Great job! How much are you in it with just the body work? Not the suspension/tires/wheels
About $12K, as there needed to be many modifications to the fenders in order to get them to fit, including new mounting points and structural supports. The fenders DO NOT fit well out of the box. Lot's of fiberglass, sanding, fitting and repeat.... Well over 200 hours of work. We're just about done with the inner wheel wells and I'm going to enjoy it through the summer. I'll do the engine work over the winter.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I am still awaiting the Whipple, but it turns out that the design had a flaw in it and they needed to go back to the drawing board. I'll post updates as soon as I hear back from Whipple. Thanks guys!
Project is awesome!!! Any idea what he flaw was? Seems super weird considering there hasn't been many changes in the engine recently. Keep us updated. If you need rear TRX tow Hooks, we have the brackets to mount them.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whipple says that right out of the box it'll give me 150 - 170HP with a super safe tune, bringing it to approximately 570HP. Plenty for a pick up truck, in my opinion. With exhaust, intake, and pulley, and a bit more aggressive tune, I could get pretty close. I have a built motor on standy by, but don't really see a reason to swamp it until the stock goes on me.
There’s a post somewhere on here of someone adding the whipple in similar fashion on a NON-lifted truck and dyno’d at 495hp. Just a heads up.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
There’s a post somewhere on here of someone adding the whipple in similar fashion on a NON-lifted truck and dyno’d at 495hp. Just a heads up.
495 is at the wheels, 570 would be at the crank. Stock these trucks are “listed as” 395 at the crank and usually around 330’s at the wheels.

bogeyb00

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing...I'm sure parts will be available in about a 6 months to a year for the TRX when people start crashing them! LOL. Junk yard and dealership fenders, hood and bed might be available for roughly the same price = Body kit+ labor
Hey there Rebelmtnbiker

my dealer says the TRX fenders are in stock and will fit my Rebel…any additional thoughts on this would be appreciated!,

thx!

REBELmtnbiker

Reaction score
Hey there Rebelmtnbiker

my dealer says the TRX fenders are in stock and will fit my Rebel…any additional thoughts on this would be appreciated!,

thx!
Thats good to know. I guess the only thing to do is purchase them and see how everything else lines up and go from there.

Hood
Grill
Headlights
Bumper

What about the bed? Is that available as well?

Users who are viewing this thread