5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LUYED LED- New (Frugal) LED Reverse Light.

clazer

Reaction score
Just installed the dual Luyed setup- works great! Thanks for the write up!

clazer

Reaction score
Doesn't count if you done have pics :).

I mounted a pair but the wiring is incorrect and I haven't bothered to correct yet.
Mine would just be a duplicate of wahudiditagain’s post- same Mount location and angles.
Move that wire! Don’t want to melt it

TNSmokee

Reaction score

KRField

Reaction score
Those that did the T-harness does the truck show a trailer plugged in with this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EGJ16

Reaction score
So from what I gathered for the LUYED wires, red to reverse and black to ground?

I didn't even think to test it before and already did all the wiring for the lights. Its ready to be plugged into the curt harness once it gets here. If I have to, I’ll just do it over lol

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So from what I gathered for the LUYED wires, red to reverse and black to ground?

I didn't even think to test it before and already did all the wiring for the lights. Its ready to be plugged into the curt harness once it gets here. If I have to, I’ll just do it over lol
That's correct.

sparty569

Reaction score
With this connector, will it replace having to Splice lines in place? Can I just plug this in, connect the lights and go, essentially?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With this connector, will it replace having to Splice lines in place? Can I just plug this in, connect the lights and go, essentially?
Yes, the curt harness plugs into the truck creating an extra 5 pin flat connector. You solder your lights into the other flat pin connector, plug and mount.

TVANVA

Reaction score
I've also added a pair of these lights using the Curt adapter harness and they work great. Vast improvement to night time backup camera views.

I've had trouble in the past with two sided tape breaking loose over time, so I used a bolted on attachment. Basically just a scrap aluminum plate bolted to the plastic trim, with the light bolted to the plate. I was careful to make it last by use of stainless steel hardware, waterproof heatshrink crimp connectors, and strapping the new wires to existing harnesses with lots of wire ties. I have about three months in service with no issues.

Note that in the first picture, the view is looking up. Looking at it while standing, you can just see the LED housing as a small bump down on the trim.
IMG_1883.JPG
IMG_1885.JPG
IMG_1888.JPG

Very worthwhile mod that didn't cost a lot!

Rhombus

Reaction score
I’m running the same setup with the curt harness. Very easy install and I love these lights.

sparty569

Reaction score
Yes, the curt harness plugs into the truck creating an extra 5 pin flat connector. You solder your lights into the other flat pin connector, plug and mount.
If you wanted to do 2, would you just solder both to the same connector and use 1 harness? Or would you have to daisy chain them / would that even work?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you wanted to do 2, would you just solder both to the same connector and use 1 harness? Or would you have to daisy chain them / would that even work?
I did two, just solder two wires from the lights into one wire on the 5 pin flat connector.

Gumpa

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread