5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered Laramie Sport

Hindo86

Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie Sport from the shop last night, it was lowered 3” in front and 5” in the rear with a kit from Inez Hotrods. The front was done with upper and lower control arms, and the rear with springs and 4-link relocation. Tires are 285/45/22.
Picked up my Laramie Sport from the shop last night, it was lowered 3” in front and 5” in the rear with a kit from Inez Hotrods. The front was done with upper and lower control arms, and the rear with springs and 4-link relocation. Tires are 285/45/22.
I have been trying to locate a lowering kit for my 2019 ram 1500 crew cab 4x4. What I’m trying to do is just drop the rear leave the front alone but I can’t find anywhere that tells me how many inches of drop I need or what kind of kit I should be looking for. When I do a Google search how it doesn’t take me to these parts it looks like hockey pucks. Any insight or directions to comport mean I would really appreciate. Your truck looks gorgeous, I love the color and what you did with the rims. Show stopper! Thank you Bryan

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A quick Google search found this:

2” Rear Lowering Springs. Make sure to select Classic or New Body Style when ordering.

A lot of info here as well:

The parts that look like hockey pucks are for raising the front to make the truck level as opposed to lowering the rear.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have been trying to locate a lowering kit for my 2019 ram 1500 crew cab 4x4. What I’m trying to do is just drop the rear leave the front alone but I can’t find anywhere that tells me how many inches of drop I need or what kind of kit I should be looking for. When I do a Google search how it doesn’t take me to these parts it looks like hockey pucks. Any insight or directions to comport mean I would really appreciate. Your truck looks gorgeous, I love the color and what you did with the rims. Show stopper! Thank you Bryan

2487b5588b7a1ba82e3a91a2babb1fb2.jpg

I have the rear lowering springs you need for sale. $100+ shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dropped5thgen

Reaction score
You can buy progressive lowering springs for the rear of your truck. McGaughys makes a set for the 4th gen rams (09-18). They will work for your truck and will give you 2” of lowering in the rear. If that doesn’t level out your truck then you can cut them to your desired height.

Here’s the link-

Hindo86

Reaction score
@LoRAM I really appreciate the insight and reply and posting that link for the lowering springs. I just have one last question. Will my stock shocks in the rear work with those lowering springs or do I need to purchase some new shocks since I’m going to be lowering the rear? Also did they give you the drop you were looking for or did you have to cut the spring down to get the look you were trying to get? Thank you for your time and knowledge. Look forward to hearing back from you. Have a good night!
Bryan

Last edited:

LoRAM

Reaction score
@LoRAM I really appreciate the insight and reply and posting that link for the lowering springs. I just have one last question. Will my stock shocks in the rear work with those lowering springs or do I need to purchase some new shocks since I’m going to be lowering the rear? Also did they give you the drop you were looking for or did you have to cut the spring down to get the look you were trying to get? Thank you for your time and knowledge. Look forward to hearing back from you. Have a good night!
Bryan
Rear drop shocks are included with their kit. The rear springs are intended to be cut upon receipt, I believe a half turn.

Hindo86

Reaction score
Hmm okay the links that were posted only showed the springs and didn’t mention anything about shocks or having to cut the springs. Sorry I am new to posting on this site and tracing down my comments and replies and if you replied or someone else commented. Could you send me the link please? It would be very much appreciated. One of the links posted and said I just need the springs and no mention of the shocks. And then I also read that some are cutting them because it’s not lowering to what they expected idk. Thank you have a great day.
Bryan
Here are the two links
Again thank you for your time and if you could tell me which one you think is more suitable for me.

Hmm okay the links that were posted only showed the springs and didn’t mention anything about shocks or having to cut the springs. Sorry I new to posting on this site and tracing down my comments and replies and if you replied or someone else commented. Could you send me the link please? It would be very much appreciated thank you have a great day.
Bryan
This is the first link that popped up on my reply to my post
Rear drop shocks are included with their kit. The rear springs are intended to be cut upon receipt, I believe a half turn.

LoRAM

Reaction score
Hmm okay the links that were posted only showed the springs and didn’t mention anything about shocks or having to cut the springs. Sorry I am new to posting on this site and tracing down my comments and replies and if you replied or someone else commented. Could you send me the link please? It would be very much appreciated. One of the links posted and said I just need the springs and no mention of the shocks. And then I also read that some are cutting them because it’s not lowering to what they expected idk. Thank you have a great day.
Bryan
Here are the two links
Again thank you for your time and if you could tell me which one you think is more suitable for me.

Bryan
This is the first link that popped up on my reply to my post

RokTT

Reaction score
Update: almost 3yrs and 25k miles later, it is time for something new! Rather than a new truck - it’s time for a new look! Looking to swap the 3/5 drop for a leveling kit and some new 22x10 Hostiles on 285/55/22.

Anyone in the market for a used 3/5 IHC kit?
Is this still available?

Users who are viewing this thread