5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered the rear 2" last night.

Talpa

Reaction score
That’s great to hear the ride is un changed and you got a level out come. I wonder why some people get the 2” drop and others don’t?
All in personal preference

Chuck19

Reaction score
All in personal preference
Sorry should have been more specific. What I was meaning is I wonder why not everyone that lowers the rear gets the full 2” drop that these springs advertise. Some only get 1.5” or 1” and then some get the advertised 2” drop. I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones to get the full 2” drop!

Firebird

Reaction score
Sorry should have been more specific. What I was meaning is I wonder why not everyone that lowers the rear gets the full 2” drop that these springs advertise. Some only get 1.5” or 1” and then some get the advertised 2” drop. I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones to get the full 2” drop!
I’m wondering if it depends on what brand of springs you go with? I went with the accessory partners 2 inch lowering springs on my truck, and have been very happy with how much drop I got out of them. I am almost level, just slightly higher in the rear, but it is not enough to make the truck not look level.

Chuck19

Reaction score
I’m wondering if it depends on what brand of springs you go with? I went with the accessory partners 2 inch lowering springs on my truck, and have been very happy with how much drop I got out of them. I am almost level, just slightly higher in the rear, but it is not enough to make the truck not look level.
I would agree with that but I believe most people on this thread are using accessory partners springs and still getting some variance in the amount of drop they get. Some are 2” some are 1.5” and I think a few have only gotten 1”. Just curious is all

hughey79

Reaction score
After reading through this thread this past week. I pulled the trigger on Wednesday and bought the lowering springs. They got delivered yesterday. Watching many say how easy this was and some had to do more than others I figured heck I can do this easily and quick.
Usually do all my own work on my vehicles except the family ride it goes to the dealership.

Got the rear lifted up on stands. Jack under the axle. Undid the shocks. Yep needed more room. Removed the tires. Hmm still not quite enough give so unhooked the sway bar. The passenger side came out pretty easily but the drivers side was more of a pain. Had to use a ratchet strap then it popped out. Okay good. How the heck did you all get the nubs on the rubber isolated to go back into their holes? 99% on the passenger side sure they aren't in and 100% sure on the drivers side they are not. The springs are in the their correct positions in the rubber isolator however. Is it a big deal that the nubs are not back in the holes? Took me a little over an hour or so to do it beginning to end.

Got it all put back together and it looks great. I did measurements before and after as well as pics. It dropped 1.75 inches. Tool box doesn't have to much weight in it. When it first was taken off of the stands it seems the rear was a tad bit lower. Not anymore. Hoping for no rear noises. Only drove it around the neighborhood quick before parking it again. Been saving miles with Covid lately and car pooling to work in the Durango. Basically been sitting for a month and a half on a battery tender.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks! EC678EE8-4ED6-45F9-B8AE-FCF6114F2AF3.jpeg 93D36412-B583-42CB-928D-CACF426ECBA2.jpeg 326333C1-A418-4A85-8B79-A0D889E8F84F.jpeg 22197E3F-FF9D-410A-8D8B-228470FE5873.jpeg

Last edited:

Mpickwith

Reaction score
After reading through this thread this past week. I pulled the trigger on Wednesday and bought the lowering springs. They got delivered yesterday. Watching many say how easy this was and some had to do more than others I figured heck I can do this easily and quick.
Usually do all my own work on my vehicles except the family ride it goes to the dealership.

Got the rear lifted up on stands. Jack under the axle. Undid the shocks. Yep needed more room. Removed the tires. Hmm still not quite enough give so unhooked the sway bar. The passenger side came out pretty easily but the drivers side was more of a pain. Had to use a ratchet strap then it popped out. Okay good. How the heck did you all get the nubs on the rubber isolated to go back into their holes? 99% on the passenger side sure they aren't in and 100% sure on the drivers side they are not. The springs are in the their correct positions in the rubber isolator however. Is it a big deal that the nubs are not back in the holes? Took me a little over an hour or so to do it beginning to end.

