5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LUYED LED- New (Frugal) LED Reverse Light.

Jakecukich

Reaction score
I installed this and it definitely meets my needs. I did use curt connectors to make removal easier if I want to. I was looking at a different set up but did not want to risk the tail gate damage some have reported. This works, install was easy
What wires did you connect to the curt harness? Just ordered one off amazon.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I appreciate it.. so I didn’t order the male end connector, so question, would it be alright for me to just clip off the female end and heat shrink onto those? Wouldn’t that be the same thing?
Yep. You’ll be fine.
Some of us do that for the added convenience.

rxit

Reaction score
Jake, I think you will be pleased with it. This was an easy install and it works great.

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Jake, I think you will be pleased with it. This was an easy install and it works great.
Let’s hope, I’ve never been good with electrical stuff.. I can build an LS motor with my eyes closed but this, this is hard

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Got this much tonight, install tmr when it’s warmer lol. Heated garage is out of commission right now

Attachments

• FFA45FF8-2E05-49A6-A586-A5A724FEAC4D.jpeg
    FFA45FF8-2E05-49A6-A586-A5A724FEAC4D.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 386

rxit

Reaction score
I've got some more work to do on mine as well. Thinking of waiting until Sunday or Monday for the rest as we are supposed to warm up a bit.

Jakecukich

Reaction score
I've got some more work to do on mine as well. Thinking of waiting until Sunday or Monday for the rest as we are supposed to warm up a bit.
Just gotta plug this in and make sure it lights up, lol crossing my fingers

wahudiditagain

Reaction score
did you use a different wiring connector to connect two of these lights to the reverse lights on the trailer connection?

I soldered them in to the wiring harness that goes into the bumper, then taped over it very, very well. I followed the diagram that was in the original post.

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Now question, if I hook up my jet ski trailer, will everything work in order?

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Done!

Attachments

• 24C3FBA8-0E31-4DC6-9B29-B8CFEBE08493.jpeg
    24C3FBA8-0E31-4DC6-9B29-B8CFEBE08493.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 423
  • 88897E54-EA13-4DA4-B33F-FFDE2CCAA8E2.jpeg
    88897E54-EA13-4DA4-B33F-FFDE2CCAA8E2.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 426

ramhead

Reaction score
hey, i just got mine installed, very easy although i don’t really like the T connector, i solder the wire together. One correction to your instruction below, it should be black to black and white to Red wire paring. :)

Yeah..you did it right. T Connectors are a cheap, fast way to make connections but over time they fail, esp. where there might be a lot of movement in the wiring. And if they don't fail they can cause intermittent on/off issues. Soldering is always the best way to do it (and then use shrink tubing if possible).

Nice upgrade though....but one other concern I'd have is the long term longevity of the 3M tape in such a location being exposed to rain water, dirt, road salt, etc. Could wind up having it fall off while driving.

Users who are viewing this thread