5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered Laramie Sport

chad202

Reaction score
Not going to happen

With the coil over suspension up front there are not going to be as many suspension options as there was with the 4th gen. You would have to go with a 3/5 or a 4/6 drop and add a spacer on top of the coil over to get the desired drop you want.

My GMs has coilovers up front and bell tech had adjustable struts that would go from a 2”drop to a 2”lift or every 1/2” in between. Why wouldn’t that work on 5th gen rams??

SupremeWill

Reaction score
My GMs has coilovers up front and bell tech had adjustable struts that would go from a 2”drop to a 2”lift or every 1/2” in between. Why wouldn’t that work on 5th gen rams??

It would, but Rams tends to not get much love. Hopefully it will happen eventually.

BigBoi

Reaction score
Any word on a drop kit for the 2WD’s with factory air ride? I’ve been searching and can’t find anything out there. I wanted the Limited trim level, but couldn’t get it without factory air ride, now I can’t find anything to lower it with other than setting to entry/exit mode and that’s just not low enough for me.

LoRAM

Reaction score
Any word on a drop kit for the 2WD’s with factory air ride? I’ve been searching and can’t find anything out there. I wanted the Limited trim level, but couldn’t get it without factory air ride, now I can’t find anything to lower it with other than setting to entry/exit mode and that’s just not low enough for me.
I haven’t seen anything new posted on their website, unfortunately.

Bigty

Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie Sport from the shop last night, it was lowered 3” in front and 5” in the rear with a kit from Inez Hotrods. The front was done with upper and lower control arms, and the rear with springs and 4-link relocation. Tires are 285/45/22.
Pardon my ignorance....is that 4x or 2wd? I have a 4x quad cab i might lower :)

TeenRam

Reaction score
It’s been about 6 months. How has the kit been holding up?

Scr8pin

Reaction score

What about this Kit? its adjustable ive seen a few trucks on this in pics, just not sure of the quality...…..

Scr8pin

Reaction score
The maxtrac kit could help out on a slight drop...…. its and adjustable coilover up front and 4 inch springs, I was thinking of using an ihc 4/6 kit, c notch and coilover in the front and going 5/7, my ram doesn't have the active air dam...….

lrobbi

Reaction score
I love the MaxTrac 2”/4” drop. Installed it about two weeks ago - I did add an upgrade to the rear.... QA1 adjustable shocks (TD903). Smoooth ride!

Scr8pin

Reaction score
I love the MaxTrac 2”/4” drop. Installed it about two weeks ago - I did add an upgrade to the rear.... QA1 adjustable shocks (TD903). Smoooth ride!
any pics of the MaxTrac 2”/4” drop installed on your truck? And is there a notch for a 3 inch drop in the front on the struts?

lrobbi

Reaction score
any pics of the MaxTrac 2”/4” drop installed on your truck? And is there a notch for a 3 inch drop in the front on the struts?
I need to take a few pics. to post. You can drop the front to 3 in. there are notch slots on the front struts to go lower.

Users who are viewing this thread