Got it all put back together and it looks great. I did measurements before and after as well as pics. It dropped 1.75 inches. Tool box doesn't have to much weight in it. When it first was taken off of the stands it seems the rear was a tad bit lower. Not anymore. Hoping for no rear noises. Only drove it around the neighborhood quick before parking it again. Been saving miles with Covid lately and car pooling to work in the Durango. Basically been sitting for a month and a half on a battery tender.

Let me know what you all think. Thanks! View attachment 54802 View attachment 54803 View attachment 54804 View attachment 54805

Looks great I’ve been happy with the ride in mine. Wife didn’t even notice until someone at her work said something lol. I just put the Hellwig on yesterday and it definitely helps to have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just finished lowering the rear with Pro Suspension springs, also a Hellwig sway bar. Probably still settling but almost completely level, maybe half to quarter inch of difference front to rear. The lower center of gravity combined the stiffer bar has made a night and day difference in handling, also looks so much better

datammwv13

Reaction score
Just finished lowering the rear with Pro Suspension springs, also a Hellwig sway bar. Probably still settling but almost completely level, maybe half to quarter inch of difference front to rear. The lower center of gravity combined the stiffer bar has made a night and day difference in handling, also looks so much better
Installed the rear springs from Accessory Partners this morning. Took about 1 1/2 hrs (tire rotation too). Fairly easy job. As previously mentioned. I installed down hitch, then jacked up from hitch, put jack stands in front of control arms. Then put another floor jack below axle for support. Removed top Swap bar bold, removed lower shock bolt. My drivers side spring I could pull right out, my passenger side I just pushed a little down on the axle. (jack was all the way down) Installed very easy into exact spots then jacked axle up and installed bottom shock bolt 1st, then had to jack up a little more then install Sway bar bolt.

I went from 39" to 37" exactly.

Attachments

• lowered1.jpg
    lowered1.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 181
  • passlow.jpg
    passlow.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 178
  • springs.jpg
    springs.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Prior to lower.jpg
    Prior to lower.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 179

Chuck19

Reaction score
I’m installing mine tomorrow and am concerned since I have a quad cab I won’t get the full 2” drop because of the lighter weight. I will report back tomorrow with my results.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now that the rear is 2 inches lower, is it worth while to get sway bar links that are 2 inches shorter? I see that lifted trucks get longer links so the opposite might be true

Chuck19

Reaction score
Well I completed the install today and am pretty pleased with the results. The ride is great and the look is great too except for the fact that the passenger side only came down 1” instead of 1.5 like the drivers side. Not sure if i am going to cut the spring to make the passenger side even but honestly its not the springs its the body of the truck. Frame height is dead on but center wheel to wheel fender is off so nothing against the springs. Even the front on the drivers side is lower than the passenger side. I have had this issue on all my fords i have owned and one Chevy and it used to drive me crazy but i guess i am starting to accept it now lol! Any ways Here is a pic of the finished product from the trucks good side :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• B6A34C3D-0D0C-4E16-BF61-F60821E13A0E.jpeg
    B6A34C3D-0D0C-4E16-BF61-F60821E13A0E.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 199
  • A1610278-4DC8-4233-9A83-BF698F420366.jpeg
    A1610278-4DC8-4233-9A83-BF698F420366.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 198

crazycrew

Reaction score
Installed my maxtrac 2” springs. I cut 1 coil off the top. Sits dead level and rides amazing.
Got PN by chance? Couldn't find those on maxtrac site. Also is your's 2wd or 4wd

PN for those ProSuspension springs?

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
Just a simple 2" lowering spring in the rear makes all the difference.
So for less than $150 and about a hour of your time you can make the truck level and look so much better without the factory rake. Just a option instead of raising the front to get the truck level.
Bill

View attachment 14668 View attachment 14670

I was on the fence about doing this, but these photos sold me. Springs ordered!

crazycrew

Reaction score
So, from what I gather, the maxtrac/pro suspension/ accessories partners is all the same spring!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread